Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cecil Still In Pain, Just Ir Him, Why Not?....

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 03:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

per rotoworld: 

Cecil Shorts (clavicle) admitted Wednesday that he's still in a lot of pain.

Shorts' sprained sternoclavicular joint is stable, but playing in an NFL football game is another story. Even raising his arms above his head results in pain. At this point, we would be surprised if Shorts is able to play in Sunday's game against the Chargers. Note that Ben Roethlisberger missed three weeks with a similar injury last season. Mike Brown is Shorts' backup as Ace Sanders nurses a concussion.

TMD: 

Why not just be on the safe side and IR him at this point? Its not like they are playing for the playoffs. 

Also, Ace Sanders has a concussion?.....never saw that coming.... :whistling:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

did we hire gene smith again?

No need to IR him.  This isn't Gene, I def. wouldn't rush him back though.  Wait till he is 100% the more games and experience, the better he will get.

Don't see the need to IR him.  I would like it if they held him out for a "cautious" period of time. 

Quote:did we hire gene smith again?

Last year, Cecil was one they should have IR'ed after the first concussion and didn't. Instead, rushing him back and he quickly sustained another one,....

I guess those meaningless wins are serious business

Quote: 

<div>Also, Ace Sanders has a concussion?.....never saw that coming.... :whistling:

</div>

You predicted a football player sustaining a concussion?  A WR no less.  Holy moly you are a smart man.  Genius pure genius. 

Quote:Last year, Cecil was one they should have IR'ed after the first concussion and didn't. Instead, rushing him back and he quickly sustained another one,....

I guess those meaningless wins are serious business
did you just compare a concussion to his current injury?  dude your logic is so erratic, you need to stop starting threads.

Quote:You predicted a football player sustaining a concussion?  A WR no less.  Holy moly you are a smart man.  Genius pure genius. 

When we drafted him, I didn't like the pick, and mentioned that his slight build would likely cause him to be injury prone at this level. 

Its ok, just another instance that I was initially bashed and ultimately wound up correct. It seems to happen all the time. 

Quote:did you just compare a concussion to his current injury?  dude your logic is so erratic, you need to stop starting threads.

His current injury is a shoulder injury.....the CT joint. 

No reason to rush him back. None. 

Quote:When we drafted him, I didn't like the pick, and mentioned that his slight build would likely cause him to be injury prone at this level. 

Its ok, just another instance that I was initially bashed and ultimately wound up correct. It seems to happen all the time. 

So he sustained one concussion and now he is injury prone?  It didn't even say that he will definitely miss this game. 

Dr. Diva has started his daily "LOOK AT ME!" thread.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Dr. Diva has started his daily "LOOK AT ME!" thread.

No, this is the send Shorts to IR thread since theres no intelligent reason to rush him back this year. 

Sit Cecil, Sit... good boy......... We're going to introduce the Chargers to our run game...

Jag-wires 24

Chargers 23

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:No, this is the send Shorts to IR thread since theres no intelligent reason to rush him back this year. 

Dude it is the 7th game of the season. 

You realize you have said trade this player, cut this player, IR this player so much in the past two or three weeks, the Jags wouldn't even be able to field a team. 

Easy for someone like you to say when you don't actually go to the games. 

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM by roycee.)

Quote:When we drafted him, I didn't like the pick, and mentioned that his slight build would likely cause him to be injury prone at this level. 

One injury =/= injury prone, be careful patting yourself on the back so quickly... you might hurt your clavicle.

Yawn.  TMD contorting reality to attempt to be right about something.   Why do you feel the need to pat yourself on the back so much?  You are right about things sometimes and every now and then you are wrong.  This time you are neither.

(actually you are wrong about the injury - its the "SC" or sternoclavicular joint )

Quote:No, this is the send Shorts to IR thread since theres no intelligent reason to rush him back this year. 

No, it's just your typical cry for attention that has become your signature move.  Keeping up that "schtick" of yours.

Just as there's no need to rush him back from this injury, there's absolutely no reason to rush and put him on the IR.  The only reason you're praying for this in your little fantasy world where you're the smartest diva in the room is so you can lambaste the pick that you bashed initially, then had to eat a healthy dose of crow over when he actually proved to be better than you thought.  Now that he's injured, you're doing your typical bar stool diva maneuver of jumping back over to the other side of a fence so you can start a thread where everyone is paying attention to you.  

You're like the queen of the trolls on this board.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'd love to tell you what you are full of......
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This year?  It doesn't sound like a season ending injury to me.   You don't know when he will be healthy, it might be next week.  Why don't we just forfeit every game so no players get hurt.  [Image: punish.gif]

Quote:Yawn.  TMD contorting reality to attempt to be right about something.   Why do you feel the need to pat yourself on the back so much?  You are right about things sometimes and every now and then you are wrong.  This time you are neither.

(actually you are wrong about the injury - its the "SC" or sternoclavicular joint )

because people are always so quick to point out when I am wrong, so someone's got to set the story straight. :yes: 

And, oops, yeah, "CT joint"? What was I thinking? thats a car problem (injury).... Laughing I meant SC joint.