Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Cowboys in London next year?

Quote:Maybe try reading what I said again more slowly.    I'll add it again without the caps which were added as emphasis because it was quicker and easier than italics or bold.  Lets try this..

The thing is, the team is the Jacksonville Jaguars.  You'd think the games in Jacksonville would get top billing on the website.

Note the words top billing.  Nowhere did I say that I was "bothered by London being highlighted regarding a game in London", what I said was that the eight Jacksonville games being played by the Jacksonville Jaguars should be highlighted more than the one game in London.

Get it now?

It's news.

This is what happens with news -- people talk about it. Just look at what we're discussing here. 

On Wisconsin.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So I guess we can just look forward to losing our highest profile NFC home opponent each year. 2015 will be Atlanta I guess. 2016 we are hosting Green Bay and Minnesota. Gee, I wonder which game will be in London.
Someone said something along this line last year. Whoever that was, was dead on. Goodbye Marquee games. The idea that this is a conspiracy theory is losing the conspiracy part real fast, in fact, it really appears to just be a fact. Shaguars here we come.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:The games won't be played on the same weekend, let alone the same day...

I agree with you.     Yet,   that doesn't change the realistic possibility that one of the games will be played early in the morning,   U.S. Time.

OK, I gotta ask. What makes the Cowboys game so appealing that it is causing massive panic to lose it? Are they really that exciting? I don't think so. I only care about Romo for my FF stats. Outside of that, I don't even care if they are playing.

Quote: I agree with you.     Yet,   that doesn't change the realistic possibility that one of the games will be played early in the morning,   U.S. Time.

Why?  That wouldnt make sense to me.

Quote:Why?  That wouldnt make sense to me.

I'm not sure what specifically doesn't make sense to you.     If you can clarify that,      I'll gladly expand on what I expressed.     Thanks.

Quote:OK, I gotta ask. What makes the Cowboys game so appealing that it is causing massive panic to lose it? Are they really that exciting? I don't think so. I only care about Romo for my FF stats. Outside of that, I don't even care if they are playing.

For me, it's not the Cowboys specifically. But losing any NFC opponent sucks because that is likely our only chance to see these players live. Patrick Willis, Colin Kaepernick, Navarro Bowman, Vernon Davis. We probably won't have a chance to see any of them in person again. I get the extra revenue created by this will help the team. But the real losers are the season ticket holders. And it sucks.

Everyone should also remember that Everbank will be a new place next season.... The schedule will be better than this year frankly with Steelers, Browns, Steelers, and more than likely Bills on the home schedule along with our division teams...  I for one come to see the Jags play....  not their opponent...  But several of the teams will bring fans....  I'll be curious the cost next season of the early season pool tickets???

Ya, always fun to see teams you rarely get to see.  Cowboys would have been fun.  Thanks for supporting the home front, Shad

Gene's Myth

Quote:I'm not sure what specifically doesn't make sense to you.     If you can clarify that,      I'll gladly expand on what I expressed.     Thanks.

I'm with Diesel here - the London games always kick off at either 6pm local time, or 5pm on weekends such as this week where the clocks go back a week earlier than in the US.

There really is no prospect whatsoever of a game kicking off early morning your time.

By the way, I know some of you are pissed and I do understand your frustrations - that said, the sacrifice made in giving up a home game is very much appreciated by us over here. The publicity the city and team is receiving on our news outlets is fantastic, I can only imagine how great it will be when we are actually a winning team.

May well be scant consolation to you guys, but thank you anyways.

Quote:I'm with Diesel here - the London games always kick off at either 6pm local time, or 5pm on weekends such as this week where the clocks go back a week earlier than in the US.

There really is no prospect whatsoever of a game kicking off early morning your time.

