Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurting At Wr

(This is a small 8-team league, by the way)

Starting the season, I had Julio Jones and Randall Cobb as my two starting WRs, and I had Cecil Shorts and Roddy White on the bench.

After Julio Jones got hurt, I was lucky enough to pick up Justin Blackmon.

Now, Cobb is out for 4-8 weeks, Shorts could be out for a few weeks and Roddy White has been hurt and ineffective all year and he also might not play this week.

Luckily, since like I said this is a small league, there are a few pretty good options still available. Keenan Allen, Thompkins (from NE), Denarius Moore, Brian Hartline, Harvin are all available.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking my first priority should be Keenan Allen. But who should I drop?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Correct, first should be Keenan Allen. With the news that Cobb is on the IR designated to return list; he seems like the best option to drop. He won't be available until week 15 and who knows how much he will play. Too risky to play in the playoffs after missing that much time.

I am dropping Cobb shortly also.

I have both moore and allen and both are solid

If Harry Douglas is available that could give you another option at wr.

Ok, so I actually dropped Roddy White first for Allen. I know that's kinda risky of losing him to another team, but he hasn't done squat all year and he's still hobbling around the lockerroom even after their bye. I might pick him back up, if he's still there, if he shows he can still be productive at less than 100% and without Julio.

I also dropped Cobb for Thompkins. I went Thompkins over Moore because Moore is on a bye this week.

We'll see how this plays out.

Yea me too Moore on a buy. And Royal not doing much. And shorts may not even play. Miles is out there in FA but he has been lousy as well.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Another guy to keep an eye on closely is Greg Jennings with Minnesota. Freeman gets his first start with them as QB. Could definitely be a change with the passing game.

Quote:Another guy to keep an eye on closely is Greg Jennings with Minnesota. Freeman gets his first start with them as QB. Could definitely be a change with the passing game.
This is true. Good one. Thanks.

Denarius Moore all the way.

'02

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 12:22 AM by Dot.)

Quote:Ok, so I actually dropped Roddy White first for Allen. I know that's kinda risky of losing him to another team, but he hasn't done squat all year and he's still hobbling around the lockerroom even after their bye. I might pick him back up, if he's still there, if he shows he can still be productive at less than 100% and without Julio.

I also dropped Cobb for Thompkins. I went Thompkins over Moore because Moore is on a bye this week.

We'll see how this plays out.

Pick up Roddy White when he starts getting healthy, with Julio hurt, he'll be a target monster in the second half of the season

"A lion never roars after the kill."