Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Viewpoints From A Fan Of Both Teams

It was very frustrating to not have this forum the last four days. Thank God it is back.

In case you were wondering, I rooted for both teams. I did not want either team to commit penalties or make other preventable mistakes. My hope was it would not be a big, spread-covering blowout because like almost everyone else, I was afraid of that happening. I wanted Denver to win for playoff reasons - the Chiefs beat Oakland so Denver could not afford to lose an AFC game against a common opponent. But I wanted Jacksonville to be good in every way and only lose because of the talent difference.

Broncos I liked: Vickerson, who was a beast on the line, and the return of Champ Bailey. Nice job by the NFL's worst pass defense. That said I still think they missed Miller. On offense, Knowshon Moreno was my favorite running back and Wes Welker was my favorite pass catcher. Do I need to talk about Peyton Manning?

Jaguars I liked: The real star on offense, Justin Blackmon, was our best offensive player. He showed everyone he deserved the trade up to #5 because Chad Henne wasn't great at getting the ball out quickly and often threw under pressure. I can't complain about 190 yards. But except for Geno Hayes, I was more impressed with the defense. It was unbelievable - especially the line, considering who they were trying to sack. Andre Branch almost did sack Manning in the end zone. My favorite score was the pick-six by Paul Posluszny.

What I hated: How long Henne held onto the ball, Cecil Shorts getting hurt on our first drive, going for two after Posluszny's score, the penalty on Branch, and the referee.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just curious, JW  - What is your interest in the Broncos?  Have you been a fan of them for a long time? 

Quote:Just curious, JW  - What is your interest in the Broncos?  Have you been a fan of them for a long time?
I can't remember the year I started rooting for them, but I always liked Mike Shanahan,  John Elway, Terrell Davis, etc. I am a big fan of the West Coast offense and 4-3 defense.

Cool.  Must be fun to root for them this year.   

I tried to help you with your signature question in the other forum, BTW. 

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...e/?p=28776

I am not sure what has happened to Jack Del Rio's Defense in Denver but it is putting the pressure on Peyton Manning in games where he normally could've sat on the sidelines after scoring so much by halftime. 

If the defense can play better I dont see how the Broncos could not go undefeated and win the superbowl this year.

Must be sweet to be able to root for multiple teams... Me, I'm a Red Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Cardinals, Dodgers and Giants fan. A Spurs, Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Bulls and Celtics fan. A Jags, Giants, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks and 49ers fan.

It's been tough but what can you do.

I just hate the thought of sharing JW with other team's fan forums...

Quote:Must be sweet to be able to root for multiple teams... Me, I'm a Red Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Cardinals, Dodgers and Giants fan. A Spurs, Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Bulls and Celtics fan. A Jags, Giants, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks and 49ers fan.

One of these things is not like the others....

One of these years.............

Quote:I am not sure what has happened to Jack Del Rio's Defense in Denver but it is putting the pressure on Peyton Manning in games where he normally could've sat on the sidelines after scoring so much by halftime. 

If the defense can play better I dont see how the Broncos could not go undefeated and win the Super Bowl this year.

Two things: Vom Miller's suspension and Champ Bailey's injury. They are the best players on Denver's defense, so it is easy to see why they could not defend the pass the first five weeks.

Quote:Must be sweet to be able to root for multiple teams. It's been tough but what can you do.
Anyone is able to root for muliple teams. The people who don't just choose to only root for one team.

Fortunately, the Packers are in the NFC, so they only play against the Broncos and Jaguars once every four years.

People that root for two teams shoud be directed to the Matthews Bridge.... all the way to the top.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I don't like 31 of 32 teams. I can't wait to watch Peyton Manning choke in the playoffs again. His can't do spirit and inability to play in December is remarkable. It will be even sweeter if they go into the playoffs undefeated and lose their first game after a bye.

I think the only other storyline making this season easier to swallow is the fall of the Houston Texans.

Haters going to Hate... So I guess I am really guilty.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

After this you have the nerve to say I'm not a real Jaguars fan? I'm hurt, JW. (Sarcasm Big Grin )

Quote:After this you have the nerve to say I'm not a real Jaguars fan? I'm hurt, JW. (Sarcasm)
It depends on if you want the Jaguars to try to win every week or tank it for Teddy. I want to see the kind of effort every week that they showed us in Denver.

BTW if you really want your feelings hurt, go to the college forum. Iowa meets Ohio State this week.

Quote:One of these things is not like the others....

Oh wow, had to laugh when I saw this comment right under HIGH SCORE's picture of the Uptons.

It's perfectly reasonable to follow multiple teams and hope the best for them.  I figure a good amount of the fanbase cheered for other teams before Jacksonville was awarded a franchise.

However there will always be a favorite.

Quote:Two things: Vom Miller's suspension and Champ Bailey's injury. They are the best players on Denver's defense, so it is easy to see why they could not defend the pass the first five weeks.

Losing DE Elvis Dumervil in a salary cap release miscue certainly has adversely affected the Broncos Defense as well.

Quote:Must be sweet to be able to root for multiple teams... Me, I'm a Red Sox, Yankees, Tigers, Cardinals, Dodgers and Giants fan. A Spurs, Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Bulls and Celtics fan. A Jags, Giants, Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks and 49ers fan.

[Image: inconceivable.jpg]

Quote:Losing DE Elvis Dumervil in a salary cap release miscue certainly has adversely affected the Broncos defense as well.

That was his agent's fault. Of course, Dumervil fired him and hired someone else to help him get a job in Baltimore.

JDR must love coaching Terrance Knighton again.

I see what you did there Bacon. That is like rooting for both the Browns and Steelers.

Quote:That was his agent's fault. Of course, Dumervil fired him and hired someone else to help him get a job in Baltimore.

JDR must love coaching Terrance Knighton again.

Regardless whose fault it was,   Elvis Dumervil is no longer in Denver.     While this hasn't proven costly yet for the Broncos,     there's a realistic it will before the dust settles on the current season.