Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thursday Night Football might be going away

I wonder if they would consider doing away with Sunday Night Football? If they are concerned about ratings, Sunday night is usually when the best prime time TV shows are on.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wonder if they would consider doing away with Sunday Night Football? If they are concerned about ratings, Sunday night is usually when the best prime time TV shows are on.
this guy

Quote:I wonder if they would consider doing away with Sunday Night Football? If they are concerned about ratings, Sunday night is usually when the best prime time TV shows are on.

I mean, I skip the night games to watch Walking Dead actually.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

TNF was most interesting to me when it was "new" and only on NFL Network.

Now, the novelty has worn off.

Still, at it's worst, it's a reminder that I didn't make my weekly picks in time and am starting out yet another week one game in the hole.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I think opening day on Thursday is fine. Along with Thanksgiving. But other than that it's too much
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Divisional games are a joke and boring. They need to cancel TNF, there is too much football and you get sick of it quickly. Thursday, CFB Friday, Saturday, Sunday, SNF, MNF...

Half the time divisional games are blow outs, just cause there is a king at the top of it that is rolling everyone in it that given season.

For me these days it's the more football I watch the more ridiculously blown calls I see. 

I'm all for it. Takes away our opportunity to get embarrassed on national TV. I prefer to be irrelevant while sucking instead of being a high profile clown show like the Jets.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...don-games/

Welp, there goes my excuse to my wife about drinking at 9:30am.

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...don-games/

Ha....I actually liked watching those games. 

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...don-games/

Quote:Ha....I actually liked watching those games. 

On a related note,  the Ravens are in the mix to be the Jaguars opponent in London next season:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...in-london/

Yeah as football night games should be for Monday and Sunday. Reason the ratings are down is because of also overexposure.

Apparently the NFL is now saying they have no plans to cancel TNF
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

They should at least take away the divisional matchups on tnf. They are usually pretty boring. Put the best teams from the previous year in the slots.

Can't take the turkey game away from Dallas and Detroit. Been watching those games since I was a kid.

But I like the late game rotation.

I'd be OK with TNF going away otherwise. It makes no sense for the NFL to schedule an off night like Thursday and then team up some of THE worst matchups in the NFL in those time slots. You want people to watch, you should find a way to make New England v Pittsburgh, TNF instead of battling for map coverage on Sunday.

Ratings are down?  There's a lot of football to be watched but most of it isn't worth watching. The only reason the NFL cares that the ratings are down is it'll affect their contract deals.

In the internet age, people don't really need to watch what they force on the TV. We'll get the updates on our phones, check in with Redzone or whatever....

I think they should go back to Sunday afternoons and one MNF, with Thanksgiving being the only Thursday.

I'm not even much of a fan of Sunday Night football.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 01:33 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Can't take the turkey game away from Dallas and Detroit. Been watching those games since I was a kid.

But I like the late game rotation.

I'd be OK with TNF going away otherwise. It makes no sense for the NFL to schedule an off night like Thursday and then team up some of THE worst matchups in the NFL in those time slots. You want people to watch, you should find a way to make New England v Pittsburgh, TNF instead of battling for map coverage on Sunday.

Ratings are down? There's a lot of football to be watched but most of it isn't worth watching. The only reason the NFL cares that the ratings are down is it'll affect their contract deals.

In the internet age, people don't really need to watch what they force on the TV. We'll get the updates on our phones, check in with Redzone or whatever....

I think they should go back to Sunday afternoons and one MNF, with Thanksgiving being the only Thursday.

I'm not even much of a fan of Sunday Night football.
How about letting Dallas and Detroit play each other every year for Thanksgiving with home field being rotated each year? That would at least keep the two playing Thanksgiving football while freeing up an extra game. This would be a great way to keep a tradition while creating a potentially historical annual rivalry.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM by D6.)

Quote:How about letting Dallas and Detroit play each other every year for Thanksgiving with home field being rotated each year? That would at least keep the two playing Thanksgiving football while freeing up an extra game. This would be a great way to keep a tradition while creating a potentially historical annual rivalry.

If this was done,  under the present NFL schedule format it would have to be every 3 seasons,  being that the Lions and Cowboys are only guaranteed playing each other every 3 seasons.

I would accept something like this if it was the only way to keep the Lions and Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day every season.  Yet,  it would be very disappointing at least in the case of the Lions considering that the annual Lions home Thanksgiving Day game is tied into other traditional local events in the Detroit area, including the Downtown Thanksgiving Day parade.   This goes back to 1934 and has been the case except during the WWII years.  

Many fans of other teams don't even want their favorite team to host a Thanksgiving Day game during the day because it would disrupt their usual Thanksgiving Day plans.   If the NFL were to consider changing the Thanksgiving Daytime games format,   the league should poll the season ticket holders of the other 30 teams to see how they would feel about going to an NFL game during the daytime on Thanksgiving Day.   

Good I hate Thursday football
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2016, 01:42 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

NFL denies report that 'Thursday Night Football' was in jeopardy

That article headline tells everyone TNF games are not going away soon. Let me know when the NFL itself (which has multiyear contracts with three TV networks for showing TNF games)

I have plenty of reasons to support getting rid of it, but need an official word from a reliable source to believe the NFL ever considered doing that. All evidence so far points in the opposite direction.