Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tennesee-Virginia Tech To Play At Bristol Motor Speedway In 2016

Very unique. They can surely cram in a huge crowd. The location alone will draw many that would otherwise not go I would assume.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The owner of the racetrack, Bruton Smith, has been trying to get this game to happen for several years now... it will be unique in a couple of ways because they are expecting to break the all-time attendance record for a sports game and people have been trying to get these two teams to play each other on a regular basis for awhile now...

If I'm still here in 2016 I'll be there...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Wow that's insane. I can't wait to see this televised and how it comes across on TV. They pack a ton of fans in there and it's extremely loud.
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Should be a great event.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM by TravC59.)

Is Bristol one of the short tracks?

Edit: I found my answer, Yes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...ncaaf.html

They're hoping for 160,000. I wonder if they'll bring in extra seating to put on the track itself, if Nascar would allow that even. If not, that's quite a distance from the field to the stands.

;

I still don't think that's going to be an enjoyable situation for the fans at the game other than the novelty of it. They are going to be so far away from the action that it's going to be like sitting in the parking lot.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Huuuuuuge stadium that is. 

[Image: BWOmGSWIQAAdOQ3.jpg]

Why do racetracks have such huge seating capacities? Can someone please explain it to me?

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Why do racetracks have such huge seating capacities? Can someone please explain it to me?

Because every competitor in the sport is in one spot. It would be like having a game with the entire AFC playing at the same time. Can you imagine the crowd at that game?!?!?!

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Because every competitor in the sport is in one spot. It would be like having a game with the entire AFC playing at the same time. Can you imagine the crowd at that game?!?!?!

So they routinely fill up 150k plus? If that's the case than how would 160k be the record?
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:So they routinely fill up 150k plus? If that's the case than how would 160k be the record?

I'm not sure, but then again I don't routinely follow NASCAR. I'm sure that there is a website out there that tracks that kind of thing, but I also know that the Racetrack here in Richmond isn't that big, but it's a consistent sellout.

Quote:So they routinely fill up 150k plus? If that's the case than how would 160k be the record?
Yes Bristol Motor Speedway's capacity is 160k, and it would shatter the all time NCAA football attendance record if it is full.

Quote:Yes Bristol Motor Speedway's capacity is 160k, and it would shatter the all time NCAA football attendance record if it is full.

Right, but I'm thinking they are going for a world spectating record, not just exclusive to college football.

Quote:Why do racetracks have such huge seating capacities? Can someone please explain it to me?
Because the tracks get filled with fans every week.

;

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 04:22 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Right, but I'm thinking they are going for a world spectating record, not just exclusive to college football.
200k+ is regularly broken at several motor stadiums around the world.