Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eugene Monroe

Baltimore needs <a class="" href='http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5198/eugene-monroe'>Eugene Monroe</a> to get better. Monroe, the left tackle the Ravens acquired in a trade with the Jaguars, whiffed on a block just before halftime, leading <a class="" href='http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4677/joe-flacco'>Joe Flacco</a> to get blindsided and fumble, setting up a Packers field goal on the last play of the first half. That was one of the ugliest plays of the day, and a bad sign that trading for Monroe wasn’t close enough to fix the problems on the Ravens’ offensive line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whoops

I'm not so sure an "Elite" tackle would let that happen in his first game.

I watched that entire game and Monroe stood out in a bad way.

Well, darn.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

So, where is everyone who was upset we didn't get a 1st rounder for our "elite" tackle?

I got a kick out of this after reading the whining and complaining about the Jags compensation.

That said, Monroe is a quality tackle being thrown into a new system with new players around him. It WAS his first game. I don't think anyone expected him to be the next coming of Boselli in that game.

I think Monroe will be fine, and I also think the deal was a win for both teams.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:So, where is everyone who was upset we didn't get a 1st rounder for our "elite" tackle?

lol, yes because how Monroe played in his first game as a Raven is how he'll play his entire existence with that team  :blink:

Quote:So, where is everyone who was upset we didn't get a 1st rounder for our "elite" tackle?

He's been there 11 days and he's garbage now? Lol
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

A 4th and a 5th  :whistling:

Quote:He's been there 11 days and he's garbage now? Lol

of course he is...he became garbage as soon as he left the Jags. Rolleyes

Quote:of course he is...he became garbage as soon as he left the Jags. Rolleyes

I don't think anybody ever used the word "garbage" to describe EM. Certainly not me. I just don't think he was as "elite" as people made him out to be. An "above average" player on the Jaguars can seem to be "elite" at times.

I will take "Things Nobody Has Ever Said on this Message Board" for $200.

;

;

No ones upset we didn't get a 1st, hyperbole is fun! People including myself are upset that we let a top 10 LT go for third day picks.

Do you deny Monroe is a top 10 LT or do you think third day picks for top 10 players at premium positions is acceptable?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:No ones upset we didn't get a 1st, hyperbole is fun! People including myself are upset that we let a top 10 LT go for third day picks.

Do you deny Monroe is a top 10 LT or do you think third day picks for top 10 players at premium positions is acceptable?

What do you think Monroe's market value was?

;

;

Quote:What do you think Monroe's market value was?

His value was obviously a 5th, my problem is for that kind of value you're better off keeping the top 10 LT. I'm assuming the reports of other teams willing to trade 2nd day picks are false of course. I'm also assuming we didn't rush the deal and took the time to shop around. If either of those assumptions are false then it's upsetting on a whole different level.

I don't buy the garbage argument that he didn't want to be here, and we couldn't have resigned him next year, that's as flawed as the argument saying Dave gave the Ravens a friendly discount for Monroe.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:No ones upset we didn't get a 1st, hyperbole is fun! People including myself are upset that we let a top 10 LT go for third day picks.

Eugene Monroe was one of my favorite Jags but he didn't play like a top 10 anything while with the Jags this season.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 08:01 AM by jagherd.)

Quote:Eugene Monroe was one of my favorite Jags but he didn't play like a top 10 anything while with the Jags this season.
^ Good Post. I agree completely with that.

Now that Monroe is a Raven, he will have to face the Bengals D-Line twice this year. I'll be watching. I'm anxious to see Monroe go up against Dunlap, Johnson, and Gilberry. Those guys are pretty fierce (even though they might not be household names).

The way Monroe has looked so far this year, I'm betting he won't look like a "Top Ten" anything against them.

We'll see.

Nobody is saying he was garbage.  He is saying the compensation we got for a tackle that wasnt going to resign anyway was enough based on his talents.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2013, 09:10 AM by Jags2DaDeath.)

Quote:Nobody is saying he was garbage.  He is saying the compensation we got for a tackle that wasnt going to resign anyway was enough based on his talents.

Truth.

But sensationalism is the goal for some.

;

;