Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forget the Bridgewater talk --- who do you take @ #2

Quote:so theres no chance of drafting clowney when teddy isnt available?

Sure. If we get Russell Wilson in a trade first.

TEST

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sure. If we get Russell Wilson in a trade first.
you must really hate clowney

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 06:54 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:you must really hate clowney

You must really hate admitting this is a quaterback league and that QB is our #1 need.

Gene is gone bro.

TEST

Quote:Not even going to read your post for the simple fact that it is clear from the first three words that you didn't realize I was joking.

That's fine - but it wasn't only referring to the quoted post.  I'm sure you'll be OK after the draft - but that's a long time from now - and you seem a little but overly invested in this "pick Teddy" campaign.   We don't wanna have to bring the priests in to exorcise the "draft demons", bro.   Stay strong vwade - don't let the demons take over!   :teehee:

Quote:That's fine - but it wasn't only referring to the quoted post.  I'm sure you'll be OK after the draft - but that's a long time from now - and you seem a little but overly invested in this "pick Teddy" campaign.   We don't wanna have to bring the priests in to exorcise the "draft demons", bro.   Stay strong vwade - don't let the demons take over!   :teehee:

I've been here for years. I was here when we took Gabbert. I think I will be okay.

TEST

Quote:You must really hate admitting this is a quaterback league and that QB is our #1 need.

Gene is gone bro.
you can win a superbowl with non elite qbs. 

Quote:If you want a great stat about Mariota, he's 78th in the NCAA in 3rd down conversions, needless to say Bridgewater is near the very top.

His pocket awareness is not where you want it to be for a top 5 pick, and his decision making under pressure is below par.

78th???? 

Wow. Talk about red flags. 

Quote:Here's a better one, leads NCAA in yards per carry, now excuse me while I breath through my mouth

OOOohhhh YPC.... didn't realize we were looking for a running back (well, we will be, but thats lower on the list)

Quote:I can't tell you how stupid that post is.

About Belichick: He turned Tom Brady, a sixth-round pick nobody expected to excel in the NFL, into a first ballot Hall of Famer.

About Harbaugh: He made Alex Smith a good quarterback after years of critics saying Smith is a bust, then coached at two NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl.

Do you ever pay attention to the Patriots and 49ers?

Also, if your only complaint about Belichick is he is a defensive-minded coach, you must not like Gus Bradley either.

wow, a JW post I approve of, cool. 

Quote:You must really hate admitting this is a quaterback league and that QB is our #1 need.

Gene is gone bro.

vagrant, you know I am with you an the Teddy thing....

but I disagree with you here. If somehow we blow this and win a few meaningless games and get pick 2 instead of one, and Teddy goes 1st, I don't want to reach for a QB at that point - just take Clowney at 2 (or trade the pick to accumulate extra picks). None of the other QB are even remotely worthy of the 2nd overall pick. At that point I'd just see who's available at 33. If you don't like what QB are available at 33 at that point, then try to deal for Mallett or Cousins at that point. But do NOT overdraft a QB at 2. Mariota (or whomever leftover) at 2 would be awful. 

Quote:Clowney or Barr, whoever fits the scheme better.

This......... and with the second pick you take mettenberger or johnny football if he is there. Then hopefully if Stork (C-FSU) is there in the third you snatch him up. SOLID!! 

Those three would be starters from day one! BAP with the second overall pick and that would be a DE/LEO.

**Stork plays center but has played all three positions (Center,Guard and Tackle)

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:36 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:vagrant, you know I am with you an the Teddy thing....

but I disagree with you here. If somehow we blow this and win a few meaningless games and get pick 2 instead of one, and Teddy goes 1st, I don't want to reach for a QB at that point - just take Clowney at 2 (or trade the pick to accumulate extra picks). None of the other QB are even remotely worthy of the 2nd overall pick. At that point I'd just see who's available at 33. If you don't like what QB are available at 33 at that point, then try to deal for Mallett or Cousins at that point. But do NOT overdraft a QB at 2. Mariota (or whomever leftover) at 2 would be awful. 

Sorry. But Caldwell is not riding his entire GM career on some turd late round QB or second hand garbage like Mallet or Cousins.

Please deliver some of the fine hallucinagens you have been injesting though.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:56 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:you can win a superbowl with non elite qbs. 

