Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Interested in RE-Signing MJD

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2013, 01:27 AM by jagsfreak27.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/17/4850186/jaguars-mjd-free-agent-contract-news'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/17/4850186/jaguars-mjd-free-agent-contract-news</a>

I'm not at all surprised by this. MJD will probably come cheap and as he gets more healthy, I think he can transition nicely into a role as a change of pace 3rd down back. If this is truly the teams plan, I would think they would be trying to limit his carries the rest of the way.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2013, 01:35 AM by D6.)

My guess is both parties will want MJD to test the open market next March.    All it takes is one team to make MJD an offer too good to refuse.      If MJD doesn't get such an offer,    then the Jaguars probably will make MJD an offer that they believe will reflect his 2014 worth.       At that point,   as long as it's not a high priority for MJD to sign with a team in or close to California,    the Jaguars would have a pretty good chance retaining him.

this was last weeks news. 

I hope he can come back, as long as we can get another younger back some carries to split with him. We need to develop someone younger for the future but MJD still should have enough juice as a goal line back and 15-20 carries per game. Plus he has been one of my favorites since he was drafted. 

All speculation now though....

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

It seems like a forgone conclusion that MJD will be with another team next year, but I personally hope he sticks around.

'02

Quote:this was last weeks news.
The blog post linked was posted on Oct. 17th, this is more conformation from the previous report.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:It seems like a forgone conclusion that MJD will be with another team next year, but I personally hope he sticks around.

As do I. His performance this year isn't exactly helping his value on the open market either, so it may be possible.

He will be cheap, so why not?

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:My guess is both parties will want MJD to test the open market next March.    All it takes is one team to make MJD an offer too good to refuse.      If MJD doesn't get such an offer,    then the Jaguars probably will make MJD an offer that they believe will reflect his 2014 worth.       At that point,   as long as it's not a high priority for MJD to sign with a team in or close to California,    the Jaguars would have a pretty good chance retaining him.
I think MOJO will test the market to see what it brings him... at this point in time in his career I think he wants to play for a team that has a good chance to make it deep into the play-offs... that might mean he would take less money to do so instead of staying with the Jags... they are headed into their second year of a rebuild and he will be a year older and time is running out on him...

All players want a chance to win/play in the Super Bowl and that might spell the end for the Jags and MOJO...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:I think MOJO will test the market to see what it brings him... at this point in time in his career I think he wants to play for a team that has a good chance to make it deep into the play-offs... that might mean he would take less money to do so instead of staying with the Jags... they are headed into their second year of a rebuild and he will be a year older and time is running out on him...

All players want a chance to win/play in the Super Bowl and that might spell the end for the Jags and MOJO...

All good points.  My hope would be that the teams who potentially could make a long run in the playoffs would not be in the market for a RB in free agency.  If his only option is a lateral move, in terms of pay and team performance, there might be a chance we can keep MJD for a cap friendly price. 

Love MJD, but his best days are well past. If we sign him it needs to be on the cheap and have a low cap impact..any other conditions make him a very poor risk!!

What's the point in extending him unless the plan is for him to be the mentor to the next guy much as Fred Taylor was for him?

In the end, MJD will go to the highest bidder. I don't expect that to be this team.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He will either go to some team like the Cardinals that will overpay him or a team like the Saints where he wants to win. I seriously doubt he comes back here as he has little chance at either.

The team will offer something modest and short-term because his position and age no longer make him a top priority to re-sign. MJD will then test the market to see if a contender will give him something similar. A team like the Patriots will give him a look and he will consider having a shot at a championship now vs. staying the course with this team. He, like any smart player, will choose the immediate contender.

Quote:It seems like a forgone conclusion that MJD will be with another team next year, but I personally hope he sticks around.
This

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He will either go to some team like the Cardinals that will overpay him......

If Caldwell was smart, he'd be on the phone right now trying to expedite that process. Have you seen the Cardinals running game lately?? I mean....maybe he could get a 4th & a 5th... 

It is a business decision for both the Jags and Mojo, and some team will offer him more than the Jags will put on the table.   I don't see him on the team next year. 

I could see Caldwell overpaying slightly to keep MJD around on a short term deal.

Quote:I could see Caldwell overpaying slightly to keep MJD around on a short term deal.

Oh, I could too...and its the wrong decision. 

The only way I see Caldwell hanging onto MJD is if he really believes MJD has something left in the tank.

Right now, even if he had a decent interior, I don't see MJD even being a 1,000 yard back.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.