Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tough decision with waiver wire guys

So I'm looking at 3 WRs that I plan to start on Sunday, but I'm hoping to waive one of them while adding Mike Tolbert as a desperate RB option to flex instead. My question, is which WR to waive...

Jarrett Boykin - looks like James Jones will play this week

Marvin Jones - has looked ok after recent return from injury

Brandon Gibson - Dolphins #3 WR had a couple TDs last week

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I ended up waiving Marvin Jones. I'm still not sure if that was the best call over Gibson who I found out afterward was limited in practice today with a shoulder injury, but Jones has tougher match-ups the next couple weeks and did not practice at all this week. He's still getting over his ankle injury and also suffered his own shoulder injury in the last game. Trying to field a roster with waiver wire guys can be frustrating. I'm starting to get a sense for how Caldwell must feel.

'02

Of the three I would have dropped him too.

Quote:Of the three I would have dropped him too.
Same here.

KEEP Boykin. With Finley going down. He's still a top threat to any defense right now. Rodgers went his was a lot last week and will again this week.

I'm sure glad I flexed Mike Tolbert...dude got me 12 points.

I'm definitely starting Boykin as my WR2. Now I'm just hoping that starting Brandon Gibson as my WR3 is the right call.

'02

Quote:I ended up waiving Marvin Jones. I'm still not sure if that was the best call over Gibson who I found out afterward was limited in practice today with a shoulder injury, but Jones has tougher match-ups the next couple weeks and did not practice at all this week. He's still getting over his ankle injury and also suffered his own shoulder injury in the last game. Trying to field a roster with waiver wire guys can be frustrating. I'm starting to get a sense for how Caldwell must feel.

Oops.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

LOL...Now you tell me.

I actually had Marvin on my roster and waived him only to watch him pick up 36 FF points this weekend in one of the best performances for a WR ever. Meanwhile, Gibson got hurt and is now out for the year, and with me now 6-2 I'm thinking there's no chance I'll be able to get Marvin back.

'02

I picked up Kenny Stills on a lark a while back and just stuffed him on the roster. Yeah, he was riding my bench when he goes and generates 46 points in my League.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I had Kenny for one week early on, but waived him the following week. I'm now trying to get him as my 2nd option after Marvin Jones.

'02