Yeah if you have the most talented roster in the NFL. Thats kind of hard to do. And you would still need very good QB play. 

I'd say it could argued that none of the last few SB champs had the most talented rosters in the NFL.

I think there are 2 truly "elite" prospects in this draft.  Clowney and Teddy.

If we don't get the 1st pick, the pick has to either be Clowney, or we must trade down.  There is no other option.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think there are 2 truly "elite" prospects in this draft. Clowney and Teddy.

If we don't get the 1st pick, the pick has to either be Clowney, or we must trade down. There is no other option.

What if there is no trade partner and both Bridgewater and Clowney are both gone?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What if there is no trade partner and both Bridgewater and Clowney are both gone?

I think it's pretty safe to say we're gonna have either the 1st or 2nd pick in the Draft.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think it's pretty safe to say we're gonna have either the 1st or 2nd pick in the Draft.

Its not too far fetched to think that we may finish with the same record as another team and lose the tiebreaker.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The more I watch Mariota the more im scared of him. The system he's in really doesnt make him go through reads so thats a big question mark, he could be good at it but we dont know. He has a perfect pocket all the time and looks to tuck and run earlier than you would like. The upside is enormous though, so I think I would choose him over Clowney at 2. It would be really really close though. 

Quote:It is sooo bad.  We also need Indy to be battling for the #2 seed so they can play the Jags in week #17 with major impact. Also, root for all of our other opponents to keep losing so we can be the worst team with the easiest schedule (for tiebreaking purposes).

Mariota plays some competition finally so if he's the real deal.   Anything to energize our fanbase and creat a buzz around town (tix sales, wins, etc).

How ironic - a Jaguars fan wanting the Colts to win. Truth is Indy will not battle for the #2 seed when the playoff race starts. Denver has more talent everywhere. I expect to see the Broncos win more games than the Colts so the HTH tiebreaker will not be necessary.

I can root for the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs to lose, but definitely not the Broncos.

Quote:I hope Glennon keeps progressing week to week so he can fool the new regime into thinking he's "the guy."

The new regime will not be fooled into thinking Glennon is good enough for them to bypass Bridgewater even if he does improve each week.

Quote:The problem is the records of the teams in the AFC West, if we didn't play against that division this year we'd be fine.

Time for a fact check here . . .

The Raiders are 2-4. The Texans are 2-5. The Bills, Browns, Titans, Cardinals, and Rams are all 3-4. So 7 of our opponents currently have losing records. Notice 2 of them are in our division, so we actually have 9 games against losing teams.

So what about the other 7 games?

Chargers: Beneficiaries of a weak schedule. The AFC West got the NFC Least this season and the AFC South stinks too. Being 4-3 does not make them a good team.

Chiefs: Will be the Super Bowl favorite if they beat Denver later this year. Only team remaining that has not lost yet.

Broncos: Were undefeated at the time we visited them and lost at Indianpolis partly because Peyton got hurt.

Colts: Currently 5-2, they are apparently a shoo-in for the division title.

Seahawks: Were undefeated when we visited them. Still a Super Bowl favorite. Currently 6-1.

49ers: Struggling without Michael Crabtree and Aldon Smith, but won five games.

So where does that leave us? See if the Buccaneers have a similar SOS.

I need more upside comparisons of Mariota. You're saying he'll be better than RG3 or Kaep?

Quote:Sorry. But Caldwell is not riding his entire GM career on some turd late round QB or second hand garbage like Mallet or Cousins.

Please deliver some of the fine hallucinagens you have been injesting though.

Well then it might be Jay Cutler via FA....

Theres no way you can take Mariotta at 2 over Clowney. It would be stupid. 

The only way it makes sense for the Jags to take Project, err Mariota would be to trade down from 2 and stockpile picks, and select Mariota with one of those. 

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 12:48 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:I need more upside comparisons of Mariota. You're saying he'll be better than RG3 or Kaep?

Rob Rang:

Quote:"Possessing a combination of agility, straight line speed and a rocket of a right arm, Mariota has earned comparisons from scouts to San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick.

Frankly, the Oregon signal-caller is further along than Kaepernick was at a similar point in his collegiate career at Nevada.

"Unlike Kaepernick, whose baseball-like delivery played a role in his lasting until the second round, Mariota is technically sound. He has an efficient set-up, setting his feet quickly, keeping his shoulders square and delivering the ball with a tight, over-the-top release."