Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Jags Mock Draft

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 04:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Thoughts?

Say we sign Alex Mack and Pasztor looks like the future at RT.  We also pick up a few other pieces in free agency like we did this year and sign resign the key guys for us like Blackmon, Marks, ect......

1. T. Bridgewater, QB, Louisville  -  We need a QB

2. G. Jackson, OG, Miss. St  -  One of the best guards in the draft and maybe best suited for the zone blocking scheme

2. J. Amaro, TE, TT  -  Possibly the best pass catching TE in the draft

3. traded to move into the 2nd to get Amaro

4. traded to move into the 2nd to get Amaro

4. C. Hoffman, WR, BYU  - A big body, good red zone target, has over 27 career TDs

5. C. Hyde, RB, Ohio St.  - The best power back in the draft, would be great in the zone scheme IMO

5. T. Smith, OLB, Fl. St  -  Versatile OLB

5. T. Burton, OW, Florida  -  I know Caldwell likes these types of players and dude can play multiple positions

6. A. Wentworth, OT, Fresno St.  -  Good oline depth started most of his college career

7. JC Copeland, FB, LSU  -  We could use a solid FB

We trade up our 3rd and 4th to move up in the 2nd to get Amaro

I want Murray but I think we draft Teddy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is that were Burton is projected to go? All the way to the 6th?

I could see a team taking him in the 3rd or 4th probably. Hes a pretty talented player.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 03:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Is that were Burton is projected to go? All the way to the 6th?

I could see a team taking him in the 3rd or 4th probably. Hes a pretty talented player.
I dunno, i was arguing with some people on another forum that was saying he wouldn't even get drafted!  I moved him into the 5th

I think we do more than that on Defense.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 04:04 PM by HeeRo.)

looks good. i doubt we trade picks seeing as we have a lot of needs.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I think we do more than that on Defense.
I think we get the few defensive pieces we need through free agency like we did this year and go mostly off. in the draft.  Our D isnt that bad outside of the pass rush and I think we address that in free agency or in the 2015 draft

I just don't see us trading our extra picks for a position like TE and for a player who isn't really a can't miss guy.

TEST

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 04:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I just don't see us trading our extra picks for a position like TE and for a player who isn't really a can't miss guy.
There really is no cant miss guys, but I think he is one of the closest ones at the TE position.  People trade up and down all the time and I think we at least trade up once in this draft with all the picks we have for someone Caldwell wants.  Caldwell said he likes having a lot of picks so he has ammunition to move up and down in the draft.

It's scary how much Jace Amaro reminds me of a younger Jimmy Graham.  Definitely wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.

Quote:It's scary how much Jace Amaro reminds me of a younger Jimmy Graham.  Definitely wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.
Lol, that's what I see!

I would like to see them take a chance on Colt Lyerla and Dominique Easley if they fall in the draft.

Quote:Thoughts?

Say we sign Alex Mack and Pasztor looks like the future at RT.  We also pick up a few other pieces in free agency like we did this year and sign resign the key guys for us like Blackmon, Marks, ect......

2. G. Jackson, OG, Miss. St  -  One of the best guards in the draft and maybe best suited for the zone blocking scheme

4. C. Hoffman, WR, BYU  - A big body, good red zone target, has over 27 career TDs

5. C. Hyde, RB, Ohio St.  - The best power back in the draft, would be great in the zone scheme IMO

5. T. Burton, OW, Florida  -  I know Caldwell likes these types of players and dude can play multiple positions

6. A. Wentworth, OT, Fresno St.  -  Good oline depth started most of his college career

I love it but Amaro isn't getting out of the 1st round Imo.

Quote:I would like to see them take a chance on Colt Lyerla and Dominique Easley if they fall in the draft.
I'm with you on Easley, if he can make a full recovery from his injury I truly believe he is gonna be an impact player in the NFL.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Jackson and Amaro are better than 50/50 to go in the first round.

I hope Jackson makes it to the 33rd pick. I would love that pick and if he is not available I would take Stork (C - FL State) with the 33rd. Amaro will be a first rounder maybe a second, plus I would rather address the RB position in the third round. If not another Guard in the third. Honestly it all depends on what Caldwell does in FA, but we need major O-line help.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Jackson and Amaro are better than 50/50 to go in the first round.
Link?

Quote:Thoughts?

I haven't done much with looking at the depth in this draft but from what I know, I would love to have:

1.Teddy

2.Gabe Jackson

3.Dominique Easly (recovered)

4. Colt Lyerla (if he falls)

4. Stork (if he falls because of injury?)

5. Telvin Smith (Buddy of mine I graduated with so I am biased but he can flat out play and motivate. Captain and leader of FSU defense.)

5. Best Running Back

5. Offensive Line Depth

6. Offensive LIne Depth

7. Fullback