Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Churchill of Winston

Quote:Jameis is better as a freshman than Teddy was. However, Teddy possesses a trait not many QBs have. And that is a mind for the game. His playcalling abilities at the line and his ability to read the defense is on the Peyton Manning level. He is that smart. His great pocket presence, arm strength, and mind will lead him to a great career in the NFL wherever he goes.

Imagine if this kid went to an SEC school?
people keep saying his playcalling at the line is great and that hes a smart player but that rutgers game though, the offensive game plan was terrible. a great run d one of the worst pass d in college and it was run run pass  :whistling: for a guy with those attributes youd think he'd exploit those, under the lights, in front of scouts and gms. the playcalling vs ucf was much better though, took what was given.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jameis is better as a freshman than Teddy was. However, Teddy possesses a trait not many QBs have. And that is a mind for the game. His playcalling abilities at the line and his ability to read the defense is on the Peyton Manning level. He is that smart. His great pocket presence, arm strength, and mind will lead him to a great career in the NFL wherever he goes.

Imagine if this kid went to an SEC school?

I don't know if you are referring to the hype that he would get at an SEC school or the coaching, but I think that being at Louisville may actually have aided his development. Granted, a lot of his development is on him but when he is at Louisville, I can't help but think that a massive load of the team's success is placed on him. High expectations can be a very powerful motivator when it comes to people, and his situation at Lousiville may in fact be an asset to him and his approach to the QB position.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

<p style="background-color:transparent;">Miami baseball coach Jim Morris thinks that Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston could be a first-round pick in both football and baseball.

"I think he's a first-rounder in both sports," Morris said Tuesday. "It's really, really hard in baseball to be able to pitch and to hit, and he might be their best pitcher and their best hitter. And by the way, he's playing football, too, which is amazing." The Texas Rangers selected Winston in the 15th round after he graduated from high school. The third-ranked Seminoles host No. 7 Miami on the gridiron Saturday.

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);">One NFL scout told Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel that if FSU redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston was eligible, he would be the No. 1 pick in May's draft.
"Rarely, do you see a quarterback at Winston's age who has the combination of size, speed, arm strength and field awareness that he has," the scout said. "He's a bigger, stronger, faster version of (Louisville's) Teddy Bridgewater." We aren't surprised, but we also expect Winston to be nitpicked by some during next year's draft process.Oct 30 - 2:24 PM

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"><b>Source:</b> Orlando Sentinel
</div>
</div>

The hype about Winston is real. I believe when they say he would be the #1 overall pick if he comes out this year, even as a red shirt freshman. The last time that the media hype up another prospect like him was Luck, and we all know how he turned out in the pro.

Quote: 

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">Miami baseball coach Jim Morris thinks that Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston could be a first-round pick in both football and baseball.

"I think he's a first-rounder in both sports," Morris said Tuesday. "It's really, really hard in baseball to be able to pitch and to hit, and he might be their best pitcher and their best hitter. And by the way, he's playing football, too, which is amazing." The Texas Rangers selected Winston in the 15th round after he graduated from high school. The third-ranked Seminoles host No. 7 Miami on the gridiron Saturday.

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);">One NFL scout told Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel that if FSU redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston was eligible, he would be the No. 1 pick in May's draft.
"Rarely, do you see a quarterback at Winston's age who has the combination of size, speed, arm strength and field awareness that he has," the scout said. "He's a bigger, stronger, faster version of (Louisville's) Teddy Bridgewater." We aren't surprised, but we also expect Winston to be nitpicked by some during next year's draft process.Oct 30 - 2:24 PM

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"><b>Source:</b> Orlando Sentinel
</div>
</div>

</div>
He said he wants to be like Deion and Bo and play both sports

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 03:53 AM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:"History is written by the victors" - Winston Churchill
'History will be kind to me because I will write most of it' is the quote

let's not paraphrase mr Churchill Wink

But on topic they're both good..I'd just rather teddy..because if we get Winston it means we have sucked for another year.

Quote:people keep saying his playcalling at the line is great and that hes a smart player but that rutgers game though, the offensive game plan was terrible. a great run d one of the worst pass d in college and it was run run pass  :whistling: for a guy with those attributes youd think he'd exploit those, under the lights, in front of scouts and gms. the playcalling vs ucf was much better though, took what was given.
I guess this is a fair argument against Bridgewater.  He's solid all-around and doesn't have any glaring weakness, but he also doesn't have the "wow" factor that you see in most QBs now.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He said he wants to be like Deion and Bo and play both sports

Well, thats not going to work, if he wants to continue playing QB at the next level. 

Nah...his focus is strictly on football. 

I dont see how you can compare him to Winston Churchill.  His pregame speech was awkward and stupid.

Someone needs to tell him to wear his damn contacts. All of his interceptions this year look like he straight up couldn't see the defender.

TEST

Quote:Someone needs to tell him to wear his damn contacts. All of his interceptions this year look like he straight up couldn't see the defender.
lol i play basketball without contacts and i do fine. i wonder if he wears contacts when he plays baseball. i mean he should.

I really don't like his technique he seems to throw wobbly balls a lot.

Quote:lol i play basketball without contacts and i do fine. i wonder if he wears contacts when he plays baseball. i mean he should.

I don't think he does. I actually didn't wear mine when I played my north middle infield position but I would occasionally be asked to play Center field and I had to wear contacts. I mean if he has to squint to make out play calls on the sideline it has to be blurry for him downfield.

TEST

Quote:I dont see how you can compare him to Winston Churchill.  His pregame speech was awkward and stupid.

[Image: 2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_..._you_1.jpg]

dude is playing lights out, even after all the distractions. granted its against the cuse lol