Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What If We Miss Out On Teddy Bridgewater?

Quote:Give me Hundley over Mariota (assuming they both declare).  I think he will be more successful in the NFL.
Hundley  is growing on me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm going to keep asking this until you answer it.

You don't want the team to win "several meaningless games" at the end of the year, but you've already stated Bradley should be fired in an 0-16 season. 

You've set it up nicely for yourself to complain either way.

How does this work, exactly?

actually I have never stated that "Bradley should be fired if they go 0-16". Not once. 

Stating that "I wasn't sure that THEY would be able to justify bringing him back after an 0-16 season" is a lot different context than what you are accusing me of saying. 

Quote:actually I have never stated that "Bradley should be fired if they go 0-16". Not once. 

Stating that "I wasn't sure that THEY would be able to justify bringing him back after an 0-16 season" is a lot different context than what you are accusing me of saying. 

Would you justify they bring him back in the event we go 0-16?  Just curious.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 01:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Would you justify they bring him back in the event we go 0-16?  Just curious.

Too early to say for me. Have to see how it all plays out, combined with who may become available as a head coaching candidate. The chance that they actually go 0-16 is pretty slim anyway. The 2nd half of the schedule has winnable games. 

Teddy >>> lots of picks > Mariota > Clowney > Hundley. 

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 02:24 PM by carly.)

Quote:actually I have never stated that "Bradley should be fired if they go 0-16". Not once. 

Quote:<div>
If Bradley goes 0-16 this year, he could & should be gone. 
</div>

Once.

My original question still stands, TMD. 

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Teddy >>> lots of picks > Mariota > Clowney > Hundley. 
Of course, we can use one of the "lots of picks" for Mariota or Clowney.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 02:52 PM by Deacon.)

Quote: 

<div> 

Once.

</div>

[Unnecessary statement]

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Oops.

My intentions aren't to nitpick here, either. I'd call anyone out for this inconsistency.

I think it's a valid question when someone has stated, (paraphrasing), "this franchise is dumb enough to win some meaningless games to not have the number one pick" and the "head coach could and should be fired for winning no games." 

On Wisconsin.

Quote:My intentions aren't to nitpick here, either. I'd call anyone out for this inconsistency.

I think it's a valid question when someone has stated, (paraphrasing), "this franchise is dumb enough to win some meaningless games to not have the number one pick" and the "head coach could and should be fired for winning no games." 

I understand your perspective, and I really shouldn't have piled on. I'll go back and edit my response seeing as how you've made your point.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I really doubt that we don't get the number 1 pick since I feel like the tanking is already well in progress.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 03:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

<div> 

Once.

</div>

haha, I didn't remember saying that, I stand corrected.... but I shouldn't have said that, because I am not "steadfast" that 0-16 gets him fired on my watch. 

.... I know that I have said on numerous occasions that "I am not sure how THEY would justify bringing him back if they went 0-16" but MY feeling on it is still mixed/ undecided....and would depend upon several factors yet to be answered including how they played/ was there still some clear improvement in certain area/ did the team quit at all/ what candidates or what level of head coach candidates were available?.....

Quote:My intentions aren't to nitpick here, either. I'd call anyone out for this inconsistency.

It depends upon what the cushion is between us and the next team for the #1 pick.....if theres some space, then I don't mind a win or 2.....but if we "need" to lose them games to ensure the #1 pick, then lose them. 

Quote:haha, I didn't remember saying that, I stand corrected.... but I shouldn't have said that, because I am not "steadfast" that 0-16 gets him fired on my watch. 

.... I know that I have said on numerous occasions that "I am not sure how THEY would justify bringing him back if they went 0-16" but MY feeling on it is still mixed/ undecided....and would depend upon several factors yet to be answered including how they played/ was there still some clear improvement in certain area/ did the team quit at all/ what candidates or what level of head coach candidates were available?.....
so, show improvement but not too much that we actually win a game? aren't you asking for a bit too much?

as far as justifying keeping him, they knew it was a process going into this season, Mularkey was Gene's guy and Gene had plenty of time to rebuild and he failed

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 03:46 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Again, it's cute how some of you are afraid we could lose the #1 pick in the draft lol.

It will only happen if some teams give us free wins, and I mean like their QBs handing the ball to one of our LBs or their RBs going the other way for a safety the whole game.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:so, show improvement but not too much that we actually win a game? aren't you asking for a bit too much?

as far as justifying keeping him, they knew it was a process going into this season, Mularkey was Gene's guy and Gene had plenty of time to rebuild and he failed

They can win a game or 2 as long as theres enough cushion between them and the team that holds pick 2......you know, like how the Colts did it in 2012 - they were winless until 0-13, but then when it was clear that they could win a few games and still get Luck, they did. 

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013, 03:59 PM by BigJohn98.)

Can we just make a Teddy Bridgewater thread and merge everything into that?

Quote:Can we just make a Teddy Bridgewater thread and merge everything into that?

That's what I attempted to do with the countdown thread, but the college football section has quickly turned into the Teddy section.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Can we just make a Teddy Bridgewater thread and merge everything into that?

Yeah, there's nine Bridgewater-related threads on the first page alone lol

Quote:You play to win the game. You try telling professional athletes and coaches to throw a game.

Don't give us that Boselli junk.