Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forget the Bridgewater talk --- who do you take @ #2

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:32 AM by J-Mizzal.)

Tampa Bay is still a better team then us, this was there first double digit lose, we have lose by doubt digits in every game this year, yall are really over rating our Jags

If we do get number 2 pick, I take Clowney, need to see more on Hundley 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tampa Bay is still a better team then us, this was there first double digit lose, we have lose by doubt digits in every game this year, yall are really over rating our Jags
What you are not looking at is the scedule. The first half of the season 8 games we played 6 division leading or playoff teams. The second half of our schedule is comically easiier vs tamps second half schedule which is more like our first half. i just dont see them winning any of the rest of thier games where we could win 2 or 3.

Clowney

Quote:I would try my best to trade down or take Clowney, I don't believe there is another QB worth of a top 5 pick.

Exactly, If the NFL gets what they want and we don't get the #1 pick (just like in 2012 with Luck) then I'd hope we'd at least be smart enough to either take Clowney or trade down with a team that really wants Clowney. 

It would be such a #becausejaguars moment if they actually took Mariota at 2. As you say, the dropoff from Bridgewater to any other QB in this draft is huge. None of them are even close to be worthy of the #2 pick. 

Clowney or Barr, whoever fits the scheme better.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Exactly, If the NFL gets what they want and we don't get the #1 pick (just like in 2012 with Luck) then I'd hope we'd at least be smart enough to either take Clowney or trade down with a team that really wants Clowney. 

It would be such a #becausejaguars moment if they actually took Mariota at 2. As you say, the dropoff from Bridgewater to any other QB in this draft is huge. None of them are even close to be worthy of the #2 pick. 

Right. I am sure the NFL doesn't want the Jaguars to get the first pick. Everything isn't a conspiracy bro.

;

;

Take Mariota and call it a day.

Quote:Exactly, If the NFL gets what they want and we don't get the #1 pick (just like in 2012 with Luck) then I'd hope we'd at least be smart enough to either take Clowney or trade down with a team that really wants Clowney.

I see you've got your tinfoil hat on today.

Quote:I see you've got your tinfoil hat on today.

Wait, when did he take it off?

;

;

#1 Troll

As long as we get a top 3 pick I will be happy, hopefully a top 2 pick

I hope Mariota is huge in the NFL to see TMD eat some crow. He looks polished enough that you could see him having success.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I hope Mariota is huge in the NFL to see TMD eat some crow. He looks polished enough that you could see him having success.

Mariota could be huge in the NFL.....if he goes to the Eagles with Chip Kelly....

He won't be huge in the NFL anywhere else that doesn't have either a similar offense as Kelly's or a Harbaugh/ Belichick type QB developer. 

Mariota would be a flat out bust on a team like Jacksonville. 

It's funny how TMD made a post insinuating that the Jags should take Mariota if Bridgewater was not available -- then he sees a quick YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHT VIDEO of him, and all of a sudden he's a bust, Blaine Gabbert clone, etc...

Quote:It's funny how TMD made a post insinuating that the Jags should take Mariota if Bridgewater was not available -- then he sees a quick YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHT VIDEO of him, and all of a sudden he's a bust, Blaine Gabbert clone, etc...

That's what trolls do

Quote:It is sooo bad. We also need Indy to be battling for the #2 seed so they can play the Jags in week #17 with major impact. Also, root for all of our other opponents to keep losing so we can be the worst team with the easiest schedule (for tiebreaking purposes).

Mariota plays some competition finally so if he's the real deal. Anything to energize our fanbase and creat a buzz around town (tix sales, wins, etc).

personally I don't think this team could beat the colts back ups. Were pretty awful I still bet we lose that one

I'm either taking Clowney or I'm trading down and selecting one of the other QBs,

But Clowney and Bridgewater are the only players worthy of the top 2 picks, in my opinion.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I am not going to forget Teddy Bridgewater for two reasons:

1. We still have a great chance of clinching the #1 pick because of our SOS.

2. Even if we "earn" #2, there is no guarantee Tampa Bay will pick Bridgewater first.

That said, we can get the top pick and choose someone else, so I am not going to assume anything.

Quote: 

He won't be huge in the NFL anywhere else that doesn't have either a similar offense as Kelly's or a Harbaugh/ Belichick type QB developer. 
Belichick is a defensive minded coach, so I have no idea why you think he's so great at developing QBs.

And if Harbaugh is so good, why is Kaepernick so inconsistent?

You act like there's less than a handfull of coaches in the world that are capable of developing a QB.

There's no guarantee that if us and Tampa Bay both lose out, that they pick ahead of us. That'll all be figured out week 17.