Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would You Trade Up To #1 If We Don't Get The Top Pick?

We know David Caldwell wants to collect picks has a build-through-the-draft philosophy. But we also know he was at Louisville Thursday night to see Teddy Bridgewater. A possible finish to the season is the same we had last year, being #2 because someone else has a weaker SOS. If that happens, would you trade up for Bridgewater or stay put and hope the first team picks Jadaveous (sp) Clowney? I know a lot of people wanted Clowney six months ago because we also need a big defensive end upgrade so I don't think it will hurt to pick him instead if we have to.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Depends on what it would take obviously.

If it's a team like the Giants and we are just swapping positions so they don't trade with anyone else, I would probably do it. Also assuming we can take some of our extra picks this year and trade up.

TEST

Depends on a lot of things:

#1. What team is up there?

#2. What do they want?

I wouldn't give up a second.  Maybe a 3rd and a 5th -- but not unless Caldwell felt whoever was at #1 wasn't going to be there at #2, that they were the answer to the franchises' woes , and that he could trade back into the third.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

No. The cost would simply be too high. There will be more than one elite prospect in the draft, We will be picking high enough to get a game-changing type player next year.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 09:32 PM by BigJohn98.)

We have too many holes on this team. We need every pick we can get. No more Gene Smith philosophy of giving away picks to trade up for marginal crap.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 09:29 PM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:No. The cost would simply be too high. There will be more than one elite prospect in the draft, We will be picking high enough to get a game-changing type player next year.

Lol. We will be playing 8 games in London if we spend another season next year at the bottom.

TEST

I would probably very strongly consider trading up for Teddy. I think we could make the deal without surrendering an extra #1. For moving from #2 to #1 and additional 3rd and 5th should do the trick.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Lol. We will be playing 8 games in London if we spend another season next year at the bottom.

Let's not forget why we're at the bottom in the first place. One part is Gene missing on the terrible players he did draft, but another equally substantial part is the fact that he traded away entirely too many picks to move up and take "his guys." Caldwell won't make that mistake, nor should he.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Let's not forget why we're at the bottom in the first place. One part is Gene missing on the terrible players he did draft, but another equally substantial part is the fact that he traded away entirely too many picks to move up and take "his guys." Caldwell won't make that mistake, nor should he.

If we have NFL caliber starting QB play, we will NOT be at the bottom next year. We arguably could have had 2 maybe 3 wins this season already had it not been for the awful QB's with their awful missed throws and INTs.

And next year we have what should be a somewhat easier schedule with the AFC west and AFC East.

TEST

Quote:No. The cost would simply be too high. There will be more than one elite prospect in the draft, We will be picking high enough to get a game-changing type player next year.

If Caldwell thinks that he can only get the future QB at #1, then he should do what he has to in order to get the pick. If he feels he can get one later, then that's fine.  But if he doesn't, I hope we don't settle for a QB who will be no more than Average.  

I don't think the team has to worry about moving.  But without at least an average QB next year, I think the team will have to worry about Blackouts.  I don't think we'll be in the Top 5 next year.  If we are then Caldwell may not last very long.  I just hope we don't wind up with an average QB.  Whoever we get.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:If Caldwell thinks that he can only get the future QB at #1, then he should do what he has to in order to get the pick. If he feels he can get one later, then that's fine.  But if he doesn't, I hope we don't settle for a QB who will be no more than Average.  

I don't think the team has to worry about moving.  But without at least an average QB next year, I think the team will have to worry about Blackouts.  I don't think we'll be in the Top 5 next year.  If we are then Caldwell may not last very long.  I just hope we don't wind up with an average QB.  Whoever we get.

I can only imagine the people willing to settle for a 3rd/4th best QB in the draft think Garrard/Leftwich/Gabbert are all elite QBs.

TEST

As if we will need to trade up lol. 

Quote:If we have NFL caliber starting QB play, we will NOT be at the bottom next year. We arguably could have had 2 maybe 3 wins this season already had it not been for the awful QB's with their awful missed throws and INTs.

And next year we have what should be a somewhat easier schedule with the AFC west and AFC East.
We play the AFC North, I think,

Quote:We play the AFC North, I think,

Looks like we play the AFC North and the NFC East. I was thrown off because our two deciding games are the AFC East/West team with the closest record is our last 2 opponents.

TEST