Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Jaguars Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (race for the #1 overall pick)

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 12:41 PM by Solid Snake.)

Wouldn't touch Boyd with a 10 foot pole. How does Hundley look? Seems like the hype surrounding this QB class has been going up but honestly I only see one true franchise guy. The others are incredible athletes but I question their ability to come in and lead this team as a first year NFL quarterbacks. Maybe I'm wrong.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wouldn't touch Boyd with a 10 foot pole. How does Hundley look? Seems like the hype surrounding this QB class has been going up but honestly I only see one true franchise guy. The others are incredible athletes but I question their ability to come in and lead this team as a first year NFL quarterback.

Agreed.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Wouldn't touch Boyd with a 10 foot pole. How does Hundley look? Seems like the hype surrounding this QB class has been going up but honestly I only see one true franchise guy. The others are incredible athletes but I question their ability to come in and lead this team as a first year NFL quarterbacks. Maybe I'm wrong.  

I don't see Boyd as a first rounder. He was an absolute dud last week. Would not surprise me to see him take a huge slide like we saw with Barkley and Nassib last year.

Quote:I like Mariota better anyway. Let em have Teddy Bridge-fodder
I like Mariota as well but we don't want Tampa to have Mariota. I want the Jags to pick the right guy whoever it maybe. Its quite possible we get the QB we like the most just like Joekel  as against Fisher.  We don't want to take a chance.

BUCS SUCKS man!!!!  Also don't discount the Vikings yet and the raiders as well.

Quote:Wouldn't touch Boyd with a 10 foot pole. How does Hundley look? Seems like the hype surrounding this QB class has been going up but honestly I only see one true franchise guy. The others are incredible athletes but I question their ability to come in and lead this team as a first year NFL quarterbacks. Maybe I'm wrong.  

I agree....and it makes me wonder if Caldwell might actually trade up with whomever gets that #1 pick, to ensure he gets his guy. 

I hate trading up, but if theres only one real QB in this draft, and Caldwell was on a team that did this with the Julio Jones deal.....who knows?...

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 12:45 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:...but we don't want Tampa to have Mariota.

Why the hell not? Thats exactly what I want. 

Quote:I agree....and it makes me wonder if Caldwell might actually trade up with whomever gets that #1 pick, to ensure he gets his guy.

I hate trading up, but if theres only one real QB in this draft, and Caldwell was on a team that did this with the Julio Jones deal.....who knows?...

I think Teddy is worth trading up from 2 using maybe a three,four, and five.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:I guess we were thinking the same thing. Mods can merge or delete my post.

Of  course the OP could have added to my Worst Teams Tracker thread, which serves the same purpose It is not guaranteed Tampa Bay will always have fewer wins than a team that has one win. But I agree both frontrunners for the top pick are in Florida.

Quote:I think Teddy is worth trading up from 2 using maybe a three,four, and five.

But would they (Tampa) accept that?

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 01:00 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Why the hell not? Thats exactly what I want. 

In fact, what you really want is Mariota, Hundley, Mettenberger, etc to shoot up the boards. I don't think either one of them is the number one QB but they will get over drafted mostly due to their physical skill sets. I still think the best comparison for me is Kaepernick vs Luck. If you want a Luck type get Bridgewater, if you want a Kaepernick type go with those guys. You know what you get from someone like Luck, while Kaepernick, though extremely talented, is still learning how to play QB in the NFL. Not only that but teams have mostly figured out how to contain his running ability....which curiously the ones championing the Mariota and Hundley use their speed as examples, ignoring the fact that the read option has mostly died (again). 

Quote:Unless the Bucs fire Schiano soon, its not going to be that close. The Jaguars will win a few meaningless games down the stretch (#becausejaguars) and the Bucs will go 0-16. All you had to do was watch that game last night. 

I don't think the Buccaneers will lose every game regardless of when (not if) Schiano is fired. Only one team in NFL history went 0-16, so that obviously is very hard to do.

Quote:I'd be shocked if they fired Schiano, he givees them the best chance for the #1 overall pick.

Do you really think a team owner would want to keep a horrible head coach just to get the #1 pick when they have a lot of other problems causing their string of losses? No way the Buccaneers keep Schiano for that purpose.

Quote:No way they keep Schiano all year. He will be fired... Team will respond by ripping off a couple wins and there you have it.... #1 pick.

When Schiano is fired has nothing to do with being winless. His current players hate him. His former players hate him. Even coaches he hired hate him. A guy like that can't save his job by winning two games.

Quote:But would they (Tampa) accept that?

A better question is why would we (Jacksonville) do that? Caldwell is a build-through-the-draft, needs-based drafter, GM. He would stay at #2 if that is the pick we get.

Quote:I don't think the Buccaneers will lose every game regardless of when (not if) Schiano is fired. Only one team in NFL history went 0-16, so that obviously is very hard to do.

Do you really think a team owner would want to keep a horrible head coach just to get the #1 pick when they have a lot of other problems causing their string of losses? No way the Buccaneers keep Schiano for that purpose.

When Schiano is fired has nothing to do with being winless. His current players hate him. His former players hate him. Even coaches he hired hate him. A guy like that can't save his job by winning two games.
If everyone on the Bucs hated Schiano but they were 5-2... he would not be fired. No one cares about being liked... Its all about winning.

I was high on Boyd, but the FSU game really scared me off.  Didn't expect that.

Quote:If everyone on the Bucs hated Schiano but they were 5-2... he would not be fired. No one cares about being liked... Its all about winning.

One reason they are not 5-2 is their problems go way beyond the head coach. A team can't be that bad if only one guy is causing problems.

Quote:thats when they were still at least quasi- trying to win....

So they were still tying to "quasi win" in week 1? Do you realize how ridiculous and stupid that sounds? You think professional athletes who make a living on their current and future performances are going to tank for a team or coach? I agree with a lot of what you say, but just give this some thought.

Quote:So they were still tying to "quasi win" in week 1? Do you realize how ridiculous and stupid that sounds? You think professional athletes who make a living on their current and future performances are going to tank for a team or coach? I agree with a lot of what you say, but just give this some thought.
but thats the thing, he doesn't think :teehee:

Quote:So they were still tying to "quasi win" in week 1? Do you realize how ridiculous and stupid that sounds? You think professional athletes who make a living on their current and future performances are going to tank for a team or coach? I agree with a lot of what you say, but just give this some thought.

I'd love to hear what a pre-tank motivational speech sounds like. 

Quote:I'd love to hear what a pre-tank motivational speech sounds like.
"We're gonna lose one for the Dipper"...
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...buccaneers

Bucs now the new favorite to land the #1 pick?
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.