Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cheap Dates

You know, I've been a college student long enough to know that you go broke really fast. My girlfriend and I, are masters of finding things to do for 20 bucks or less, preferably free. Art Walks, nature trails, movie dates, cooking meals together, sleeping in the "Hostel in the Forest" (Brunswick, GA, google it!), snorkeling, amongst other things. I'm lucky to have a girl who is down for a lot of these things. But ideas do run out when you're trying to keep the bill low. What are some of the things you do with your significant others that don't cost a significant amount of money? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why, the wild thang, young man. The wild thang.

Every good night ends somewhere, ya know?

That's about how it was for my wife and about 13 years ago when we met. Let me try to remember some things we did that you don't have listed and I'll get back with ya

Quote:Why, the wild thang, young man. The wild thang.

Careful that's how I ended up with 4 kids by 26...............

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

OP Redbox and Pizza hut is our cheap date night now, $10 dinner box + $2 blue ray!

Quote:Careful that's how I ended up with 4 kids by 26...............

Couldn't figure out what kept causing it? Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy

Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy............

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 08:29 AM by homebiscuit.)

Quote:Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy

Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy............
Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Workin' on our night moves...

I used to listen to this song as a young man knowing that one day it would apply to me. That day is here, sadly.

Yep, you're moving fast. We didn't have our fourth until I was 32. Number five came 18 months later.

Wife and I bicycle to the bars on gameday (~ 15 miles each way).  That way we can get a few drinks in on the way and to be honest, getting there is half the fun (and costs nothing).  Once we get to the sports bars we have wings and a pitcher.

beach, bottle of wine, and some cheese for hors d'oeuvres.

Quote:beach, bottle of wine, and some cheese for hors d'oeuvres.

Or as Archie Bunker would say, "horse divers".

Quote:Wife and I bicycle to the bars on gameday (~ 15 miles each way).  That way we can get a few drinks in on the way and to be honest, getting there is half the fun (and costs nothing).  Once we get to the sports bars we have wings and a pitcher.
Uphill both ways?

Quote:Couldn't figure out what kept causing it? Wink

What can I say my wife finds me extremely attractive and I can't say no..... Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 04:44 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:Yep, you're moving fast. We didn't have our fourth until I was 32. Number five came 18 months later.

Nope this is it, I made sure of it!

Also edit that I just turned 28 and the youngest is under a year old so it was 4 kids by 27.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 07:07 PM by rollerjag.)

On Phillips Highway, many of the "dates" are cheap. They charge by the tooth, which is great, because that means the best ones are free.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:On Phillips Highway, many of the "dates" are cheap. They charge by the tooth, which is great, because that means the best ones are free.

:no:  You a bad, bad man.

You could always go enjoy the Theatre of the Living. Big Grin

Sit in on a AA meeting...interesting stories and all the free coffee you can drink!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Uphill both ways?

That is funny you mentioned that.  The 1 thing we did notice is that we're usually going "against the wind" both ways.   Perhaps it's the blood alcohol content :ermm: