Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eugene Monroe

Actually, considering that Monroe gave up a strip sack and two more pressures he must have done very well otherwise because he only got a -0.4 by PFF which isn't bad at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Whoops

Quote:Actually, considering that Monroe gave up a strip sack and two more pressures he must have done very well otherwise because he only got a -0.4 by PFF which isn't bad at all.

whoops

Quote:of course he is...he became garbage as soon as he left the Jags. Rolleyes

Some around here don't wait that long.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2013, 11:40 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:of course he is...he became garbage as soon as he left the Jags. Rolleyes

He wasn't exactly great when he was here.

Not too long ago, I made the prediction that Ravens fans would not be thrilled with Monroe by season's end.

I stand by that now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:He wasn't exactly great when he was here.

Not too long ago, I made the prediction that Ravens fans would not be thrilled with Monroe by season's end.

I stand by that now.

I hope you turn out correct. 

Quote:I watched that entire game and Monroe stood out in a bad way.
I wished I was able to watch the game. It sucks not having DirecTV anymore.

I stand by that now.

It seems like his performance last weekend was close to what he gave us here. Last year he had a Boselli-like peformance against Jared Allen. But then he would turn around and get ole'd by some mediocre pass rushers. When he was on top of his game, he was great. But too inconsistent.

;

;

I stand by that now.

Quote:I hope you turn out correct. 
What does it matter? We weren't going to resign him anyways. How he plays going forward does not affect us. All he could've done here is possibly help us win a "meaningless" game, right?

Next season, if Monroe > Joeckel, then I'll say it was a bad move, well drafting Joeckel to replace Monroe, that is.

Boy there sure is a band of idiots that foam at the mouth on this board.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I wish Eugene all the best. Once a player leaves my favorite team I will usually continue to follow them and root for them to succeed, if they're not playing against us that is. Regardless of anything else, he was at the very least a solid contributor to this team and was a big part of it. I hope he protects Joe Flacco well and gets a nice contract at the end of the season. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

After watching Bradley Sowell struggle for the Arizona Cardinals against Seattle the other night,      a thought that came to mind is that's a team that could have desperately used Eugene Monroe's services.    Over the last two seasons,   I haven't seen any team in the league that has received worse Offensive Tackle play in multiple games than the Cardinals.      What makes matters worse for them in 2013 is the immobility of QB Carson Palmer.       Monroe at his worst would have been a major upgrade for Arizona.         

Our line has improved since both our top tackles left/went down.. Can't really complain can I?

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 09:40 PM by trunt87.)

This is right before the game tonight. 

Gruden: Eugene Monroe who is playing for a contract, has been beaten repeatedly.... Joe Flacco could be in trouble tonight.  

Now it is before the game, so he could end up playing pretty well tonight, but just thought I would throw that out there if anyone is interested. 

Eugene "turnstile" Monroe making Caldwell look good tonight.

if only the ravens would suck something fierce for the rest of the year so those draft picks at least end in the top half of the rounds,.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Refs not letting that happen tonight.

Looks pretty good to me.

Quote:This is right before the game tonight. 

Gruden: Eugene Monroe who is playing for a contract, has been beaten repeatedly.... Joe Flacco could be in trouble tonight.  

Now it is before the game, so he could end up playing pretty well tonight, but just thought I would throw that out there if anyone is interested. 

Jon Gruden talked about the whole offensive line in general not giving Joe Flacco enough protection. I did not hear "is playing for a contract." He mentioned the trade for him with the Jaguars.

During the game, Monroe first did a great job on Ndamukong Suh, then later whiffed on another Lion. But it was the left guard to allowed the low hit on Flacco.

If my QB signs a 120.6M contract and my kicker is the target interview after every game, something isn't right.

Quote:If my QB signs a 120.6M contract and my kicker is the target interview after every game, something isn't right.

120.6M doesn't buy you what it used to..