Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
R.i.p.: Author Tom Clancy Dead At 66

Best selling author passed away on Tuesday.

That's the second author in that military thriller genre to pass away this year. 

With Clancy and Vince Flynn passing away, my library is taking a beating.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I knew of him because of the video games that were based on his works. I should give his books a read some time.

Quote:I knew of him because of the video games that were based on his works. I should give his books a read some time.

If you enjoy middle class, white male fantasy where your "average Joe" ends up becoming the President of the United States, you're in for a real treat!

That snide little comment aside, I do highly recommend Clear and Present Danger and Without Remorse.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:If you enjoy middle class, white male fantasy where your "average Joe" ends up becoming the President of the United States, you're in for a real treat!

That snide little comment aside, I do highly recommend Clear and Present Danger and Without Remorse.

That doesn't sound particularly appealing, tbh.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM by Deacon.)

Quote:That doesn't sound particularly appealing, tbh.

I should also put in there that the books are very "tech" heavy. That may be something you like.

Regardless of all of that, the man made himself a pile of money doing something that he liked. You have to admire him for that.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I should also put in there that the books are very "tech" heavy. That may be something you like.

Tech heavy is something I'd like. Worst case, I find that I don't like the books and move on. Nothing wrong with giving it a shot after playing games based on them for years.

Quote:Tech heavy is something I'd like. Worst case, I find that I don't like the books and move on. Nothing wrong with giving it a shot after playing games based on them for years.

If you like Splinter Cell, try Without Remorse and tell me if Mr. Clark doesn't seem real familiar.

If you like Ghost Recon, try Clear and Present Danger.

Now I've got more books for my reading list.

I'm in the same boat as Unravel played the games never read his books.

Quote:If you like Splinter Cell, try Without Remorse and tell me if Mr. Clark doesn't seem real familiar.

Clear and Present Danger it is then.

Being the youngin' that I am, I first learned about Tom Clancy from a TV show on the Discovery Channel that he'd often appear on, and became more familiar with the Tom Clancy tactical first-person shooters.

This is definitely a hit to the video game industry considering Clancy's games were only designed the way he wanted them to, and they were often great games.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:If you like Splinter Cell, try Without Remorse and tell me if Mr. Clark doesn't seem real familiar.

If you hate the Environmental Movement then pick up Rainbow Six.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yuuuupppp!!!

One of my favorite authors. I've read most, if not all, of his stuff. The first half of his books is hard to get through as he builds the story with many different characters but when all the different storylines start pulling together it's hard to put the book down.

Regards..................the Chiefjag