Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Last movie youve seen and rate it.

World War Z.  i know its a three part movie but the ending was so anticlimactic.  4/10. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM by RacheInTeal.)

Gravity. 8.5/10

Now, I used to be a critic so I'm not going to delve into any specifics. I'll just say that I really enjoyed the movie and that is was an excellent kickoff film for the start of Oscar season. Sandra Bullock is going to be tough to beat, and that's impressive all things considered. 

I am eagerly awaiting the next Wes Anderson movie. Hopefully he can get in the Oscar discussion, because he deserves it. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

This was a pretty epic thread for a long time on the other message board.. Thanks for reviving it..

R.I.P.D.    8/10    Very "Men in Black"ish..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2013, 05:21 PM by Geen.)

This is the end    8.5/10

Funniest movie I've seen since Hot Tub Time Machine. It's hard to make a movie suck when you have that many funny people in it. If you liked Pineapple Express, I'm pretty damn sure you will like This is the end.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

The Safe House 4.6/11

Gravity - 8/10

I probably would have given it a higher number had I watched it in 3D, but my only beef with the movie was the technical accuracy. Other than that, the effects are out of this world (knee slap!) Get it!

Ahem, anyway, good movie.

Quote:Gravity - 8/10

I probably would have given it a higher number had I watched it in 3D, but my only beef with the movie was the technical accuracy. Other than that, the effects are out of this world (knee slap!) Get it!

Ahem, anyway, good movie.

That's true, there were absolutely some errors made for effect. I think though, in the end this was more of a story driven movie than anything. It being a Cuaron movie, he blended it with outstanding visual effects. But not so much as to take away from the deeper aspect of the film. Michael Bay can not do this, and obviously James Cameron has lost his ability to do the same. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

I watched the Matrix for the 20th (or so) time recently, and it's still my favorite movie of all time, so I'll give it an arbitrary 9/10 (I'm against scores that don't have any standardized backing because my 9/10 is different than your 9/10).

Quote:That's true, there were absolutely some errors made for effect. I think though, in the end this was more of a story driven movie than anything. It being a Cuaron movie, he blended it with outstanding visual effects. But not so much as to take away from the deeper aspect of the film. Michael Bay can not do this, and obviously James Cameron has lost his ability to do the same. 

Your insightfulness and reasoning doesn't scare me.

Quote:Your insightfulness and reasoning doesn't scare me.

Your need to tell me indicates otherwise.  Ninja

Having a hard time remembering what the last movie I watched and gave my full attention to.  I think it was a rewatch of Shutter Island after reading the book, which was very good.  9/10.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

The rock and walberg lifting weights and trying to rip some rich guy off.  So bad, I can't remeber the name and didn't even finish the movie.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

I'm about 2 seasons behind on box office movies. (I spent a lot of time overseas in 2011-12 and haven't caught up) 

So - I'm saving quite a bit in theater tickets as I get caught up renting flicks on amazon and iTunes. (so many of them are released to video quite quickly nowadays)

Last thing I saw was the latest Star Trek installment.  I liked it.  8.5/10. 

Gravity  3.5 of 10.

Such a boring movie, I had to take a 5 hour, extra strength energy to stay awake. Even did the 3D. If you're a Clooney fan, don't waste your time. He's dead in the 1st 20 minutes.

From the previews I've seen, gravity kind of peaked my interest. It looks either really good or really bad. Based on the reviews by you guys I think I'll have to go catch it one day. Inaccuracies in movies kind of is a bummer at times. Hope they aren't that bad.

I'll go old school here but it is the last movie I have watched.

The Ghost and the Darkness

8/10

Based upon a true story. A great mix of drama, horror, and history.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Forbidden Ground. Slow pacing for a war movie. The "home front" storyline was a waste of time. Forgettable characters with whom I couldn't create a connection. Classic "war is terrible but preferable to this movie" flic. 2/10

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Classic "war is terrible but preferable to this movie" flic. 2/10
:thanks: for the laugh.

I think the last movie I saw was Insidious Chapter 2. I'll rate it a 8.5/10 for a horror movie. I didn't think it was as scary as the first one, but man, the story and set up was awesome.

I caught the second half of the Hobbit on TV last week and I have one question:  Is the 1st half this terrible?