Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My week 7 roster

How can I improve this roster?

QB Peyton Manning (@ Colts)

RB Frank Gore (@ Titans)

RB Doug Martin (@ Falcons)

WR Eric Decker (@ Colts)

WR Keenan Allen (@ Jaguars)
WR Jarrett Boykin (vs Browns)

TE Vernon Davis (@ Titans)

W/R Joseph Randle (@ Eagles)

Bench

QB Geno Smith (vs Patriots)

RB Trent Richardson (vs Broncos)

WR Roddy White (vs Bucs)

WR Kendall Wright (vs 49ers)

TE Garrette Graham (at Chiefs

(open spot)

K Caleb Sturgis (vs Bills)

DEF Miami Dolphins (vs Bills
)

For my open spot, I'm wondering about QB Jake Locker who should be back next week. For week 9 I have to rely on Geno Smith vs the Saints, but Locker might be a better option vs the Rams wherein I may want to stash both QBs to keep my options open. Joe Flacco is also available, although he'll be at the Browns week 9. Other FA players I'm looking at are Jets WR Stephen Hill, Colts RB Donald Brown, Browns RB Chris Ogbonnaya, Cowboys WR Miles Austin, Ravens WR Jacoby Jones, Pats WR Aaron Dobson, Lions WR Kris Durham, Chargers WR Vincent Brown, Panthers RB Mike Tolbert, Pats RB Shane Vareen (back week 11), and 49ers WR Michael Crabtree (back late November).

I'm also wondering if I should replace Graham with Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph. I'll need my backup TE for week 9 as well, and Graham is facing the Colts while Rudolph is facing hte Cowboys.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How can I improve this roster?

QB Peyton Manning (@ Colts)

RB Frank Gore (@ Titans)

RB Doug Martin (@ Falcons)

WR Eric Decker (@ Colts)

WR Keenan Allen (@ Jaguars)
WR Jarrett Boykin (vs Browns)

TE Vernon Davis (@ Titans)

W/R Joseph Randle (@ Eagles)

Bench

QB Geno Smith (vs Patriots)

RB Trent Richardson (vs Broncos)

WR Roddy White (vs Bucs)

WR Kendall Wright (vs 49ers)

TE Garrette Graham (at Chiefs

(open spot)

K Caleb Sturgis (vs Bills)

DEF Miami Dolphins (vs Bills
)

For my open spot, I'm wondering about QB Jake Locker who should be back next week. For week 9 I have to rely on Geno Smith vs the Saints, but Locker might be a better option vs the Rams wherein I may want to stash both QBs to keep my options open. Joe Flacco is also available, although he'll be at the Browns week 9. Other FA players I'm looking at are Jets WR Stephen Hill, Colts RB Donald Brown, Browns RB Chris Ogbonnaya, Cowboys WR Miles Austin, Ravens WR Jacoby Jones, Pats WR Aaron Dobson, Lions WR Kris Durham, Chargers WR Vincent Brown, Panthers RB Mike Tolbert, Pats RB Shane Vareen (back week 11), and 49ers WR Michael Crabtree (back late November).

I'm also wondering if I should replace Graham with Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph. I'll need my backup TE for week 9 as well, and Graham is facing the Colts while Rudolph is facing hte Cowboys.

Is Harry Douglas available? Maybe grab Percy Harvin he's coming back soon. Also Greg Jennings getting Freeman throwing to him is another look. Randle is good while Murray is hurt.

Douglas, Harvin and Jennings are all on other rosters.

'02

Quote:Douglas, Harvin and Jennings are all on other rosters.

hmm Donald Brown will probably not get much touches this week considering their playing Denver. They have to keep up with the passing attack. Tolbert gets goaline runs but I Dont know man.

Yeah, none of them really excite me. Of the WRs, Hill is the Jets top guy with Holmes out, but he still isn't producing. Miles Austin has come up big in past years for the Cowboys, but he's just getting back in the game after being out a while and doesn't look so hot. Jacoby Jones looks somewhat interesting having just come back from injury last week to have a decent game that including a TD, but he's at the best the Ravens third WR right now. Dobson still hasn't done much to stand out as a rookie for the Pats. Durham is seeing some reps with so many injuries occuring in Detroit, but I still don't trust him to be consistent, and Brown looks like more of a spot player with the Chargers especialy with Royals getting back into the mix. In past weeks I've waived Chris Givens and Donnie Avery as #2 WRs with their respective teams, and I still don't trust either. The more I think about it, all of the guys are a dime a dozen guys I could pick up at any time with none really standing out, so I figure why even bother wasting a roster spot on a mediocre WR.

As for the RBs, it's tough to find any including decent backups. Brown I wonder about just in case I have to keep placing Trent on the bench, and Tolbert is only going to get so many touches although those touches could be running the ball, catching the ball or goalline so he has some potential to get points, although I don't see ever reaching double-digit points in a game. Kendall Wright at least gets a good six points a game consistently, and I can't even expect that much from Tolbert.

So this leaves me thinking I should stash a player who might work out in some future capacity. I could stash a third QB or TE. I've even thought of Marcedes who is playing today, but I don't exactly see other teams rushing out to get him. I mentioned Kyle Rudolph as a possibility, but with the QB situation in Minnesota I just don't know. That leaves me thinking my best options are to stash a third QB with either Locker or Flacco as my best bets, or else picking up a guy to stash longterm like Vareen or Crabtree.

Right now I'm thinking my best move is to just stash Jake Locker at least until week nine in case Geno Smith continues to struggle like he did last week. I'm planning to start Smith vs the Saints, but to go there I need to see him have some success at home this week vs the Patriots. If Smith looks like a no go, Locker should be able to produce some points against the Rams. I don't really see anyone rushing out to get Flacco either unless he has a huge game in Pittsburgh, but even if he does it's tough for to trust him against the Browns week nine.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One RB I overlooked in my reply above is RB Chris Ogbonnaya. While he's more of a target in PPR leagues vs standard league's like mine, might he still be worth a pick up? He really hasn't done much on the ground, but he's more of a WCO back who has logged a couple TDs over the past few weeks. While Weeden has struggled, his tendencies to check down have put Ogbonnaya on the fantasy radar.

'02

Which defense should score more this week...

The Dolphins vs the Bills or the Panthers vs the Rams?

EDIT... just dumped the Dolphins for the Panthers. Panthers, afterall, have a legit top three D in this league, so I don't see the Rams sustaining their recent momentum. Meanwhile, Thad Lewis ain't hurt... just saw video of him where he's fine.

'02