Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stand United!

We looked good last weekend, so Let's come home and bring a win back home. I believe in OUR HOME TEAM AND I KNOW DEEP DOWN WE CAN WIN, SO LET'S GO INTO THE STADIUM AND STAND UNITED WITH OUR GUYS AND WIN TOGETHER!!!!!!! :thumbsup:  :yes:  :woot:  :thanks:  :no:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

GO JAGZ ....................................STAND UNITED

We the Jaguars will eventually prevail...

Our Time Is Coming...

NH3...
"AZANE"

How do you bring a win back home if it happens in your own stadium?   :unsure:

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:We looked good last weekend, so Let's come home and bring a win back home. I believe in OUR HOME TEAM AND I KNOW DEEP DOWN WE CAN WIN, SO LET'S GO INTO THE STADIUM AND STAND UNITED WITH OUR GUYS AND WIN TOGETHER!!!!!!! :thumbsup:  :yes:  :woot:  :thanks:  :no:
You haven't heard? A significant segment of this fanbase wants nothing to do with winning. They do not stand united with the Jaguars.

Very sad, but very true. Sad

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:You haven't heard? A significant segment of this fanbase wants nothing to do with winning. They do not stand united with the Jaguars.

lol.....its like a petulant child....

You really want those 2-3 wins bad, don't you?? Is 3-13 really that much better for you than 1-15? 

Its almost as if you'll be in party mode if the Jags end up the season with anything but the 1st overall pick. Why are you so against this 1st overall pick? hmmmm?.....Don't you want success for upwards of a decade for this team??....You're quick to label us all as "losers" who want that, but in the end, were the ones that understand the long term success that pick likely garners us. 

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 09:59 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:lol.....its like a petulant child....

You really want those 2-3 wins bad, don't you?? Is 3-13 really that much better for you than 1-15? 

Its almost as if you'll be in party mode if the Jags end up the season with anything but the 1st overall pick. Why are you so against this 1st overall pick? hmmmm?.....Don't you want success for upwards of a decade for this team??....You're quick to label us all as "losers" who want that, but in the end, were the ones that understand the long term success that pick likely garners us. 

Yes.  Those two wins over the Colts back in 2011 served this team so well, didn't it?

Those two losses really hurt the Colts long term prognosis, didn't they?

I'd like to see them answer my challenge in the other thread regarding changing the draft order rules.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...s/?p=32575

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:lol.....its like a petulant child....

The best part will be this offseason when Goodell announces that the NFL draft will now have an NBA-like lottery and, oh look, isn't it a statistical miracle that the Washinton Redpersons, Dallas Cowboys, and Pittsburgh Steelers won the first, second and third picks in the selection just held moments ago backstage. By virtue of both teams finishing 0-16 and a coin toss (also held backstage just now) the New York Giants win pick 4 and the Jags will pick 5th.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yes.  Those two wins over the Colts back in 2011 served this team so well, didn't it?

Those two losses really hurt the Colts long term prognosis, didn't they?

I'd like to see them answer my challenge in the other thread.

Exactly. And theres plenty of similar examples throughout the decades as well. 

They probably won't answer your challenge because they know they can't. 

Quote:The best part will be this offseason when Goodell announces that the NFL draft will now have an NBA-like lottery and, oh look, isn't it a statistical miracle that the Washinton Redpersons, Dallas Cowboys, and Pittsburgh Steelers won the first, second and third picks in the selection just held moments ago backstage. By virtue of both teams finishing 0-16 and a coin toss (also held backstage just now) the New York Giants win pick 4 and the Jags will pick 5th.

LOL, oh that would make you happy?----The Jags getting mis-fortune??....

but, WE'RE the so called "losers" right?.... :wacko: 

Even if the NFL went to a lottery system it wouldn't be put into effect immediately. It would be the 2015 draft at the earliest. 

Quote:LOL, oh that would make you happy?----The Jags getting mis-fortune??....

but, WE'RE the so called "losers" right?.... :wacko:

Even if the NFL went to a lottery system it wouldn't be put into effect immediately. It would be the 2015 draft at the earliest. 

Becausejaguars, man. Becausejaguars. We spend 4 months arguing about 3-13 vs Tank for Teddy vs whatever, live through a horrific season, expect some good fortune as a result and then, like Emeril on a frying pan, BAM!, Goodell crushes our hopes and dreams.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ah, did I forget to mention that they steadfastly defend their losing mentality? They somehow think it's the right thing to do. They think that's the objective of the game.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that not one single player on the Jaguars roster shares their view. I will further go out on a limb and say that not one single coach or executive shares their view either.

