Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FFXV

This looks great, but I probably won't be buying it for a while. If anyone gets it tomorrow(tonight) I'd love some feedback on it. I might do a one day Redbox binge this weekend on it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I pre-ordered it but most likely get it tomorrow. I've heard mixed reviews so far but the production looks great. I mean it should though they've been working on this game for like 10 years it seems.

I follow a Final Fantasy group on Facebook and so far it's been a divided decision on the game. You either really enjoy it or you don't like it at all. For me, personally, I tried the free demo out about a month or two ago on my PS4. Graphically, it's a beautiful game. As far as the live action combat and everything I experienced it was just kind of "meh" for me. It's a generational thing I honestly feel is the problem with the fan base. I grew up in all of the 90s. So I played VI on the SNES. Then I played VII - IX on the PS1. And X and XII on the PS2. I'd say right when I got up to the PS3 era and XIII came out I slowly but surely lost interest and hope in SE's future as a gaming developer for my age range and group. I like the old school ATB battle system and materia or leveling up systems. I liked the turn based system in X. It started getting annoying in XII where I had to rely on the computer with the "gambit" system to make my fights manageable. I didn't feel like I was in full control of the fighting and it's been a turn off ever since when XIII came out. And it seems that's the route they're going. Which is a shame. Because I am really looking forward to the VII remake but if it's going to be all fast paced, rotate this guy in and out mid-battle and jerky and jumpy all the time in battle I don't think I am going to be able to get into that.  

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'd like to see them remake Chrono Trigger or Cross too. Or if Sony had enough manpower to maybe delve back into Legend of Dragoon. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I'd like to see them remake Chrono Trigger or Cross too. Or if Sony had enough manpower to maybe delve back into Legend of Dragoon.

A LOD remake would be amazing.

I played the stupid "dream" demo of FFXV and I didn't like that, but I think it was more the childish aspect than the game itself.

I'm the same way as you, much prefer vii-x that o grew up with. I'll Redbox this and give it a shot though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I've played maybe 3 hours and I am a big fan of this new direction. The combat is amazing.

The beginning intro scene makes me want to play this game out through the very end

I played through chapter 1 so far. The combat is better than I had expected.

It looks like it's about to get a lot more intense, story wise, at this point. I have it till 9 pm tomorrow with nothing else to do, p o should get a good idea about it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I played up to chapter 8 over the weekend. I gotta say I've really been liking it. I didn't do a ton of side quests since I wanted to get through as much story as possible.

Combat was strange at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty intuitive and fun. Wait mode can make it similar to the old style.

My biggest complaint is lowering your max HP after taking damage in a dungeon for a while. I usually just backtracked to the entrance and rested since Gil and items can be hard to come by, but it's a bit annoying, a spell to do the same as the items would be helpful.

Looks like this is the direction the FFVII remake will most likely take, wasn't sure at first, but it has the potential to be very good.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 03:30 PM by Thundersnow.)

I would be okay if they did something similar with FFVII. However, I would much prefer just a complete graphics overhaul similar to what Resident Evil did when they re-made it.

Quote:I would be okay if they did something similar with FFVII. However, I would much prefer just a complete graphics overhaul similar to what Resident Evil did when they re-made it.

I would be very surprised if they didn't overhaul graphics. They're basically going to have to rebuild every single part of the game if they use FFXV as a model
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

FFVII's map has a lot more going on than FFXV's.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:FFVII's map has a lot more going on than FFXV's.

Which I imagine is why they're planning to split each disc into its own standalone game
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Which I imagine is why they're planning to split each disc into its own standalone game

The reason they're splitting each disk into an episode or its own game is to maximize profits off of the remake. Nothing more, nothing less. They're going to milk this as much as they can since everyone has wanted it for years now. I'm not even interested whatsoever in it after seeing what they've done to it. A complete PS4 version of the original turn based FF7 RPG is what I wanted, but they had to modernize it and do away with the system since nobody has an attention span long enough to do turn based battles anymore. 

Guess I'll start playing it soon. Little brother hooked me up with the day one special edition yesterday for Christmas. Comes with the Masamune download. I was playing Elder Scrolls Online recently. Pretty fun. Might get him into that too. 

Quote:Guess I'll start playing it soon. Little brother hooked me up with the day one special edition yesterday for Christmas. Comes with the Masamune download. I was playing Elder Scrolls Online recently. Pretty fun. Might get him into that too.

ESO is good, just weird to see everyone else running around.

I got a copy of FFXV for Christmas as well so I'm starting over and doing all the side quests and everything. Masamune is strong for early on but super slow to swing. Works well with a warp strike.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I spent about 10-12 hours doing 40 some side quests, saving all the exp, and then using the Gauldin Quay hotel for a 2x boost. Jumped from 18 to 41 lol I'm 52 now and just started Chapter 8. The dungeons I had "problems" with when I rented it are a cake walk now.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS