Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Jaguars Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (race for the #1 overall pick)

Quote:May I please have what you are smoking? The Buccaneers would be playoff contenders of the bat with bridgewater and the talent he would be surrounded with,

Talent that includes Tiquan Underwood? LOL You must have not watched them play last night. They would have scored more than 13 points if quarterback was their only problem.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's only one starter that's a former Seahawk  that isn't a special teamer.   

Will Blackmon.  He doesn't exactly "suck." 

He's ranked 40 spots higher than the guy he replaced (Cox) on the current CB rankings list, BTW.

Wait!! You mean all our starters aren't terrible and aren't rejects from Seattle? You mean its possible that Seattle has great talent and depth and we happen to get some of what they couldn't keep?

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 06:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I don't care if we don't get the 1st pick I just don't want to miss out on the 1st and 2nd pick.  I would be more than happy with Clowney and a QB in the 2nd or a trade back into the 1st.

Quote:I don't care if we don't get the 1st pick I just don't want to miss out on the 1st and 2nd pick.  I would be more than happy with Clowney and a QB in the 2nd or a trade back into the 1st.

That might be OK if there is a secone-round quarterback who should have been picked in the first round. But there are concerns about Clowney's commitment to football.

Quote:That might be OK if there is a secone-round quarterback who should have been picked in the first round. But there are concerns about Clowney's commitment to football.
eh, im not concerned

Quote:I like Mariota better anyway. Let em have Teddy Bridge-fodder
You know Mariota is 19 years old right?

Jameis Winston is probably going to be better than any QB in this draft when it's all said and done.    Figures.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 06:37 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Jameis Winston is probably going to be better than any QB in this draft when it's all said and done. Figures.
Maybe but he isn't coming out this year nor do I think we will be bad enough to get him next year.

I predict Steelers Cowboys or Giants tank and get another 10 years of post season play.

Quote:You know Mariota is 19 years old right?

If that is true, how can he be eligible for the draft this year?

honestly i just dont want to go 0-16

Quote:That might be OK if there is a secone-round quarterback who should have been picked in the first round. But there are concerns about Clowney's commitment to football.
I dont know if its an issue with commitment to football, or just the "free" kind.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 07:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:honestly i just dont want to go 0-16

Dude the Jaguars are not going 0-16. The schedule in the 2nd half is far too easy for that to happen. 

Just to show how sure I am of this - I, TMD will leave the board forever if they go 0-16. 

Quote:Dude the Jaguars are not going 0-16. The schedule in the 2nd half is far too easy for that to happen. 

Just to show how sure I am of this - I, TMD will leave the board forever if they go 0-16. 
I feel like you've made that bet before... I hope you're right though.

I'd be fine with 1-15. Anything but 0-16

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I feel like you've made that bet before... I hope you're right though.

I'd be fine with 1-15. Anything but 0-16
Agree...I don't want to be forever in that GOOSE-EGG category with the Lions&Bucs....We will never live that down.

Quote:I dont know if its an issue with commitment to football, or just the "free" kind.

Depends on how you interpret the incident where he told Steve Spurrier 30 minutes before kickoff he can't play with a rib injury. That raised eyebrows because he was cleared to play.

Quote:So if Tampa gets the #1 pick do you take the second or third best QB or do you trade back get more picks and fix the OL DL LB and maybe a RB and pic up a Vet QB and shoot for Winston next year. As DC said its not a 1 year fix but a building process.
LOL  If we take the 3rd best QB with the second overall pick it's definitly time for a new GM. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

So many of you so called fans are so truly pathetic.

You are unhappy with winning, you are unhappy with losing.

Some of you have a level of ineptitude that no professional team will ever reach.

(Waits for the normal crew of loser lovers to retort)

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Dude the Jaguars are not going 0-16. The schedule in the 2nd half is far too easy for that to happen. 

can I make this my sig until further notice?

Quote:So many of you so called fans are so truly pathetic.

You are unhappy with winning, you are unhappy with losing.

Some of you have a level of ineptitude that no professional team will ever reach.

(Waits for the normal crew of loser lovers to retort)

"So called fans" ? The team has won 7 games over the last 3 years and thus far this season they have yet to score a TD at home nor come within single digits of a single opponent. You may find some bandwagon fans, but you will not find them here.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

If we aren't able to get Bridgewater, I would be very happy with Anthony Barr. He's an ideal fit at our LEO position and I think he's the real deal. If we don't have the #1 overall pick, I think they have to take a real long hard look at Barr and go QB at the top of round 2.