I think I'll side with the professionals who are actually involved in the game over the random yahoos who think losing is such a wonderful thing.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Ah, did I forget to mention that they steadfastly defend their losing mentality? They somehow think it's the right thing to do. They think that's the objective of the game.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that not one single player on the Jaguars roster shares their view. I will further go out on a limb and say that not one single coach or executive shares their view either.

I think I'll side with the professionals who are actually involved in the game over the random yahoos who think losing is such a wonderful thing.
Gene Smith likely didn't think losing is a wonderful thing.

Where is he now?

Where is the roster he built?

Answer the challenge I posed to Predator in the other thread.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 10:11 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

I agree- I'm sure not one of the players or front office people share that view also. 

The only person team-wise, that perhaps might share the view is Khan himself, because he'd be bright enough to have that kind of long term vision and understand the benefits for the team in future years by sacrificing wins for this season - and doesn't have the same conflict of interest that the players/ front office people would have with that mindset. He's not getting cut/ fired. 

In 2011, I'd bet my house that Jim Irsay wanted the Colts to continue losing so his franchise could scoop up Luck. 

Long term vision. Some have it. 

Quote:You haven't heard? A significant segment of this fanbase wants nothing to do with winning. They do not stand united with the Jaguars.

It's not sad and it's not true in any way. You're stretching what people are saying all to twist it into your own pre-formed opinion. All so you can puff up your chest and sling a few insults around.

We're all Jaguars fans. Some of us are different levels of fans, some of us have differing views on the direction they would like to see the team do things, some of us are invested in the team more or less. None of this makes anyone a loser . None of what posters such as myself, Bullseye, or TMD are saying makes us any worse or better than you. As I said before I have no issue being called a loser, an idiot, a "non-Jaguar fan", or whatever anyone would like to label me with. I'm passionate about this team and I want David Caldwell to have the top selection of the draft where it's becoming more and more apparent each week that a top level QB prospect will be available. This team is going to be bad this year regardless, I'm perfectly OK with 0-16 and a chance for this team to finally have THE guy. Some years (like last) there isn't much benefit of having the top selection. I don't see this being one of those years. Regardless I'll still be here, I'll still watch and support the team. I don't think it's right to belittle me or anyone else for an opinion or viewpoint but do as you wish.

Go Jags, win!  Or, lose!

I agree with everyone!!!

"I'll die young, but it's like kissing God."

Its been so,so,soo,so,sooo,sooooooo long since we won.Its hard to imagine what one of those are.. But i still have hope . Go Jags lol.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 04:07 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:It's not sad and it's not true in any way. You're stretching what people are saying all to twist it into your own pre-formed opinion. All so you can puff up your chest and sling a few insults around.

We're all Jaguars fans. Some of us are different levels of fans, some of us have differing views on the direction they would like to see the team do things, some of us are invested in the team more or less. None of this makes anyone a loser . None of what posters such as myself, Bullseye, or TMD are saying makes us any worse or better than you. As I said before I have no issue being called a loser, an idiot, a "non-Jaguar fan", or whatever anyone would like to label me with. I'm passionate about this team and I want David Caldwell to have the top selection of the draft where it's becoming more and more apparent each week that a top level QB prospect will be available. This team is going to be bad this year regardless, I'm perfectly OK with 0-16 and a chance for this team to finally have THE guy. Some years (like last) there isn't much benefit of having the top selection. I don't see this being one of those years. Regardless I'll still be here, I'll still watch and support the team. I don't think it's right to belittle me or anyone else for an opinion or viewpoint but do as you wish.
It is sad and it is true. We're buddies, so don't take it personally.

The fact of the matter is that there is a serious philosophical problem with wishing for your team to lose. When do you flip the switch and want them to win again? Next year? The year after that? What if the picks in the draft flop? Do you go back to wanting to lose again? How about during gametime. If the team makes a great play, are you upset? If players show promise, does that incite fear that draft position may be tarnished?

What if the team ran the table these next ten games? Do you get angrier with each win? Do you boycott their playoff games?

See where I'm going with this? Once you wish for losing, you tarnish fanhood in my eyes. It's a boundary that should never be crossed.

Are you a Jag fan or a fan of the player selected in next year's draft? If you are the latter, what makes you any different than one of the Tebow crowd?