Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How would you grade Bradley and his staff so far? For a point of reference, assume that Mularkey and his staff last year were a "D."
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Grade Bradley and the coaching staff

Quote:No. 

The team was bad then as well, but Mularkey is not a good head coach. Maybe he's a decent assistant coach, but he's not head coach material. 

Didn't say he was good. But he had the team playing competitive in some games and even won a couple.

People made out that he was a big reason we were so bad. This is false.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Didn't say he was good. But he had the team playing competitive in some games and even won a couple.

People made out that he was a big reason we were so bad. This is false.

No, he was a big reason we were so bad last year.

Not the only reason, but a significant part of it. The team was pretty much the same as the team that went 5-11 with Del Rio / Tucker. Gene made some poor personnel choices, but that's counterbalanced by the huge improvement at WR. I'm pretty sure Mularkey wasn't required to start Robinson at WR, Bosworth at LB, or Ross out of position at outside CB when he was signed to play the slot.

So far Bradley is worse. But that doesn't mean Mularkey was any good.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I gave them a "B" because these coaches only have a handful of playmakers right now. I don't care how well you coach, if you're dealt a team like this, you won't get far.
I would have loved to be in your calculus class with curve grading like you are dishing out

Go Navy! Support our returning veterans!

Mularkey was absolute garbage. He was uninspiring and absolutely horrid at making halftime adjustments. Simply put, last year's roster was stronger because they held onto several vets that the new regime has opted to let go in order to move forward with a complete youth movement. I also believe this team is suffering from some poor decisions when it came to naming coordinators. Bradley brought on chumps who he knew would be loyal to him, and I hope he's since learned from that mistake.

'02

Quote:Oh please....he may have "lightened up somewhat" but he's still a strict disciplinarian and takes no crap. He didn't all of a sudden become Wade Phillips as the above implies. 

No, I do not like Pete Carroll and despite him having some quasi-success in Seattle, he's never going to win a superbowl, and I'd be surprised if he ever is able to overtake the 49ers for his own division, to be honest. He ain't all that. 
Tom Coughlin, by his own admission, had to lighten up on the drill seargent crap.  That did not make him Wade Phillips, nor did my post say as much. 

As for Pete Carroll, his enthusiasm is awesome, but will not win him a Super Bowl.  It's his fantastic team that will do that for him.  And they are now the favorites to do it.

I think this is going to be an interesting week for Bradley, and the bye could not come at a better time.

How in the world can this team be 0-8 without even being within 10 points at the end of any game and anyone on this board grade the coaches A, B, or C??

You guys act like Bradley and staff came on board Sept. 1 and was told, "here's your team your first game is Sunday."

They had the entire off season, draft and training camp to put together a team. This is what we have. We're not even competitive!

Regards.............the Chiefjag

Quote:Mularkey was absolute garbage. He was uninspiring and absolutely horrid at making halftime adjustments. Simply put, last year's roster was stronger because they held onto several vets that the new regime has opted to let go in order to move forward with a complete youth movement. I also believe this team is suffering from some poor decisions when it came to naming coordinators. Bradley brought on chumps who he knew would be loyal to him, and I hope he's since learned from that mistake.
Yes, next time around he'll be sure to hire coordinators who are disloyal to their boss because that's what all the good teams do.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:How in the world can this team be 0-8 without even being within 10 points at the end of any game and anyone on this board grade the coaches A, B, or C??

You guys act like Bradley and staff came on board Sept. 1 and was told, "here's your team your first game is Sunday."

They had the entire off season, draft and training camp to put together a team. This is what we have. We're not even competitive!

This is a completely different approach they've taken from what we've seen in the past.  It's not entertaining right now, but let's see where we are a year from now.  Help isn't going to arrive between now and the end of this season, but hopefully with a more favorable schedule we will start to see steady and substantial improvement in the quality of play on the field as this season progresses.  Another off season with key additions in critical areas and we'll have  better sense for what we've got with both the coaches and the front office. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:This is a completely different approach they've taken from what we've seen in the past.  It's not entertaining right now, but let's see where we are a year from now.  Help isn't going to arrive between now and the end of this season, but hopefully with a more favorable schedule we will start to see steady and substantial improvement in the quality of play on the field as this season progresses.  Another off season with key additions in critical areas and we'll have  better sense for what we've got with both the coaches and the front office. 

That's a far different stance then you took before the season.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:NO, we all expected to have a losing season given the new regime, what we didn't expect was to regress into the utter laughing stock of NFL history. We suffered through a 2 win season in which maybe a few games we were still in it in the 4th quarter, but this year we're done by halftime and fully expect to go 0-16.

Whether this is the worst team in NFL history or not, cheer the hell on up and grow thicker skin if you're worried about being a fan of a "laughing stock".. At least this city has a team and when that team is this bad, it can only get better..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

There's no choice other than F, it's quite obvious. I have yet to give up on Bradley but it's not looking good.

Now Fisch on the other hand...

