Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Mock Jaguars Draft

Quote:I think the two corners we drafted late were over 6 foot.

Ah yea forgot about McCray.

TEST

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like it outside of the FB, I would draft a TE

I disagree on the two rookie QBs, we will most likely keep 2 QBs on the roster I rather have a vet or see how Matt Scott develops see if he can beat out the vet QB. But i'm all for drafting a QB the year after in the mid rounds. 

Scott is a David Garrard clone at best. If someone like Murray falls to the 4th, you better believe I'd take him there as a developmental prospect/ backup QB...his ceiling is going to be higher than Scott's. 

Ifo at 33 would be a great value pick, as he is often projected to go top 20, but as most people have pointed out I don't think he fits the Bradley mold.

Quote:Scott is a David Garrard clone at best. If someone like Murray falls to the 4th, you better believe I'd take him there as a developmental prospect/ backup QB...his ceiling is going to be higher than Scott's. 
Murray in the 4th would be a perfectly fine pick, but I wouldn't be calling him a developmental QB. He basically is what he is at this point he doesn't have much more growth in him at all. 

Quote:Scott is a David Garrard clone at best. If someone like Murray falls to the 4th, you better believe I'd take him there as a developmental prospect/ backup QB...his ceiling is going to be higher than Scott's. 

We have many other needs right now above backup QB. The Redskins had a pretty high quality roster (minus secondary) during the 2012 draft. If you want to spend a 6th ok, not anything in the first 5 rounds though.

Quote:Murray in the 4th would be a perfectly fine pick, but I wouldn't be calling him a developmental QB. He basically is what he is at this point he doesn't have much more growth in him at all. 
You have no idea what Murray can be.  If Brees was coming out this year you would say the same thing about him.  Murray will be more pro ready more than most of these QBs coming out this year.

Quote: Murray will be more pro ready more than most of these QBs coming out this year.
Exactly, hence not a developmental QB. 

I love that mock for us. The first four picks would be instant starters and as for Ifo, he's a physical press CB who would fit perfectly in Gus Bradley's scheme! He and Gratz would be monsters together.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Dont see the 2nd pick fitting Bradleys mold, I would imagine Purifoy would be the corner Bradley wants IF he is there. Jag scouts have been in gainesville quite a bit here lately, Harrison is a great center in the 3rd or 4th. Purifoy fits Bradleys mold of big physical corners. and then like the OP said about Dom Easley, would be a great pickup in the 3rd, kid is Geno Atkins.

I wouldnt hate having Murray either, I think he is still becoming a good QB. Dont see him lasting past the 2nd rd though, especially if he finishes the season strong.

Dont mind the FB pick, but I understand what you guys mean about getting a TE. I thought Pryor would have done better here

Dwarf tossing available on demand.

Quote:Dont see the 2nd pick fitting Bradleys mold, I would imagine Purifoy would be the corner Bradley wants IF he is there. Jag scouts have been in gainesville quite a bit here lately, Harrison is a great center in the 3rd or 4th. Purifoy fits Bradleys mold of big physical corners. and then like the OP said about Dom Easley, would be a great pickup in the 3rd, kid is Geno Atkins.

I wouldnt hate having Murray either, I think he is still becoming a good QB. Dont see him lasting past the 2nd rd though, especially if he finishes the season strong.

Dont mind the FB pick, but I understand what you guys mean about getting a TE. I thought Pryor would have done better here
I wouldn't mind having Purifoy either, but just curious as to why you don't think Ifo would fit here?
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 07:43 AM by jagabc6893.)

Quote:

Scott is a David Garrard clone at best. If someone like Murray falls to the 4th, you better believe I'd take him there as a developmental prospect/ backup QB...his ceiling is going to be higher than Scott's. 
Murray won't make it into the 3rd round.  He reminds me a lot of Brees, and I could see the Saints drafting him at the end of the 2nd to groom him to replace Brees in a couple of years. 

As far as the mock goes, I know we need more talented CB's, but I'd like to see us take a RB at the top of the 2nd if we don't go after a really good one in Free Agency.  It's possible that no RB's go in the 1st round in 2014, and we would have our pick of the best RB in the draft.  At CB, we could get one later, or in Free Agency.  Gratz, Harris and Blackmon might be a good enough core for another year.  Guess it will just depend on the player rankings.  The 4th or 5th best CB might be rated higher than the best RB.

And we don't need a FB.  Draft a TE there, or even higher.  Lewis is obviously not much of a value to the team, and we will need a good pass-catching TE to help the new QB succeed.  I do like the O-line picks.  Maybe get a RT in free agency.