I'm basing the prospect of an early morning U.S. Time kickoff  on the quotes from Lions team President Tom Lewand.    On page 1 of this thread,   I posted the quotes with the link to the article.    This time around,   I'll just post the link again.     Based on Lewand's information,    at the very least there's a realistic possibility one of these games will be played much earlier than normally is the case with games in London:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/10/tom_lewand_detroit_lions_had_n.html' title="External link">http://www.mlive.com...ions_had_n.html</a>

Quote:By the way, I know some of you are [BAD WORD REMOVED] and I do understand your frustrations - that said, the sacrifice made in giving up a home game is very much appreciated by us over here. The publicity the city and team is receiving on our news outlets is fantastic, I can only imagine how great it will be when we are actually a winning team.

WelshJag,   while I'm totally against NFL games being played overseas,    it's certainly not because of NFL fans like you and others that live overseas.      I appreciate that you have become a fan of American Football,   despite the fact that most people in Europe could care less about the sport and/  or mock the sport repeatedly.     

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 06:53 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:By the way, I know some of you are [BAD WORD REMOVED] and I do understand your frustrations - that said, the sacrifice made in giving up a home game is very much appreciated by us over here. The publicity the city and team is receiving on our news outlets is fantastic, I can only imagine how great it will be when we are actually a winning team.

Welsh Jag our fan base is battered and bruised and probably has a similar mentality to that of a skittish abused dog. Please keep in mind that the last few seasons is our first true gut check as a franchise. When Wayne and Dolores Weaver miraculously brought this team to our city we had almost instantaneous success. Only recently has our team dipped below .500 winning % for our history which is amazing in itself. Combine that with the fact this is a football crazy town with allegiances to Florida State University, The University of Florida, University of Alabama, Auburn University, University of Georgia and several other southeastern powerhouses who are beyond spoiled in rich winning traditions and they do expect championships. So our pedigree is born from unrealistic expectations I believe sometimes.

In the midst of our first true gut check a lot of our fans simply do not understand the hunker down philosophy even though when it comes to football intellect we are some of the keenest in the nation. Shahid Khan chose Stand United as our season mantra for good reason, we are in the middle of a very bloody rebuild. We will survive and be  world champions eventually. Thank you for your support in the UK  and we love you as fellow Jag fans. Roll jags! War damm Jags! Jag nation! Hunker down you dirty Jags! It's great to be a Jacksonville Jaguar!

Shad screwed the season ticket holders, and all Jag fans. This year SF. Next year Dallas. Games we would want to see. A crap team, and he takes the premier games away.

He's building his soccer and football business connections. All about the bucks.

Yes, it's his team, he can do what he wants.

I don't have to buy his product. Fans should be mad. But, I suppose most will say thank you, may I have another. I'm keeping one eye open on Sir Stache.
Blakes Life Matters

The 49ers and now the Cowboys, two of the most popular teams in NFL history.  I am not renewing my tickets next year.  Season Tickets are not cheap and as a ticket holder for over 14 years, I feel the CUSTOMERS deserve better.  I am more of an NFL fan than a Jag fan, but I still purchase the PRODUCT.    As a paying CUSTOMER, I feel cheated!.  But hey it is what it is, but the London thing to me is way to reduce the PRODUCT that is being offered for SALE  by the Jags.  I will choose to watch the games now on the RED ZONE, the JAGS marque games are not in Jacksonville anyway!

Go Navy! Support our returning veterans!

Lions-Falcons in London will kick off at 9:30 a.m. Eastern

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...m-eastern/

This news certainly doesn't surprise me.

The Jaguars will likely be asked to play a morning ET game in London in 2015 or 2016.  Especially since the Jaguars are based in the ET.  

Quote:OK, I gotta ask. What makes the Cowboys game so appealing that it is causing massive panic to lose it? Are they really that exciting? I don't think so. I only care about Romo for my FF stats. Outside of that, I don't even care if they are playing.

As long as Jason Garrett is the coach, that team is going to be nothing special. 

Quote:Lions-Falcons in London will kick off at 9:30 a.m. Eastern

The Jaguars will likely be asked to play a morning ET game in London in 2015 or 2016.  Especially since the Jaguars are based in the ET.  
That's crazy!  Great excuse for the wife as to why i'm drinking my breakfast...

Quote:Lions-Falcons in London will kick off at 9:30 a.m. Eastern

LOL....the sportsbars will like this move...open earlier for more business.