Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Theres gonna be a lot of outrage at this deal, but I encourage those people to look at it like this:

For whatever reason, Dave was not going to resign Monroe. Its better to get something for him than letting him walk for free.

Plus we are locks for Teddy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If its for nothing better than a fourth + junk, this is a TERRIBLE trade and my opinion of Caldwell will PLUMMET.

If a 1st or 2nd aren't involved, Horrible trade.
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

It is probably gonna be a good idea to keep away from the sports talk stations and this messageboard for a few days, I would say, if this trade is seriously for some late round picks...

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We get a bunch of 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks. This has got to be the BIGGEST TROLL EVER.

WHERE'S GENE SMITH AT? THIS HAS GOT TO BE HIM IN DISGUISE!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I was hoping for at least a 2nd + a 3rd....wow

Exactly what I said last week. Caldwell knows he can't keep young talent because they won't stay, so he trades them for next to nothing.

This is why i say we will never be a competitor because our decent talent will never want to stay here.

So let's see we lose Monroe and they get Oher and Monroe for players that would never make their roster anyways.

This is why I am sick of this team.

I hope the 3rd day pick rumors are a rumor.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Theres gonna be a lot of outrage at this deal, but I encourage those people to look at it like this:

For whatever reason, Dave was not going to resign Monroe. Its better to get something for him than letting him walk for free.

Dude... you don't make trades like this. Rounds 4-7 usually net back up role players and Eugene was very good. Why wouldn't you want to resign him?

One 2nd with two 3rds would be nice. Three 3rds would be ok as well.

I won't be happy if they are 3rd day picks.

We could get more in terms of compensatory picks for letting him walk.

Multiple 3rd day picks? I'll be back after I push some kid off a swing.

Quote:I won't be happy if they are 3rd day picks.

This

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

If he didn't get at least a 2nd people will flip their wigs

How long till we find out what the actual picks are?

Quote:Theres gonna be a lot of outrage at this deal, but I encourage those people to look at it like this:

The being locks for Teddy is the only good thing if its just crappy 3rd day picks...

we would have been better off just franchising Monroe...might have got more in return trading him at that point instead. 

Assuming we get a pick from Seattle for D'Anthony Smith, and including the Detriot pick for Mike Thomas, my guess is that we will now have at least ten picks in this draft. This is what smart GM's do.

Didn't we get Detroit's fourth-round pick for Mike Thomas?

Quote:I won't be happy if they are 3rd day picks.

^ This.

And you want this guy in charge of selecting a potential franchise QB. SMH
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 10:15 PM by Jinjo.)

I posted this in the big Monroe trade thread, but its likely buried already.

Theres gonna be a lot of outrage at this deal, but I encourage those people to look at it like this:

For whatever reason, Dave was not going to resign Monroe. Its better to get something for him than letting him walk for free. His reasons for letting him walk, who knows? The point being he is not in the future plans, you could get a 5th round compensation pick next year, or multiple late round picks this year.

Now you can criticize his decision for not wanting to keep him around, and I certinley do, but we dont know how much Monroe is asking for. Monroe also could have quietley wanted out, we probably will never know.

Plus, Monroe only has 12 games left on his contract, if you are in trade talks with a team that obviously means you arent planning on keeping that player around, why would they give up premium picks to a player they know will be available at the end of this season?

At least now we are DEFINITLEY guaranteed Teddy.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 10:13 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Assuming we get a pick from Seattle for D'Anthony Smith, and including the Detriot pick for Mike Thomas, my guess is that we will now have at least ten picks in this draft. This is what smart GM's do.

Didn't we get Detroit's fourth-round pick for Mike Thomas?
D. Smith was cut nullifying the trade. We have a extra 5th from the Lions.