Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forget the Bridgewater talk --- who do you take @ #2

Quote:Sorry. But Caldwell is not riding his entire GM career on some turd late round QB or second hand garbage like Mallet or Cousins.

Please deliver some of the fine hallucinagens you have been injesting though.
That really depends on Shad Khan and how long Caldwell has to turn this team around and what he thinks of the other qbs in the draft, he passed this year if he has time to build and doesn't like the way the board falls I think he would again

Myself top 5 only QB worth it is Bridgewater

Assuming we pick at 2 and bucs go Bridgewater remember caldwell says he goes bap well he has the luxury of one of the bap in the draft being a very talented prospect at a position of extreme need

If he takes Clowney and there is no surprise Faller at QB,Olb, dt or interior offensive line well I'm trading back in the second for a 4th to Anywhere above 12

If mettenberger or boyd falls that far I'm taking them with my trade back 2nd if not I'm going best lineman or Olb I can find

If manziel falls to the third and Bradley says he likes Manziel as a person and thinks he can fit in to the atmosphere he is building I'm taking him cutting Gabbert and stanzi and letting henne and him fight for the starting job

If I have three years to build my squad I think Manziel is a worthwhile gamble as the lines can be partly addressed with 3 picks in the 4th and 2 in the 5th boom or bust if Manziel plays well and his style translates to the NFL which I doubt I get my QB for a third

he is slightly tebowesque which is never a good sign but his pocket presence is far better and he is usually flushed from the pocket rather than bolting. I also think he has a better arm and can make more throws than tebow

If not well we know hennes will put us in a place to get Winston next year

if that doesn't happen I would leave QB and focus on building a front 7 that can stop the run and a line that doesn't make a 3 man rush look like a safety blitz

Give them a year to gel with henne under center trade up for Winston in 2015

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who cares about a bunch of QB who lost? 

Only 2 of those mediocre QB were able to actually WIN the big game. 

I was correcting her post. It was her point about the mediocre QBs "not making the Super Bowl". I corrected her.

Now I'll correct you, too. Dilfer, Johnson, and Flacco.

Quote:I was correcting her post. It was her point about the mediocre QBs "not making the Super Bowl". I corrected her.

Dilfer and Johnson had the 2 best defenses since the 85 bears. And Flacco played like an elite QB in the playoffs. 11 TDs 0 INTs and averaged around 300 ypg. He cant sustain that but during that stretch of 4 games he played like an elite guy.

I wish we could Bridgewater and Barr, both sides of the team would be set for at least 10 years.

Quote:I added the fact that eite defenses allowed non-elite quarterbacks to win Super Bowls. The 2000 Ravens had the best defense is NFL history. No Super Bowl team won the big game with an average quarterback and a sucky defense. Here is proof an elite quarterback is extremely important to get to the Super Bowl most of the time:

Bart Starr (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 2 of 2

Joe Namath (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 1 of 1

Roger Stabauch (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 1 of 1

Terry Bradshaw (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 4 of 4

Bob Griese (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 2 of 2

Ken Stabler (probably the best Raider to wear #12)

Jim McMahon (Hall of Famer?) - 1 of 1

Joe Montana (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 4 of 4

Phil Simms (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 1 of 1

Troy Aikman (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 3 of 3

Steve Young (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 1 of 1

Brett Favre (future Hall of Famer, number will be retired) - 1 of 2

John Elway (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 2 of 5

Kurt Warner (Pro Bowler) - 1 of 3

Tom Brady (future Hall of Famer) - 3 of 4

Ben Roethlisberger (Pro Bowler) - 2 of 3

Peyton Manning (future Hall of Famer) - 1 of 2

Aaron Rodgers (Pro Bowler) - 1 of 1

Drew Brees (future Hall of Famer) 1 of 1

Eli Manning (Pro Bowl starter) - 2 of 2

In addition, here are some Super Bowl losing quarterbacks:

Fran Tarkenton (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 0 of 4

Dan Marino (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 0 of 1

Jim Kelly (Hall of Famer, number retired) - 0 of 4

Obviously, you can count the non-elite quarterbacks who played in the Super Bowl (win or lose) with one hand. I only know two  who won: Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. If you don't think every quarterback listed here is elite, well, admit some of them are pretty close to elite.
Let me preface by expressing my extreme reluctance to respond on many different levels I won't explain here.

If these numbers are a listing of Super Bowls played/won by these QBs, then your Staubach numbers are wrong.  Staubach won two Super Bowls (VI, and XII) and played in four (VI, X, XII, and XIII).

