Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There is no way you can blame the Coaching Staff for this.

Quote:Yes, but then your assumption that a QB will instantly increase the success of this team begs a question:  Will the coach be capable of taking a good QB and then creating a team that is a legit contender...

As an example.  Tony Romo has alot of weapons on offense.  He makes alot of dumb mistakes in critical positions.  But he also has team-mates that are also rather boneheaded.  The coaching staff that Jerry Jones constantly puts around him can never make that team with a franchise QB a consistent playoff contender, much less team that is thought to have Superbowl aspirations. 

The OCs that the cowboys have had could never figure it out.  The HCs have always been less than stellar.  Yes Bill Parcells was thier coach for a time, but he lost that locker room when Jerry decided to bring in TO against Parcells wishes. 

These types of things are important.  Being a "rah rah" guy is great.  But if you don't know how to run your team and get your coaching staff to get the best out of players, you'll still be just another team.

That's one thing about Del Rio that I think we've all seen now.  He had Garrard, a horrible O-line, a WR group that couldn't make it on any other team, a D that couldn't get off the field on 3rd and longs, but he was at least always competitive come December...  Besides his last year of course when the writing was on the wall. 

Again, not saying that Gus Bradley can't become a great HC.  But I ask anyone to tell me what the philosophy of this team is.  What is the direction Bradley wants this team to go?  What type of identity do we have?  Yeah, the team sucks.  But shouldn't there be some sort of mantra, other than "we're building" and "we're gonna build on this" type of talk.

Shouldn't we have some recognition of where this team will be come next year?  Yeah, a QB will make a better.  What what type of QB does Bradley want?  What's his offensive philosophy?  Whats his defensive philosophy? 

Year 2 will be better.  But if the HC is just throwing darts up at the board to figure out his overal direction and coaching style...  Year 3 and year 4 will be plateaus...  Then we're right back where we started.

Love that you brought this up. Excellent post. This is why I'm critical of Bradley so far. Once he has a good team, is he going to keep leading us to wild card berths and nothing more, or is he going to be able to lead us to championships? So far, it hasn't looked good. He has time, of course. But so far, based strictly on his work as a head coach for us, I don't see Bradley as being able to lead us to championships.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Love that you brought this up. Excellent post. This is why I'm critical of Bradley so far. Once he has a good team, is he going to keep leading us to wild card berths and nothing more, or is he going to be able to lead us to championships? So far, it hasn't looked good. He has time, of course. But so far, based strictly on his work as a head coach for us, I don't see Bradley as being able to lead us to championships.

So what are the winning Powerball numbers?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:So what are the winning Powerball numbers?
I believe you misread my post. I pretty clearly stated that I was using only his performance as a head coach so far and also stated he has time.

Quote:I believe you misread my post. I pretty clearly stated that I was using only his performance as a head coach so far and also stated he has time.
ignore him. he just nit picks peoples posts and doesnt have his own opinion.

Quote:ignore him. he just nit picks peoples posts and doesnt have his own opinion.
Says the dude who takes random unemployed NFL scouts opinions as facts.  :whistling:

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013, 08:19 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:Says the dude who takes random unemployed NFL scouts opinions as facts.  :whistling:
compared to providing draft websites with little to no actual nfl scouting experiences? i didnt say they were facts, i just put more trust in people with actual scouting experiences.