Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eugene Monroe

Quote:120.6M doesn't buy you what it used to..

damn inflation!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If my QB signs a 120.6M contract and my kicker is the target interview after every game, something isn't right.

Justin Tucker was only interviewed last night, not every week. He was interviewed because his game-winning field goal was 61 yards and he was the only Raven who scored.

Quote:Justin Tucker was only interviewed last night, not every week. He was interviewed because his game-winning field goal was 61 yards and he was the only Raven who scored.
Tucker also ate the Turkey leg on Thanksgiving day football. See where I'm going here?

Quote:Tucker also ate the Turkey leg on Thanksgiving day football. See where I'm going here?

That does not mean he was the primary interview after the game.

Back to Eugene Monroe: Did you all think he was good on Monday night?

Quote:That does not mean he was the primary interview after the game.

Back to Eugene Monroe: Did you all think he was good on Monday night?

He was average. Not "Elite" like some describe him.

Quote:He was average. Not "Elite" like some describe him.

I'm not making any excuses for the Lions losing the game.  But from the standpoint of the Eugene Monroe discussion, he apparently got away with being called for a 2nd False start penalty on what became the drive that ended with Justin Tucker's 61 yard FG:

Detroit Lions' Gunther Cunningham: Ravens should've been flagged before winning FG
http://www.freep.com/article/20131220/SP...tin-tucker

This year Eugene has been average.

Not "Top 10 LT" like some of us here used to believe.

In the end - it's looking like it was a fair trade. 

I'm pretty excited that we have that extra 4th and 5th rounder. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:This year Eugene has been average.

Not "Top 10 LT" like some of us here used to believe.

In the end - it's looking like it was a fair trade. 

I'm pretty excited that we have that extra 4th and 5th rounder. 

That he was arguably Gene Smith's best first round pick is truly damning.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014, 10:50 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Monroe didn't allow a sack against our Dline today.

You're right. He didn't. He played well as long as you ignore the flag, right?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

One flag for holding.

At the time, I admittedly thought LJ would turn into a better tackle, but I cam admit when I am wrong. Horrible move by Caldwell. Just horrible.

Quote:One flag for holding.

At the time, I admittedly thought LJ would turn into a better tackle, but I cam admit when I am wrong. Horrible move by Caldwell. Just horrible.
Monroe wouldn't be on the team right now anyway. He was a FA and he made it clear he didn't want to return to the team. Something is better than nothing, and Dave made good use of the picks he got that he wouldn't have had if Monroe walked for free instead.

Quote:Monroe wouldn't be on the team right now anyway. He was a FA and he made it clear he didn't want to return to the team. Something is better than nothing, and Dave made good use of the picks he got that he wouldn't have had if Monroe walked for free instead.

Look who we are stuck with at LT. Now, we have to address the position again in the draft because LJ is so soft and sloppy.

You can't really say he wasn't going to sign here....nobody knows this as fact.

Quote:One flag for holding.

It doesn't look good at all right now, I'll agree there.

Give it a little more time though. Monroe didn't look as good when he started either. Most LT don't look good their first couple seasons (although many may not look as bad as LJ so far).

Quote:Monroe wouldn't be on the team right now anyway. He was a FA and he made it clear he didn't want to return to the team.
Something is better than nothing, and Dave made good use of the picks he got that he wouldn't have had if Monroe walked for free instead.
Link? I don't recall this at all. I believe he was quite shocked to be traded. The only place I have heard this storyline is on this board.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Link? I don't recall this at all. I believe he was quite shocked to be traded. The only place I have heard this storyline is on this board.

Yeah, I would like to see a link as well. This was a rumor started by people who think free agents won't actually sign in Jacksonville and don't realize they will sign wherever the money is, even if that means going from hoisting the Lombardi to playing on a 2 win team the next year.

Looking back, knowing what we know now, this was a COLOSSAL mistake by David Caldwell.

The Colvin is making the trade look okay.

Quote:The Colvin is making the trade look okay.

Trading Monroe wasn't the only way we could have acquired Colvin. He was drafted in the 4th round, right?

Quote:Trading Monroe wasn't the only way we could have acquired Colvin. He was drafted in the 4th round, right?

No but he was the pick acquired in the Monroe trade, so he is the return. Aaron Colvin and Chris Smith.

Quote:Monroe wouldn't be on the team right now anyway. He was a FA and he made it clear he didn't want to return to the team. Something is better than nothing, and Dave made good use of the picks he got that he wouldn't have had if Monroe walked for free instead.

I call BS.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>