Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:Not for a top 10 LT who's going to demand 10 million + a year in FA.

Yeah, I'm guessing a second and a conditional pick or something. He's due a decent deal and they just let people go for Flacco's deal.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess this makes sense if we had no intention of re-signing Monroe, but dag this came out of nowhere

Quote:1st, 3rd, and 5th and we have a winner.

Quote:Way too much, Id be happy with a 2,3 and 5.

not exactly "way too much". Monroe was a top 10 pick and he's lived up to the billing. 

Quote:Question:

Who's our RT now, especially with the poor performance our line has provided the last 4 games.

Who needs an O-line right now when we keep breaking the betting odds every other week.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Not for a top 10 LT who's going to demand 10 million + a year in FA.

He wasnt getting 10+ in FA, but I agree he is in the 7-11 range of LTs.

Looks like Caldwell is going all in for Bridgewater.

Quote:Thats the one thing that I actually do like about it right off the bat....

Tells us that no way was Monroe expected to re-sign in the offseason. 

I guess we now need a ORT....again......who are some of the good ones in the draft?

Mathews Texas A&M

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Wow!!!! 

Gutsy move by Caldwell, but I think I like the aggressiveness. 

Better be a 1st though

Quote:The only thing I don't like about it is the trading partner....

Usually when you trade with teams like Baltimore, New England etc etc, you lose. 

When you trade with teams like Oakland, Arizona, etc etc you win the trades. 

You have beaten the MJD trade (or lack of) to death as of late.  You ricicule the Jags for not getting value for him when he was in your eyes, "tradable"......

Now, the Jags follow your formula to a "T" and you want to critique the move?

You lose all credibility when you start pulling crap like that.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:not exactly "way too much". Monroe was a top 10 pick and he's lived up to the billing. 

I agree, but I just dont see the ravens giving up a whole draft for Monroe.

Quote:Who needs an O-line right now when we keep breaking the betting odds every other week.

I don't like Gabbert but I don't want him to end up at Baptist either.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Joeckels old teammate Jake Matthews (Bruce Matthews kid)

Is he strictly a RT? Since Joeckel will now be firmly entrenched as an OLT (good thing, IMO) we need to get a RT that is the players natural position

Quote:You have beaten the MJD trade (or lack of) to death as of late.  You ricicule the Jags for not getting value for him when he was in your eyes, "tradable"......

Seems to me like he likes the move if the return is good.

Can they just outright say they're taking the season now?

Quote:Is he strictly a RT? Since Joeckel will now be firmly entrenched as an OLT (good thing, IMO) we need to get a RT that is the players natural position
Well for 2 years he played RT while Joeckel played LT.

Quote:You have beaten the MJD trade (or lack of) to death as of late.  You ricicule the Jags for not getting value for him when he was in your eyes, "tradable"......

not really critiquing it, settle down. I already said I like the boldness of it. Just concerned a bit with the historical success of the trading partner. 

Quote:Seems to me like he likes the move if the return is good.

Yes. This ^^^^

If we werent guarenteed Bridgewater before, we sure are now.

Rejoice!!!!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 10:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Mathews Texas A&M
Do you want Bridgewater?  Mathews will be a top 5 pick

I'd be afraid that a Matthews draft pick might mean Johnny football being the next pick :teehee: 

Quote:Wow, not only had it better be a first, it had better be stipulated that if they make the playoffs it's more than a first. At least a first and a second in that case, better yet two firsts.
Dude - you're high.  There's absolutely no way we're getting two 1st round picks for a good, but not great LT.  I'd be surprised if we get a first.  I would expect a second and fourth or fifth.