Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Jaguars Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (race for the #1 overall pick)

Quote:I like Mariota better anyway. Let em have Teddy Bridge-fodder
May I please have what you are smoking? The Buccaneers would be playoff contenders of the bat with bridgewater and the talent he would be surrounded with,

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So they were still tying to "quasi win" in week 1? Do you realize how ridiculous and stupid that sounds? You think professional athletes who make a living on their current and future performances are going to tank for a team or coach? I agree with a lot of what you say, but just give this some thought.

If you (and others) think that Tampa is playing hard and really trying to win right now, you're just not watching their games. 

I don't see much effort at all. 

Their fans and the TV analysts can & are seeing it too. 

So, you can claim that what I said in that post sounds ridiculous, but the actions on the field sure back it up. 

I think I would feel physically ill if we somehow do not draft Teddy. It will be hard to stomach another season of what were going through now.

Quote:May I please have what you are smoking? The Buccaneers would be playoff contenders of the bat with bridgewater and the talent he would be surrounded with,

The big question is though, could he beat UCF ?

Quote:I think I would feel physically ill if we somehow do not draft Teddy. It will be hard to stomach another season of what were going through now.

You do realize even if we get Teddy, we will still have at least one more season like this one with the rebuild. Not 0-16 but not a winning record. Changing the QB wont help the OL or DL. The way DC is building through the draft the OL and DL will be full of Rookies next year. The 3rd year will be when we should be competting for a playoff spot. 

Quote:The big question is though, could he beat UCF ?
The big answer was no. :teehee:

Quote:If you (and others) think that Tampa is playing hard and really trying to win right now, you're just not watching their games. 

I don't see much effort at all. 

Their fans and the TV analysts can & are seeing it too. 

So, you can claim that what I said in that post sounds ridiculous, but the actions on the field sure back it up. 

IMO, Glennon doesn't look terrible. Vincent Jackson dropped a pass for a 1st down on the first drive which lead to a 3 and out and a Panthers score.

Carolina CB made a great play on 3rd and long to prevent a TD.

They were blitzing and getting pressure on Cam all night, but Cam made some amazing plays to keep drives alive.

A team like TB only gets so many chances to stay in a game like this, and those 2 plays were critical to the outcome of the game in my opinion.

I think TB has the talent to win a game or 2.

Quote:You do realize even if we get Teddy, we will still have at least one more season like this one with the rebuild. Not 0-16 but not a winning record. Changing the QB wont help the OL or DL. The way DC is building through the draft the OL and DL will be full of Rookies next year. The 3rd year will be when we should be competting for a playoff spot. 

Hopefully Caldwell gets some big uglies in free agency. With a QB, this team really can win 8 or 9 games next yr.

Quote:IMO, Glennon doesn't look terrible. Vincent Jackson dropped a pass for a 1st down on the first drive which lead to a 3 and out and a Panthers score.

They were blitzing and getting pressure on Cam all night, but Cam made some amazing plays to keep drives alive.

A team like TB only gets so many chances to stay in a game like this, and those 2 plays were critical to the outcome of the game in my opinion.

...I think Tampa had had the "talent" to win up to 3 or 4 games, already, and the talent to win 3 or 4 more from this point forward.....but its not going to happen. Because they have quit. 

Quote:Hopefully Caldwell gets some big uglies in free agency. With a QB, this team really can win 8 or 9 games next yr.
With the number of linemen underperforming on both sides of the football - I feel fairly certain he'll use free agency to address one or two positions along the lines. 

I know he wants to build through the draft but he's crazy if he thinks we can get every starter via the draft.. you need some veterans on both sides of the ball to help the young ones grow. 

If everyone thinks the bucs have a better chance to have the number 1 pick over us is delusional, high on weed or both. Have ya'll seen this team play this year and I personally feel with our qb situation we can't beat Oregon right now. Let me give you some numbers for everyone: 2 pts chiefs,  9 pts raiders, 17pts seahawks, 3 pts colts, 20 pts vs the bad rams, 20pts which the defense gave him seven of them 20 points during the bronco's game and 6 points last week.

In addition for you chad henne supporters who think he can help us win meaningless games let me give you last years results. 34 pts vs the Texans, 24 pts vs the titans which we surprising won, 18 pts vs the bills, 10 pts vs the jets, 3 pts vs the dolphins, 16 pts vs the patriots and 20 pts vs the titans and we lost all those games at ther end of the season when those suppose to meaningless games as well.

My point is that with either guy at qb I don't think we'll win a game this year because we went 2 and 14 last year with better team play out of our roster.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I know he wants to build through the draft but he's crazy if he thinks we can get every starter via the draft.. you need some veterans on both sides of the ball to help the young ones grow. 
I think you are taking this too literally.  He's signed 5 or 6 free agents already.  He's just not spending big money there -  though he'll probably spend a little more next go 'round IMO.  Just don't expect any signings of guys older than 26 or 27 unless they are short contracts with incentives. 

Quote:I know he wants to build through the draft but he's crazy if he thinks we can get every starter via the draft.. you need some veterans on both sides of the ball to help the young ones grow. 

He's already doing exactly what you're describing.  Signing cheap FAs to temporarily fill in holes until younger players are ready to replace them. He's being smart.  You don't pay players who'll be over the hill by the time the team is any good.

Quote:IMO, Glennon doesn't look terrible. Vincent Jackson dropped a pass for a 1st down on the first drive which lead to a 3 and out and a Panthers score.

If the Bucs keep falling behind and as a result get into an expected passing mode,    I have serious doubts that Mike Glennon will last the season.     Glennon looks like he's on a 1000 calorie per day diet.      He's as skinny as a rail.   

Ironically,   Dan Orlovsky,   who has been part of an 0-16 and another team that lost it's first 13 games,   could end up as the Bucs starting QB for one or more games.

Quote:Unless the Bucs fire Schiano soon, its not going to be that close. The Jaguars will win a few meaningless games down the stretch (#becausejaguars) and the Bucs will go 0-16. All you had to do was watch that game last night. 
I said it before and I'll say it again, if going 0-16 is what it'll take to get Bridgewater, then count me out.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We got plenty of starters through free agency this year.  They are all rejects from Seattle and suck but we got them.

This is the year we take a QB, it just has to be. If we are in position for the top QB next year then we drafted and performed POORLY in 2014! I can't see us tanking the '14 and honestly if we did, my Duval county born backside would give up on cheering for the Jags and just focus on college football
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

The Jags will win at least one game this season. Because unlike the Bucs, Bradley actually has control of his own team and his players believe in him.

Quote:We got plenty of starters through free agency this year.  They are all rejects from Seattle and suck but we got them.
There's only one starter that's a former Seahawk  that isn't a special teamer.   

Will Blackmon.  He doesn't exactly "suck." 

He's ranked 40 spots higher than the guy he replaced (Cox) on the current CB rankings list, BTW.