Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Cowboys in London next year?

Listen to you people. Still counting on "marquee" games and their fans to help sell out Everbank. That has always been the mentality, but Teddy will change that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

By the way, it is official now. Other London games include Detroit/Atlanta and Oakland/Miami.

Quote:Listen to you people. Still counting on "marquee" games and their fans to help sell out Everbank. That has always been the mentality, but Teddy will change that.

I don't care about it selling out a game. I care about taking away a team I only get to see every 8 years. Part of the exctiement of having an NFL team is being able to see them play teams outside of our conference. Now it will be 16 year between trips by the Niners and Cowboys. That sucks.

;

;

Just be glad they didn't take away the Browns game.

Quote:So I guess we can just look forward to losing our highest profile NFC home opponent each year. 2015 will be Atlanta I guess. 2016 we are hosting Green Bay and Minnesota. Gee, I wonder which game will be in London.

This was something that was predicted the moment Shad Khan raced to fill the void left by St. Louis backing out of the London agreement. 

The Jaguars season ticket holders will lose the highest profile game in each of the next 4 years.  That is true this year with San Francisco coming off a Super Bowl appearance.  Dallas is one of those teams that draws great crowds anywhere they play.  So, I figured it would be that game or Pittsburgh we'd lose.

The London games were sold to fans as a way to build the Jaguar fan base.  I literally just hung up the phone with a guy in London.  He's excited to see the 49'ers, and went to the game last year because he's a big Brady fan.  This isn't about building a Jaguar fan base.  It's about expanding the NFL brand.  They won't send Jacksonville over there vs. a less popular opponent because the fans won't show up, so you can rest assured that we'll see the top matchups in 2015 and 2016 going to London as well.  

Quote:If we're this bad of a draw then please for the love of god NFL stop sending our team over there to represent the league.

The NFL didn't pick the team.  We volunteered. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 09:58 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote: 

The NFL didn't pick the team.  We volunteered. 

I feel like some people don't get this. I saw complaining on Twitter that the NFL is sending our marquee games over there and that the Jaguars were somehow an innocent victim. Khan and company raised their hand and volunteered for this.

;

;

Aww, Blackmon vs Bryant would have been nice to see.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:By the way, it is official now. Other London games include Detroit/Atlanta and Oakland/Miami.

Even as the road team,   I absolutely detest that the Lions have to play a game in London,  England.        Among other things,   these overseas games are a needless distraction.

I sympathize with all of the great Jaguars fans that are against the Jaguars having to be the ' home'  team in London for 4 straight seasons.    

Wow, awesome selection. Big Grin

And to top it off, the announcement on Jaguars.com about next years schedule is accompanied by a graphic celebrating the game... IN LONDON.     Kind of a slap in the face to season ticket holders.  I guess the games we pay for in Jacksonville are unimportant.

Hopefully we have a QB by then, because I really do hate the Cowboys with all my heart. 

Quote:And to top it off, the announcement on Jaguars.com about next years schedule is accompanied by a graphic celebrating the game... IN LONDON.     Kind of a slap in the face to season ticket holders.  I guess the games we pay for in Jacksonville are unimportant.
I don't know if you come to Jax to actually see the games, but many fans have never been to Everbank and are only fans through television. Who do you think is spending the money to buy the tickets to avoid blackouts?

The money made from the London game is helping cover the costs of avoiding blackouts.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Great news.  We play the Steerlers at home next year.  Can't wait to see 50,000 Steeler fans at the stadium. 

Quote:I don't know if you come to Jax to actually see the games, but many fans have never been to Everbank and are only fans through television. Who do you think is spending the money to buy the tickets to avoid blackouts?

The money made from the London game is helping cover the costs of avoiding blackouts.
I've had season tickets for years, so YES I come to see the games.  I am also GOING to London this weekend, so I don't need the lecture about "fans through television" thank you.  The thing is, the team is the JACKSONVILLE Jaguars.  You'd think the games IN JACKSONVILLE would get top billing on the website.

Quote:I've had season tickets for years, so YES I come to see the games.  I am also GOING to London this weekend, so I don't need the lecture about "fans through television" thank you.  The thing is, the team is the JACKSONVILLE Jaguars.  You'd think the games IN JACKSONVILLE would get top billing on the website.
Calm down. CAPS? Really? I saw you were from central FLA so I guessed you might go to games. But many don't and rely on TV.

So your issue is that you're bothered by London being highlighted regarding a game in London?

OK.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We get to watch Romo choke in the US and London. No country is safe.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM by JagsQuest.)

Everybody is looking at this the wrong way. How are we going to expand our brand without playing these games ? And for those complaining about our marquee matchups being in London do you really think the NFL is not going to try to put on a great show for the UK. We are lucky to be allowed to play these games. I hope Khan sets up games in Scotland , Ireland , Australia and Orlando just to name a few. I hope we are the NFL team known more than any other for playing games in different markets. This is how we grow!. We are fortunate to have these games. Do you want Jax vs Buffalo in London? There is no moving conspiracy. Khan is building the Jags brand and much smarter about it than the fans are. He is putting his money where his mouth is constantly. 30 million already committed to Everbank in the first 2 years. That is a ton of dough for a facility he does not even own. For those of you who say that is not a lot of money to him you are crazy. 30 million is a lot of cheddar no matter who you are. Successful men like Khan do not spend 2 dollars unless they feel it to be a good investment. Thank goodness for Khan , he understands marketing while the majority of his fan base clearly does not get it.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 02:27 PM by Perkolater.)

Quote:So your issue is that you're bothered by London being highlighted regarding a game in London?

OK.
Maybe try reading what I said again more slowly.    I'll add it again without the caps which were added as emphasis because it was quicker and easier than italics or bold.  Lets try this..

The thing is, the team is the Jacksonville Jaguars.  You'd think the games in Jacksonville would get top billing on the website.

Note the words top billing.  Nowhere did I say that I was "bothered by London being highlighted regarding a game in London", what I said was that the nine Jacksonville games being played by the Jacksonville Jaguars should be highlighted more than the one game in London.

Get it now?

There's another possible wrinkle regarding the 2014 London games.       Being that the Raiders are based on the West Coast,     it's very likely that the Miami-Oakland game won't be an early morning game (  U.S. Time ).       Hence,   either the Detroit-Atlanta game or the Dallas-Jacksonville game could start before most people in the Eastern Time Zone have breakfast.     IMO,   this would be showing additional contempt for the Falcons or Jaguars fan base in the U.S. :

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/201...had_n.html

Lewand said he learned a couple days ago the Lions had been selected, but still doesn't know a date because the league is considering slotting one of the three London games in the afternoon.

That means an early morning kick in Detroit. And really early morning in the Western U.S.

"That's still being worked out," Lewand said. "It's one of the reasons we don't know the schedule yet, and I don't know if they do in fact do that, whether we'd be that game. That would present a little different wrinkle."

The games won't be played on the same weekend, let alone the same day...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available