Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forget the Bridgewater talk --- who do you take @ #2

Now that the TB Bucs quit on their coach and will be picking #1 after Indy rests their starters in Week 17 and the Jag roll on to victory ..... who do you select at #2 (assuming Bridgewater goes #1) ?

Mariota?

Clowney?

Trade?

Thoughts??

I'd love to see MM step up over the 2nd half of the season just so we have a fall back plan since I'm losing hope that TB will win a game this season....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tampa needs to fire Schiano ASAP

;

;

Mariota ezpz

It will all come down to SOS (strength of schedule), I think it's pretty close right now.

Quote:Tampa needs to fire Schiano ASAP

It is sooo bad.  We also need Indy to be battling for the #2 seed so they can play the Jags in week #17 with major impact.   Also, root for all of our other opponents to keep losing so we can be the worst team with the easiest schedule (for tiebreaking purposes).

Mariota plays some competition finally so if he's the real deal.   Anything to energize our fanbase and creat a buzz around town (tix sales, wins, etc).

Quote:It is sooo bad.  We also need Indy to be battling for the #2 seed so they can play the Jags in week #17 with major impact.   Also, root for all of our other opponents to keep losing so we can be the worst team with the easiest schedule (for tiebreaking purposes).

Mariota plays some competition finally so if he's the real deal.   Anything to energize our fanbase and creat a buzz around town (tix sales, wins, etc).

I hope Glennon keeps progressing week to week so he can fool the new regime into thinking he's "the guy".

Quote:It is sooo bad.  We also need Indy to be battling for the #2 seed so they can play the Jags in week #17 with major impact.   Also, root for all of our other opponents to keep losing so we can be the worst team with the easiest schedule (for tiebreaking purposes).

The problem is the records of the teams in the AFC West, if we didn't play against that division this year we'd be fine.

Clowney no question.

Quote:Clowney no question.

Won't happen, if the Jaguars end up with the # 2 overall pick (which is still not likely) they'll take the next avaialble QB, there is no way they take any defensive player.

I would try my best to trade down or take Clowney, I don't believe there is another QB worth of a top 5 pick.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 09:36 AM by Haterade.)

If it's between Clowney and Mariota, depends what scheme we want our offense to be (option : Mariota) and which player has the more freakish combine (Clowney).

Quote:I would try my best to trade down or take Clowney, I don't believe there is another QB worth of a top 5 pick.

Marcus Mariota is definitely worth a top 5 pick.

If Bridgewater is really the Jags guy and Tampa bay swipes him, they need to be looking into trading down for a fortune in draft picks.

Assuming he enters the draft, Mariota.

Quote:If Bridgewater is really the Jags guy and Tampa bay swipes him, they need to be looking into trading down for a fortune in draft picks.

This is interesting. Clowney is obviously the only person that teams would give up a fortune to draft, but we need a QB, and I don't see any trade down involving us taking Mariota.

So either take Mariota at #2, or trade down and see who's left over with whatever position we're picking from. After all the bad years, I'd rather just take Bridgewater or Mariota and be done with it and go from there.

With Pasztor playing better at RT, it may end up removing one piece we may need. We could have an explosive offense next year.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:This is interesting. Clowney is obviously the only person that teams would give up a fortune to draft, but we need a QB, and I don't see any trade down involving us taking Mariota.

So either take Mariota at #2, or trade down and see who's left over with whatever position we're picking from. After all the bad years, I'd rather just take Bridgewater or Mariota and be done with it and go from there.

With Pasztor playing better at RT, it may end up removing one piece we may need. We could have an explosive offense next year.

This, both guys are elite prospects, it makes no sense to pass on Mariota if Bridgewater is off the board. Just take the next best guy.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:11 AM by trunt87.)

Clowney not even close. 

Clowney scares me because it seems like we continue to go down the same path.  Gene spent a whole draft (1st 4 picks) on the DLine and one of our biggest trades of the past included moving up to get DHarvey.  Not sure is Clowney is the total impact player or just a hit and miss highlight dude.  He'd be tough to market if you're working in the ticket office.

Quote:Clowney scares me because it seems like we continue to go down the same path.  Gene spent a whole draft (1st 4 picks) on the DLine and one of our biggest trades of the past included moving up to get DHarvey.  Not sure is Clowney is the total impact player or just a hit and miss highlight dude.  He'd be tough to market if you're working in the ticket office.

You just answered the entire reason why we don't get Clowney. I want to see high profile TD passes and pocket presence etc etc. Sure a helmet removing hit up the middle will get the crowd going, but I think points will get them going even more.

We've missed on too many DLine prospects in the past. Lets go a different direction.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:30 AM by JAGFAN88.)

There is no way we lose to houston twice if at all. Did anyone watch their last two games. though we lost to the rams they did not utterly domintate us. the rams destroyed houston and looked like superbowl contenders. the texas are actually alot worse then us. so two wins there and is possible we beat the browns and the colts sitting starters in week 17, i just dont see us having the first pick tampas schedule is like our first half schedule mostly winning teams or playoff bound teams, i dont see them winning any of them. so do we take our top 5 pick and trade back for more picks or grab the second or third best choice at QB?