Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Last movie youve seen and rate it.

Quote:Beyond excited for The Grand Budapest Hotel. 

Gravity was an amazing visual feat. That being said, it was completely forgettable and suffered terribly under the constraints of it's setting.

Can't do much in space.

Act one- 'It' hits the fan. Act two- Escape(?) Act three- The end...

Just not much there. Love Clooney and enjoy Sandra Bullock, but it could have been just about any other actors and it wouldn't have missed a beat. No opportunity for them to really show their acting chops. I doubt Bullock even gets nominated for an oscar (unless of course it's one of those lifetime achievement nods) she didn't do anything. Very boring.

I'll give it a 5/10.

This Is The End, on the other hand, is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. 9.5/10. Must see.

Also, Prisoners was awesome. It was the opposite of Gravity.  Saw the previews, thought i knew what the movie was about, but I had no idea. Many, many wrinkles that were not exposed in the preview. As opposed to Gravity, which basically fully encapsulated the entirety of the movie in the 90 second preview.

Prisoners gets a solid 9/10. Thought it was Awesome. Hugh Jackman surprised me with his acting ability. Great movie.

I'll make a friendly bet with you about Sandra getting an oscar nod. Care to come up with the wages? I've always wanted to do one of these. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We watched some abortion of a horror movie called Embrace of the Vampire.. 

1/10

Running time felt like 9 hours..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:We watched some abortion of a horror movie called Embrace of the Vampire.. 

1/10

Running time felt like 9 hours..

That bad, huh?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Last Vegas looks good.

Thanks ... just 4 the record, they made me look younger for the part. ... I even booked the same make-up artist for Halloween. Smile

Last time I dressed up as Kermit, and everyone either called me Broccoli, or the Incredible Hulk. :blink:

Quote:That bad, huh?

Weeellllllll, the 1995 version starred Alyssa Milano's... ummmmm... assets. No other reason to watch that movie.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Weeellllllll, the 1995 version starred Alyssa Milano's... ummmmm... assets. No other reason to watch that movie.
It was the 2013 remake.. Stay away.. Stay FAR away..

I watched Mud last night. I give it 2/5 stars. Good story, good actors, bad editing, bad directing.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'll make a friendly bet with you about Sandra getting an oscar nod. Care to come up with the wages? I've always wanted to do one of these.

I'll make a bet with you she doesn't win it, but based on a pretty weak field and Hollywood's need pat the backs of the 'in' crowd, she probably does get nominated.

I'm not saying she is not a good actress, Gravity was just such a one dimensional movie with a script that didn't demand much from the actors, I just don't feel she did much to deserve the accolades.

Just saw Oblivion tonight.

I'll give it a 6/10.

I kind of predicted the entire movie within the first 20 minutes, which usually isn't a good thing. Still had some really nice visuals and whatnot. Decent story I suppose, somewhat reminiscent of the movie Moon. Twas an alright movie.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

I'm watching To Wong Fu right now

10/10 stars just for the sheer joy of seeing Patrick Swayze in drag!! :thumbsup:

Bad Grandpa

5/5 for me. I lol'd and peed my pants. But I'm a stickler for the JA franchise. 

Quote:Just saw Oblivion tonight.

I'll give it a 6/10.

I kind of predicted the entire movie within the first 20 minutes, which usually isn't a good thing. Still had some really nice visuals and whatnot. Decent story I suppose, somewhat reminiscent of the movie Moon. Twas an alright movie.

Moon was a cool movie. Pretty under appreciated in my opinion.

Quote:Moon was a cool movie. Pretty under appreciated in my opinion.
Yeah man, I really liked that movie.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Signs is a good movie that was under-appreciated because most people watched it for the wrong reason. It wasn't a space alien invasion movie. It was about rebirth and redemption. At least that's what I took away from it.

Turbo

7/10

Pretty good movie. Samuel L. Jackson brings an "in your face, don't tread on me", attitude as a animated snail..

"White shadow".....

Quote:Signs is a good movie that was under-appreciated because most people watched it for the wrong reason. It wasn't a space alien invasion movie. It was about rebirth and redemption. At least that's what I took away from it.

I actually love that movie!!

"Swing away Merrill"...

Quote:I watched Mud last night. I give it 2/5 stars. Good story, good actors, bad editing, bad directing.

Loved the story, hated the movie. If that makes any sense.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Man of Steel 7/10, but the effects were amazing, and action sequences were just how I imagined it would be from reading the comics and graphic novels back then

Pacific Rim 8/10, another movie with awesome special effects. I'm a little biased since I'm a Mecha fan

I watched Captain Phillips last night. Tom Hanks pretty much carries any movie he's in nowadays. The Somali actors were great. I just read that they are a group of immigrants living in Minneapolis (with no acting experience) who rehearsed together for tryouts. They all got the part!

Of course Hollywood embellished on the facts, but that's probably what makes it a good movie. I would recommend it.

One Night In Paris.