Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How would you grade Bradley and his staff so far? For a point of reference, assume that Mularkey and his staff last year were a "D."
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Grade Bradley and the coaching staff

Quote:Oh. I didn't know that Pete Carroll actually won anything as a head coach in the NFL. Has any of his teams even reached a SB?

You, on the other hand...

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:THIS is why I keep coming back to this board. The unintentional comedy is tremendous.

You guys are serious, right? This isn't all sarcasm and the joke's on me?

At least Shad will know where to come to find his GM and Head Coach replacement.

And I love that - he's not tough enough comment. What, he hasn't beheaded anyone yet.

Eight games into a total rebuild, with what is though to be the weakest roster in the NFL. In a league in which you have to have a QB, and the Jags don't.

And most of you were saying Blow it up! just nine months ago.

Did you all come on the same short bus?

If we can't even speculate on an internet messageboard, what the heck are we supposed to do?

Anyway, now that I think about it, your act of calling us out is also a right and priviledge that exists in this and any other internet messageboard. So carry on.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 01:03 PM by anonymous2112.)

On the subject of nice vs. not nice:

Tony Dungy has won a Super Bowl.

Greg Schiano has not, and never will.

Tom Coughlin has won 2, but only after he started becoming a nicer guy.  So, nice guy/bad guy, whatever.  I forgot.  Which one was Bill Walsh?

I really want to give Bradley an "I" for incomplete, but man this team has looked disorganized and unprepared way too often.  Halfway through the year, it's an D.

Edit:  I changed his grade to D from F.  I guess I'm just a nice guy, too.

Quote:If we can't even speculate on an internet messageboard, what the heck are we supposed to do?

Anyway, now that I think about it, your act of calling us out is also a right and priviledge that exists in this and any other internet messageboard. So carry on.

Speculating on a message board can be fun.

Calling out professionals, after eight games with this roster, is stupid and only exposes the ignorance of the posters.

Now, if reading that kind of garbage, instead of true speculation, is your idea of fun - feel free.

For me, it's just pure comedy.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

this fanbase contradicts itself constantly... first, people are seemingly ok with writing this year off and going after a solid qb next year. then, people are calling for bradleys head 8 games into his tenure.... i get the whole, i see no improvement so what is he doing, mentality... but damn, its not like we have brought anyone on to make a difference, we are still the same team we were in week 2 when everyone seemed to understand we sucked, why would we look better... a coach can only do so much week to week, what flashes are people expecting... if anything we have weakened our self by selling monroe and haveing Luke out for the year, but this still reinforces the idea that we are rebuilding this team through this upcoming offseason... i think the worst thing we could do at this point is add a 5th head coach in 4 years... i was one of the ones who thought we would be a little better than we are now, but im not suddenly surprised by the fact that we look like crap... the only person who i think may deserve trash on the staff is fisch, but its hard for me to say its completely his play calling because he has less of a qb now on the nfl level than he did when he was on the college lvl..

.i know this fan base is done giving chances after the last gm never really materialized anything, but damn lets at least let this group clean out what the last group did and bring in new players before we start acting like they failed... i look at it like this year was half just purging the roster and half fixing the cap disaster this last group created when they paid trash players big fa money...this year, we really left ourself little room to try and go after players who would make us instantly better when that was our first piece of business our new group faced.

Incomplete is the only real answer at this point in time   -  but I'll need to see them milk some signs of life out of this crap roster in the latter half of the season - or their grade at that time will be a "C" at best.  

This defense has got to hold a few teams under 120 yards rushing before I let the defensive coaching totally off the hook.  

The offense needs to score at least 2 TDs in consecutive games before I let the offensive coaching off the hook.  I don't think this is too much to ask for - even in the first year of a rebuild.  With the upcoming schedule - they may be able to pull it off.  

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 01:42 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I find it 100% ok to pass some judgement on this coaching staff.  They have been at it for well over 6 months.  I do find it premature to fire anyone but right now it is looking bad.

Things that I see on a regular basis that the coaches are struggling.

Play Calling:  To be blunt it has been horrendous.  Someone help me understand a few things.

1) Why do the Jags love to run up the middle on 2nd and long?  Everytime it sets the team up in a 3rd and long situation.  Any real offense understands the way you play that is you try to pass for atleast half of the yards you need to set up a 3rd down manageable situation. The Jags constantly fail at this

2)  I saw a stat popped up that this team is 2nd in the nfl in the LEAST blitzing team.  This front 4 sucks and the QBs have all day to pass the ball.  Why would you not throw more blitzes?  I would rather get beat deep than let a team control the clock or the game.  Sometimes blitzes get through and cause a sack or a turnover.  The Jags defense only blitzes 16% of the time.  Does not make sense

3) This team seems to not be prepared: The Jags get blown off often and it seems to be a massacre right at the start.  I do understand this team lacks talent but these guys are professional players.  It's just pathetic to be blown out at home every game.  Losing by  32 points to the 49ers is just embarrassing on a national level.