For that matter, Bob Griese played in three Super Bowls (VI, VII & VIII) and won two (VII & VIII)

There is NO WAY McMahon sniffs the Hall of Fame.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Bullseye, what happened to your post count brotha?

Quote:Bullseye, what happened to your post count brotha?
My post count and HOF status were casualties of the transition to the new board.

It would be nice to have it, but if that's what it took to get a working board again, I'd gladly make the trade.

Everybody else kept their post count. Why were you blacksheeped?

Unsure, to be honest.

Whoever had the better combine out of Clowney or Mariota. Both can play.

Unfortunately, this scenario now seems very plausible.  

Quote:I was correcting her post. It was her point about the mediocre QBs "not making the Super Bowl". I corrected her.

LOL Hail. I alawys knew some non-elite quarterbacks went to and even won the Super Bowl. My point there was most Super Bowls are won by elite quarterbacks.

Quote:Let me preface by expressing my extreme reluctance to respond on many different levels I won't explain here.

If these numbers are a listing of Super Bowls played/won by these QBs, then your Staubach numbers are wrong.  Staubach won two Super Bowls (VI, and XII) and played in four (VI, X, XII, and XIII).

For that matter, Bob Griese played in three Super Bowls (VI, VII & VIII) and won two (VII & VIII)

There is NO WAY McMahon sniffs the Hall of Fame.

I was just guessing on Staubach and Griese. I knew the Dolphins played in both 7 and 8, but did not know about Super Bowl 6. Also, keep in mind I was only 8 in 1985 so I did not even know what a quarterback is when McMahon got his ring.

Quote:You said that the only non-elite QBs to play in the Super Bowl are Johnson and Dilfer. I listed a whole slew of QBs that are not elite that started in the Super Bowl.

Those are the only two I knew about who are not elite. I had no idea how good Jim McMahon, Ken Stabler, and some other guys on my list were. Anyway, I corrected that post so you should be happy now.

Quote:Who cares about a bunch of QB who lost? 

Only 2 of those mediocre QB were able to actually WIN the big game. 

Why don't you look at the text in parenthases? The numbers show most HOF quarterbacks who played in the Super Bowl won it at least once. Jim Kelly was a FG attempt away from winning a Super Bowl and played in three more after that. No other quarterback in NFL history played in four consecutive Super Bowls.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 09:42 AM by jagherd.)

Quote:How ironic - a Jaguars fan wanting the Colts to win. Truth is Indy will not battle for the #2 seed when the playoff race starts. Denver has more talent everywhere. I expect to see the Broncos win more games than the Colts so the HTH tiebreaker will not be necessary.
Not sure I really understand you here JW. But, the Colts may indeed be fighting for a #2 seed/1st rd bye, with probably the Bengals or Patriots.

Denver and KC are in the same division. So, no matter how good their records are, one of those two teams HAS to be a wild card team. The top 4 seeds in playoffs go to the division winners. So, even if Denver has a stellar record, if the Chiefs win the division, the best possible seed the Broncos can get is #5. Its a fact.

The Colts could very well be playing for a #2 seed when they play Jax. I hope so. #2 seed will probably be up for grabs between Patriots, Colts, Bengals (division leaders), with the #1 seed and #5 seed going to KC Denver.

I really hope the Colts don't have seeding locked up by week #17!

Lol @ the thought of not getting the #1 pick.

TEST

Quote:Lol @ the thought of not getting the #1 pick.
#1 pick is a lock at this point, Despite losing Blackmon we should still get Bridgewater, Bridgewater has a heart to heart with Blackmon, Black is reinstated, resume course to get into the playoffs by 2016

Quote:#1 pick is a lock at this point, Despite losing Blackmon we should still get Bridgewater, Bridgewater has a heart to heart with Blackmon, Black is reinstated, resume course to get into the playoffs by 2016

Was that even being debated? Why would we not take the second best QB prospect of the past decade? Lol.

TEST

Quote:Was that even being debated? Why would we not take the second best QB prospect of the past decade? Lol.

well....some would like us to draft an Oregon running back to play QB with our first rounder...

Quote:well....some would like us to draft an Oregon running back to play QB with our first rounder...

Yea but those are just children who lied about being 13 or over when they registered and are the reason why this forum is a huge joke to Jaguars fans all over the web/twitter.

No intelligent fan would take De'Anthony Thomas' backup over Bridgewater.

TEST