Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Mock Jaguars Draft

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/08/jacksonvil...idgewater/

Discuss.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 07:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Not bad....in addition to the obvious Bridgewater pick, I like the Center pick. but might take him in 3rd instead. 

I would take one of our 4th rounders and deal it to the Eagles in exchange for Bryce Brown. No way they are keeping 3 RB going into next season and Polk's development makes Brown expendable, and he's got more trade value than Polk. 

I would spend the other 4th rounder on another developmental QB, tbh. 

Quote:I would spend the other 4th rounder on another developmental QB, tbh. 
Seems to me that you and I are on the same page when it comes to bringing in another rookie QB along with Teddy.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

I like the interior line picks for Bridgewater but I'd also like to see them try and get Devante Parker to pair up with Teddy. A WR group consisting of Blackmon, Shorts, Ace, and Parker would be real nice for Teddy. Also, I would take a chance of Doninique Easley if he falls due to his injury. I honestly think that guy could be the next Geno Atkins and he would fit perfect in Gus' defense.

LOVE the first four picks.

Take out the FB and put in a late round flyer on a TE

Quote:I like the interior line picks for Bridgewater but I'd also like to see them try and get Devante Parker to pair up with Teddy. A WR group consisting of Blackmon, Shorts, Ace, and Parker would be real nice for Teddy. Also, I would take a chance of Doninique Easley if he falls due to his injury. I honestly think that guy could be the next Geno Atkins and he would fit perfect in Gus' defense.

I have called for that same Devante Parker selection over the past few weeks....

But then I got to thinking.....would it be a waste?- ----- I mean, could he even get on the field much with Blackmon & Shorts already here?

Quote:I have called for that same Devante Parker selection over the past few weeks....

But then I got to thinking.....would it be a waste?- ----- I mean, could he even get on the field much with Blackmon & Shorts already here?

I could envision them doing plenty of four wide sets and with Cecil's concussion history and Blackmon's off the field issues... Also Parker is 6'3" so he brings a new dimension that our current receivers don't have outside of Blackmon.

Quote:I could envision them doing plenty of four wide sets and with Cecil's concussion history and Blackmon's off the field issues... Also Parker is 6'3" so he brings a new dimension that our current receivers don't have outside of Blackmon.

don't get me wrong....if it could work, I'm all for it. 

Quote:Take out the FB and put in a late round flyer on a TE

This. I really think we need to come out of this draft with a receiving tight end and a qb. Just imagining this offense with an actual qb, Cecil, Blackmon, ace, and a big movable TE is magical.

I don't know enough about most of these prospects but the positions seem fine for the most part.

dont like the 2nd pick

lol a 5'10 corner and 5'11 lb. and why did we draft a dt instead of a de/leo. but everything else i like.

Quote:Not bad....in addition to the obvious Bridgewater pick, I like the Center pick. but might take him in 3rd instead. 

I would take one of our 4th rounders and deal it to the Eagles in exchange for Bryce Brown. No way they are keeping 3 RB going into next season and Polk's development makes Brown expendable, and he's got more trade value than Polk. 

I would spend the other 4th rounder on another developmental QB, tbh. 
I like it outside of the FB, I would draft a TE

I disagree on the two rookie QBs, we will most likely keep 2 QBs on the roster I rather have a vet or see how Matt Scott develops see if he can beat out the vet QB. But i'm all for drafting a QB the year after in the mid rounds. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:lol a 5'10 corner and 5'11 lb. and why did we draft a dt instead of a de/leo. but everything else i like.

Yea...the complete opposite of a Gus Bradley corner.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 09:36 PM by bleedingteal.)

Quote:lol a 5'10 corner and 5'11 lb. and why did we draft a dt instead of a de/leo. but everything else i like.

Quote:Yea...the complete opposite of a Gus Bradley corner.

Dwayne Gratz is 5'11 1/8. It's less about the size and more about the play style. Gus/Caldwell are looking for physical corners. Height can certainly help a prospect but, it's no reason to say someone isn't a Bradley corner. 

I'd start focusing more on arm length rather than height once the combine rolls around. 

Quote:Dwayne Gratz is 5'11 1/8. It's less about the size and more about the play style. Gus/Caldwell are looking for physical corners. Height can certainly help a prospect but, it's no reason to say someone isn't a Bradley corner. 
I just don't think we need a corner that early.  We have bigger needs right now, TE, OG, C, OLB, DE, RB.  I think Gratz, Ball, Blackmon, and Harris will do just fine next year. 

Quote:I just don't think we need a corner that early.  We have bigger needs right now, TE, OG, C, OLB, DE, RB.  I think Gratz, Ball, Blackmon, and Harris will do just fine next year. 

I'd probably pass for another position as well but, I wouldn't hate having another corner.

gratz is 5'11? damn my bad. i swear during the draft they said he was 6'1. oops.

Quote:gratz is 5'11? damn my bad. i swear during the draft they said he was 6'1. oops.

I actually thought he was taller also. I might have been confusing him with Bledi-wreh who I thought they would end up picking at that spot.

TEST

I think the two corners we drafted late were over 6 foot.