4) So the team is down by over 20 and the jags want to continue to run the ball.  Instead of throwing the ball up and giving your receivers a chance the Jags coaching staff calls a drive that runs half the quarter out.  It's like giving up on the game. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Who put the roster together? That excuse is getting old considering 8 games of zero improvement, regression, no fire/compassion. For a D minded coach and arguably the side that has the most experience and their performance...I give him F-

Shoot...the team has a bye next week....and the Bye is favored by 7 1/2.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote: 

2)  I saw a stat popped up that this team is 2nd in the nfl in the LEAST blitzing team.  This front 4 sucks and the QBs have all day to pass the ball.  Why would you not throw more blitzes? 

You're kidding again, right?   SMH   They are rarely in position to blitz in terms of down and distance (and scoreboard) - not to mention the fact that they get beat on screens and quick checkdowns half the time they do send 5 pass rushers.   

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 01:50 PM by WingerDinger.)

Yeah he put the roster together, but he also hasn't had an efficiant amount of time to complete that roster overhaul.. He flushed 1/3 of this roster almost a week before the start of the season and added back almost a 1/3 from free agency.. The man is trying, I know we all want a winner ASAP, but jeez, use common sense for a change and realize that this is the start of a new regime and new regimes take time to develope..

Go back to your Madden games and chill cause this isn't going to be an overnight overhaul...
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:You're kidding again, right?   SMH   They are rarely in position to blitz in terms of down and distance (and scoreboard) - not to mention the fact that they get beat on screens and quick checkdowns half the time they do send 5 pass rushers.   
You must not have watched the whole game.

I have seen the exact same thing time and time again.  The Jags have several times in every game when they have a team in 2nd and 3rd and long.  What I have seen is a team play a soft zone or man coverage and give opposing Qb's all day in the pocket. 

There were a few times against the 9ers the jags had them backed up and they played a soft man 2 man coverage.  This allowed Kapernick to tear this team up with his legs.

Quote:Still whining about Cox. 

How's he doing in San Diego?

Are you diverting the question or did you just choose to ignore it?  I'm interested to hear your perspective on the subject matter.  Given the fact that we get schooled in the 1st half of every game, my concern is whether we are even studying game film properly.   I know we blocked a punt in a game (our 1 play 2013 highlight show), but there has to be more weaknesses from the opponent that we could expose.... ???

Quote:You must not have watched the whole game.

I have seen the exact same thing time and time again.  The Jags have several times in every game when they have a team in 2nd and 3rd and long.  What I have seen is a team play a soft zone or man coverage and give opposing Qb's all day in the pocket. 

There were a few times against the 9ers the jags had them backed up and they played a soft man 2 man coverage.  This allowed Kapernick to tear this team up with his legs.
LOL.  You must not have seen Kaepernik do the exact same thing when they sent 5 guys on 3rd and 7. 

Quote:LOL.  You must not have seen Kaepernik do the exact same thing when they sent 5 guys on 3rd and 7. 
The stats don't lie.  I have the game dvderd and see how soft the defense is playing

Quote:Are you diverting the question or did you just choose to ignore it?  I'm interested to hear your perspective on the subject matter.  Given the fact that we get schooled in the 1st half of every game, my concern is whether we are even studying game film properly.   I know we blocked a punt in a game (our 1 play 2013 highlight show), but there has to be more weaknesses from the opponent that we could expose.... ???

He's ignoring the question and busy trying to rewrite history again. before the season FBT was all this is the right direction stop crying about losing players from a 2-14 squad, now it's we don't know if this is the right direction we have to wait and see..................

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:The stats don't lie.  I have the game dvderd and see how soft the defense is playing
Cool.  Que up your DVR to 5:52 remaining in the 1st quarter.  It's 2nd and 9.  The Jags blitz with an OLB. 5 man rush.  Incomplete pass.

(FB should have caught it. would have been 3rd and 4 if he did cause Poz was there.)

Next play:  3rd and 9 -  Jags blitz sending six pass rushers.  Kap runs for the first down.  

That's pretty aggressive blitzing.  How'd it work out? 

Did you want more of this ^ ??

Quote:Oh. I didn't know that Pete Carroll actually won anything as a head coach in the NFL. Has any of his teams even reached a SB?
WTH??????? I hope this is sarcasm, but knowing you its just another dumb comment.

Quote:The stats don't lie.  I have the game dvderd and see how soft the defense is playing
Defense is hardly the issue, go back and watch your "dvderd?" game again.

I'm really pulling for Bradley, I hope that he can turn this around for you guys and you can start winning!

[Image: bannercenter.jpg]

Quote:I'm really pulling for Bradley, I hope that he can turn this around for you guys and you can start winning!

Would you hurry up and win a damn game!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]