Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Last movie youve seen and rate it.

Quote:I caught the second half of the Hobbit on TV last week and I have one question:  Is the 1st half this terrible?
I liked the Hobbit, I did read all of the Lotr books though, so maybe that's why.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Life of Pi

9/10

Awesome movie.. Richard Parker rocks!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Just saw The Conjuring last night.

7/10

Pretty good, not too scary but definitely better than most of the paranormal/haunted house movies that have come out recently.

Modern Times 10/10  Chaplin is amazing

Quote:World War Z.  i know its a three part movie but the ending was so anticlimactic.  4/10. 

wait, it's a 3 part movie? That makes more sense, so when does World War Z 2 come out?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Saw Hugo over the weekend.

Interesting story and visually fantastic. I had no idea it was based on a real person.

Hated the ending though.

I'd say 7/10

;

;

I think it was the croods, last April. Saw it at the AMC dine in theater with the family. Good movie. B+

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Last one i saw was Insidious Ch. 2, and yea wasn't as scary as first one. 

Going to see Bad Grandpa this weekend. 

Debby does Dallas. I thought it was about a cheerleader touring Big D. So when I walked in a half hour into it and wondered why my 12 year old was sweating so bad, I sat and watched the rest with him.

Older flick. I'll give it a 7.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote: I had no idea it was based on a real person.

Hated the ending though.

I'd say 7/10

Yeah, they should have changed the ending. Had they done that, I would have maybe gave it a 9/10. :thumbsup:

Quote: 

Going to see Bad Grandpa this weekend. 

About that, I'm not going to be able to make it.

Anyone see captain Phillips? Not sure it would be a good movie but did enjoy watching the documentary or whatever you want yo call it on discovery or military channel.

Quote:Anyone see captain Phillips? Not sure it would be a good movie but did enjoy watching the documentary or whatever you want yo call it on discovery or military channel.
I have heard from people who went that it was a good movie. Some of the reviews I have read though have said how grossly over the top Hollywood took their "artisitic" license and that the story is nothing of what actually happened. More so than normal.

;

Quote:I have heard from people who went that it was a good movie. Some of the reviews I have read though have said how grossly over the top Hollywood took their "artisitic" license and that the story is nothing of what actually happened. More so than normal.

Thanks what I don't like about true stories. Especially if you already know what really happened. Sometimes the better story is what truly happened. I'll pass on it and maybe check it out once it hits redbox.

Quote:Thanks what I don't like about true stories. Especially if you already know what really happened. Sometimes the better story is what truly happened. I'll pass on it and maybe check it out once it hits redbox.
I love the "based on true story" movies and made for TV movies, but not when they go so over the top.

I understand that will happen to a point in most of these, but that is typically easy to decipher out, and as you said, a lot of these stories you may know what happened through the news, books, etc.

;

The girlfriend and I are doing a horror fest until Halloween.. Tonight was...

The Fog (1980)

7/10

A classic and really good..

Quote:Gravity. 8.5/10

Now, I used to be a critic so I'm not going to delve into any specifics. I'll just say that I really enjoyed the movie and that is was an excellent kickoff film for the start of Oscar season. Sandra Bullock is going to be tough to beat, and that's impressive all things considered. 

I am eagerly awaiting the next Wes Anderson movie. Hopefully he can get in the Oscar discussion, because he deserves it. 

Beyond excited for The Grand Budapest Hotel. 

Gravity was an amazing visual feat. That being said, it was completely forgettable and suffered terribly under the constraints of it's setting.

Can't do much in space.

Act one- 'It' hits the fan. Act two- Escape(?) Act three- The end...

Just not much there. Love Clooney and enjoy Sandra Bullock, but it could have been just about any other actors and it wouldn't have missed a beat. No opportunity for them to really show their acting chops. I doubt Bullock even gets nominated for an oscar (unless of course it's one of those lifetime achievement nods) she didn't do anything. Very boring.

I'll give it a 5/10.

This Is The End, on the other hand, is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. 9.5/10. Must see.

Also, Prisoners was awesome. It was the opposite of Gravity.  Saw the previews, thought i knew what the movie was about, but I had no idea. Many, many wrinkles that were not exposed in the preview. As opposed to Gravity, which basically fully encapsulated the entirety of the movie in the 90 second preview.

Prisoners gets a solid 9/10. Thought it was Awesome. Hugh Jackman surprised me with his acting ability. Great movie.

Quote:The girlfriend and I are doing a horror fest until Halloween.. Tonight was...

The Fog (1980)

7/10

A classic and really good..

That's a great one!! I always catch that one around this time of year. The remake wasn't quite as good...but not completely horrible either.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Last Vegas looks good.

Quote:That's a great one!! I always catch that one around this time of year. The remake wasn't quite as good...but not completely horrible either.
Agreed.. Some remakes are really good, but most are horrible compared to the original. For example in my opinion, The Hills Have Eyes and Halloween. Both classics, but were well done as remakes. Rob Zombie makes some pretty good films. I heard The Lords of Salem wasnt so good, but I havent seen it yet..

Quote:Agreed.. Some remakes are really good, but most are horrible compared to the original. For example in my opinion, The Hills Have Eyes and Halloween. Both classics, but were well done as remakes. Rob Zombie makes some pretty good films. I heard The Lords of Salem wasnt so good, but I havent seen it yet..
Yeah I saw The Lords of Salem, it wasn't anything special. Still a huge fan of Rob Zombie though.