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Whether this is the worst team in NFL history or not, cheer the hell on up and grow thicker skin if you're worried about being a fan of a "laughing stock".. At least this city has a team and when that team is this bad, it can only get better..

I've been to every single game this team has ever played in this town and many out of town. I have lived in many cities in my life where NFL was not available it's why I continue to support them. By my rough calculation I've spent $91,000 watching this team. But I don't have to like what I see.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 09:07 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Quote:How in the world can this team be 0-8 without even being within 10 points at the end of any game and anyone on this board grade the coaches A, B, or C??

Welcome to the Jaguars message board.  This is the same board that were still calling Gene the "genius" last offseason.  I believe some fans just can't accept reality and have to believe in whatever kick the team is on.

Different Regime same thing, "All In" "Stand United" etc.  while losing.

Bradley has a poor roster but has done a poor job himself.  His coordinators call awful games while he keeps giving the same Tony Robbins speech every game.  I understand he is enthusiastic but at some point its timie to put your foot down.  At this point anything is fair game.  Cut Veterans, demote players, change the scheme, etc.

Instead of changing he said in an interview today that the depth chart will stay about the same.  Just pathetic.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I've been to every single game this team has ever played in this town and many out of town. I have lived in many cities in my life where NFL was not available it's why I continue to support them. By my rough calculation I've spent $91,000 watching this team. But I don't have to like what I see.

Congratulations, a lot of people are in the same boat though..  Nobody says you have to like what you see, but at least have the understanding that unless this team was full of talent and still goes 2-14 (KC) or even winless, you're in for a long ride buddy.. Cause this team is damn near "talentless".. So put on your helmet and strap up the chin strap cause things are gonna be rocky for a good while..

Side question.. After calculating how much you've spent being a fan for this team, do you regret spending that much? I guess that's the real question.. Would I ever spend 91k being a fan for this team? Not hardly, no team for that matter.. But that doesn't make me less of a fan than you or anyone else for that matter..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:There's no choice other than F, it's quite obvious. I have yet to give up on Bradley but it's not looking good.

Now Fisch on the other hand...

Please don't give up on him. That's crucial. He'd be very disappointed.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 09:33 PM by the Chiefjag.)

Quote:Congratulations, a lot of people are in the same boat though..  Nobody says you have to like what you see, but at least have the understanding that unless this team was full of talent and still goes 2-14 (KC) or even winless, you're in for a long ride buddy.. Cause this team is damn near "talentless".. So put on your helmet and strap up the chin strap cause things are gonna be rocky for a good while..

Side question.. After calculating how much you've spent being a fan for this team, do you regret spending that much? I guess that's the real question.. Would I ever spend 91k being a fan for this team? Not hardly, no team for that matter.. But that doesn't make me less of a fan than you or anyone else for that matter..

I understand we're in for a rough ride and my comment about not liking what I see is a reply to your comment telling me to cheer up.

I don't regret spending that money. I still have a better time watching LIVE NFL football on Sundays than staying at home or working. I don't  regret the trips to Seattle, Kansas City, Baltimore, Nashville, Houston, et al. watching us get our butts kicked.

It's depressing nonetheless coming out of the stadium with another loss.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

F for sure.  I wasn't really excited about the hire anyway.  Seattle's D had great playmakers, but of course the coach seems to get more credit than he deserves.  They are exceling well in Seattle w/o Bradley, while he is here trying to imitate their system and failing miserably.  I doubt he will be fired if we 0-16, but I defenitely wouldn't mind a more offensive-minded coach.  The team right now is horrible, and it's hard to believe that things will change as soon as we get a new QB.  It's not like we have a great roster, the team is missing a lot of pieces.

Quote:Yes, next time around he'll be sure to hire coordinators who are disloyal to their boss because that's what all the good teams do.

You managed to miss my point entirely. I was saying he should search for the best qualified candidate as opposed to just bringing on a patsy who knows him to be his puppet.

'02

Quote:I said C because I really do like Bradley as the HC and feel he'll get things headed in the right direction eventually. But overall this team is just pathetic wherein last year's 2-14 team probably would beat them. I also quite frankly have no love for the coordinators. I like Bradley, and the secondary coach who was recently the interim coach for a couple days when Gus visited his dad, but the rest of the coaches gotta go possibly exempting a couple good assistants I'm overlooking. I do like the WR coach, but I think he's set to retire after the year regardless. I'm also thinking the LB coach is ok. The ones that definitely have to go are the OC, the DC, and the OL and DL coaches.

Do you like Gus as a Head Coach or do you like him as a person (personallity)?  I mean 0-8 its hard to rate any HC with a C maybe if he was 3-4 at least...

The other thing is both Dave (GM) and Gus are new so its hard to tell if they are working together (like who thought it would be a good idea to get rid of Eugene)?

How exactly can you not wrap your head around this, HOW CAN THEY BUILD A COMPETENT TEAM WITH WHAT THEY WERE SUPPLIED WITH IN 1 OFFSEASON? LOL. Blows my mind entirely that some people are so football stupid.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>