1. QB

2. RB

3. OG/CB

4. OC/CB

4. TE

5. DL

5. DL

Quote:We have many other needs right now above backup QB. The Redskins had a pretty high quality roster (minus secondary) during the 2012 draft. If you want to spend a 6th ok, not anything in the first 5 rounds though.

Tom Coughlin used a 4th rounder in 1995 to select developmental QB Rob Johnson. I'd say at that time the EXPANSION Jags had many other needs too over developmental QB....

How'd that one work out?.... :whistling: 

Quote:Tom Coughlin used a 4th rounder in 1995 to select developmental QB Rob Johnson. I'd say at that time the EXPANSION Jags had many other needs too over developmental QB....

How'd that one work out?.... :whistling:

As deep as this QB class is supposed to be (I've read reports as many as 9 guys could carry first round grades), I think it would make sense on a lot of levels to draft a QB in the mid to late rounds even if we took Bridgewater 1st overall.

1.  We'd still need a backup QB.  While ideally we'd have an experienced backup QB to be able to step in-or at minimum to provide perspective/advice to Bridgewater-having another young developmental prospect would be good. 

2.  If the depth at the position is true, if the team has done its homework and got the pick right, at minimum, we'd have a good backup.  He would push Bridgewater to be even better, he could perform well in Teddy's absence, and maybe even draw trade interest in the future.

3.  It would be a good way to hedge your bets.  If somehow we don't end up with Bridgewater, or the unforseeable happens and Bridgewater disappoints, if we got the pick right, it wouldn't necessarily devastate the team.

4.  Caldwell has declared himself a needs drafter.  However, if you were evaluating talent on a BAP basis, even if you already drafted Bridgewater early, it's possible given the depth of this class, BAP at a later round will be a QB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yea...the complete opposite of a Gus Bradley corner.

Less about height and more about strength & arm length (which usually comes with height).

not crazy about the idea of drafting another CB in the 2nd

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Dont see the 2nd pick fitting Bradleys mold, I would imagine Purifoy would be the corner Bradley wants IF he is there. Jag scouts have been in gainesville quite a bit here lately, Harrison is a great center in the 3rd or 4th. Purifoy fits Bradleys mold of big physical corners. and then like the OP said about Dom Easley, would be a great pickup in the 3rd, kid is Geno Atkins.

Yea Purifoy is a perfect fit for a Gus Bradly defense and early 2nd round is where he grades out, heck all the FL CBs fit, CB Jalen Watkins (Sammy Watkins brother) and Marcus Roberson in the mid rounds would be nice picks, FL Defensive scheme is similar to ours physical press CBs. Look at Josh Evans he has looked good coming out of that UF system.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:As deep as this QB class is supposed to be (I've read reports as many as 9 guys could carry first round grades), I think it would make sense on a lot of levels to draft a QB in the mid to late rounds even if we took Bridgewater 1st overall.

1.  We'd still need a backup QB.  While ideally we'd have an experienced backup QB to be able to step in-or at minimum to provide perspective/advice to Bridgewater-having another young developmental prospect would be good. 

2.  If the depth at the position is true, if the team has done its homework and got the pick right, at minimum, we'd have a good backup.  He would push Bridgewater to be even better, he could perform well in Teddy's absence, and maybe even draw trade interest in the future.

3.  It would be a good way to hedge your bets.  If somehow we don't end up with Bridgewater, or the unforseeable happens and Bridgewater disappoints, if we got the pick right, it wouldn't necessarily devastate the team.

4.  Caldwell has declared himself a needs drafter.  However, if you were evaluating talent on a BAP basis, even if you already drafted Bridgewater early, it's possible given the depth of this class, BAP at a later round will be a QB.

Yeah, we're pretty much on the same page here. 

As for being a "needs" drafter.....in todays NFL good QB are always "needs"....and its rare that starting QB make it through the entire season without missing at least some time. Its smart to have a quality backup/ developmental QB waiting in the wings, just in case. Worse comes to worst, you wind up with a pretty good trade chip in a few years if you were savvy in your QB evaluation. 

Love this draft but I would change the 2nd rounder to TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE from Washington.

It's a passing league and the TE is so crucial to the game now. Bridgewater, Blackmon, Shorts, Sanders and Seferian? Yea... me like that.

Plus, love the Bryce Brown trade idea from TMD.

Quote:not crazy about the idea of drafting another CB in the 2nd

I'm not either but our pass defense isn't all that great and if we are banking on W. Blackmon back there we need to keep in mind he'll be 30 next year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I really like Antonio Andrews. I have a feeling he'll shoot up the draft boards come combine time.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."