Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Help

My running backs are Trent, Lacy, and Sproles right now.

My receivers are calvin Johnson, Cobb, and Antonio Brown.

Would you do Cobb for Doug Martin?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 12:04 PM by The Mad Dog.)

I'd probably stand pat with what you have,,,,only because Tampa is such a mess right now & bad things usually happen to bad teams, (i.e. injuries etc) I don't think I would want any Tampa offensive players. The rookie QB is probbaly going to cause that offense to be at the very least "inconsistent", if not flat out "bad" at worst. 

You're probably better off with what you have. 

i traded chris johnson + boldin for cobb. ppr league.

Quote:I'd probably stand pat with what you have,,,,only because Tampa is such a mess right now & bad things usually happen to bad teams, (i.e. injuries etc) I don't think I would want any Tampa offensive players. The rookie QB is probbaly going to cause that offense to be at the very least "inconsistent", if not flat out "bad" at worst.

You're probably better off with what you have.

Hmm makes sense. Yeah, I do like my lineup but I always try to get another top rb from a team who is struggling.

Preciate it

No.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 12:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Hmm makes sense. Yeah, I do like my lineup but I always try to get another top rb from a team who is struggling.

Preciate it

P.S. If Martin goes off this week against the Eagles porous D, don't hold that against me here :pinch:

Even if that happens, I think in the long run you're probably better off standing pat for -this- season. 

Quote:P.S. If Martin goes off this week against the Eagles porous D, don't hold that against me here :pinch:

Even if that happens, I think in the long run you're probably better off standing pat for -this- season.

Oh no, I wouldn't. That's part of the reason im thinking about trading for him. This is the last week his owner will offer him. He's should shred the eagles defense.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 12:28 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Oh no, I wouldn't. That's part of the reason im thinking about trading for him. This is the last week his owner will offer him. He's should shred the eagles defense.

Of course, you could take the ultimate gamble.....trade for him this week, with the idea of him shredding the Eagles, and then "flip" him to another team next week....lol..... i,e, buy low on Martin based on production so far....then sell high next week....very risky, but high reward potential. 

I call that the fantasy football "housing market/ hedge fund" trade. B)

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 12:38 PM by bleedingteal.)

Quote:Of course, you could take the ultimate gamble.....trade for him this week, with the idea of him shredding the Eagles, and then "flip" him to another team next week....lol..... i,e, buy low on Martin based on production so far....then sell high next week....very risky, but high reward potential.

I call that the fantasy football "housing market/ hedge fund" trade. B)
If I can talk the owner down from Cobb to something else then I may try that. One of my friends is in love with Doug so I definitely would be able to ship him off.

Or potentially Cobb for Doug then Doug for Brandon Marshall and someone else or maybe just jimmy graham?

Only thing is I believe Cobb is a legit number 1 in fantasy football.

I'll probably stay pat and hope Trent gets it going.

Quote:If I can talk the owner down from Cobb to something else then I may try that. One of my friends is in love with Doug so I definitely would be able to ship him off.

Or potentially Cobb for Doug then Doug for Brandon Marshall and someone else or maybe just jimmy graham?

Only thing is I believe Cobb is a legit number 1 in fantasy football.

I'll probably stay pat and hope Trent gets it going.

Yeah, don't trade Cobb - try to get Martin for something more commensurate to his value per production from this season....

If you can buy low on Martin then by all means make the deal. 

Quote:Yeah, don't trade Cobb - try to get Martin for something more commensurate to his value per production from this season....

If you can buy low on Martin then by all means make the deal.

Alright, try Antonio and some rb? You think Sproles or lacy would be too much?

Quote:Alright, try Antonio and some rb? You think Sproles or lacy would be too much?

I'd try Antonio -alone-. 

I wouldn't even add anything else to the deal. 

See if that owner will bite. 

Quote:I'd try Antonio -alone-.

I wouldn't even add anything else to the deal.

See if that owner will bite.

Will do.

Don't trade cobb he's putting up too good of numbers. he's a number 1.

Quote:Don't trade cobb he's putting up too good of numbers. he's a number 1.

Yeah I won't be. Going to try what TMD said. Antonio and I'll add a rb if I have too.

Quote:Yeah I won't be. Going to try what TMD said. Antonio and I'll add a rb if I have too.
if that guy is smart at all he should only accept at least lacy and brown maybe even richardson and brown. But yeah try brown and sproles he might bite. Or maybe if you have a better qb you could could trade sproles and your qb for martin and his qb

Only wants calvin so nawwww

Quote:Only wants calvin so nawwww

He wants Calvin?......as in Megatron??....for Doug Martin??? rofl....

Quote:He wants Calvin?......as in Megatron??....for Doug Martin??? rofl....

My thoughts exactly. He's trying to sell high even though Doug hasn't been producing.

Quote:My thoughts exactly. He's trying to sell high even though Doug hasn't been producing.

heh.....I wouldn't care if Martin was at peak performance, ain't no way I'd give 2 thoughts to trading someone like Megatron for him. That guy in your league is a whack job. 

The only RB that I would trade Megatron for no questions asked would be Adrian Peterson. I'd consider McCoy or Jamaal Charles in exchange for Megatron if I was desperately needing a RB and had to deal Megatron.

The rest? I don't think so.