Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Oh times, they are a changin'...

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

R.I.P. Blaine Gabbert.

You might not have been a decent QB.  You might have felt phantom pressure all the time.  But to die so young.  Sorry it happened like this.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Considering the current need for LT's in the NFL,    the Jaguars should get at least the equivalent 1st Round pick for Eugene Monroe.    

In the case of the Baltimore Ravens,    I'm assuming that Ozzie Newsome plans on keeping Monroe around a long time.    Bryant McKinnie isn't getting any younger and has major weight and conditioning issues in the past.

Without even knowing the terms of the trade,   what Dave Caldwell did reminds me of the trade G.M. Martin Mayhew made with the Cowboys when he took over for Matt Millen in Detroit during the 2008 season.     The Lions got 1st,  3rd,  and 6th Round picks from the Cowboys for WR Roy Williams and a 7th Round pick.    This trade went along way in the Lions going 0-16 and then selecting Franchise QB Matthew Stafford with pick # 1 in 2009.      Clearly,  Caldwell is thinking that it's a priority to get a key Franchise piece in place,  in 2014.      

D6 great point.  I personally think Monroe is valued more than Roy Williams was......Detroit got a 1st, 3rd, 6th because jerry jones is a moron. Ozzie is no fool. I hope we at least get a second. PLEASE LET IT BE A SECOND.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:I never liked the pick.

But there was a large faction who loved it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Don't understand the logic here

If its only 3rd day picks, this is freaking awful

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 10:20 PM by knarnn.)

Tony Khan:

"Two high end tackles are the new thing, we are getting ahead of the curb"

Trade Monroe.

Lies.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 10:23 PM by Tuxedo.)

Everyone needs to keep in mind that we're getting something for someone who obviously wasn't in the future plans. Also remember these picks could be 2015 conditional third day picks that could rise if he resigns with the Ravens.

Sounds like they're 2014 draft picks.

Quote:R.I.P. Blaine Gabbert.

You might not have been a decent QB.  You might have felt phantom pressure all the time.  But to die so young.  Sorry it happened like this.

I actually laughed out loud at this.

3rd day picks what a Joke, What if Luke Joekel is not as good as Monroe?

Why dont they want to resign Monroe? He has been very good on and off the field is young only 25, is it only cuz he didnt draft him? Is Blackmon and Shorts next to be traded? 

I hope Caldwell isnt another guy who thinks only his guys are good, but yet they stick with Gabbert what a joke.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I posted this in the big Monroe trade thread, but its likely buried already.

Theres gonna be a lot of outrage at this deal, but I encourage those people to look at it like this:

For whatever reason, Dave was not going to resign Monroe. Its better to get something for him than letting him walk for free. His reasons for letting him walk, who knows? The point being he is not in the future plans, you could get a 5th round compensation pick next year, or multiple late round picks this year.

Now you can criticize his decision for not wanting to keep him around, and I certinley do, but we dont know how much Monroe is asking for. Monroe also could have quietley wanted out, we probably will never know.

Plus, Monroe only has 12 games left on his contract, if you are in trade talks with a team that obviously means you arent planning on keeping that player around, why would they give up premium picks to a player they know will be available at the end of this season?

At least now we are DEFINITLEY guaranteed Teddy.
This is what I think

Everyone, let's wait for the official stuff. Right now this only makes very little sense. Give it some time.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

LOL wow. this franchise. idk what to say.

I think he might of quietly wanted out!

Quote:Tony Khan:

"Two high end tackles are the new thing, we are getting ahead of the curb"Trade Monroe.

Lies.

Is he the GM?

When Gabbert heard about this, he called Chad Henne and tried to tell him he could have the starting job.

...Unfortunately Henne heard the news first, and had already bolted.  Ricky Stanzi's number was also busy.  Gabbert then proceeded to call Justin Blackmon up and ask him for advice on getting a DUI and a nice suspension.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Everyone needs to keep in mind that we're getting something for someone who obviously wasn't in the future plans. Also remember these picks could be 2015 conditional third day picks that could rise if he resigns with the Ravens.

Yes, I understand that.....but you have to weigh that vs the options the Jags did have, like waiting and franchising him if need be, or trading him at that point....which would have still been an option. 

Jumping on a bad deal just because he wasn't in the future plans isn't the smartest way to do business. 

I'm just hoping the 3rd day pick thing is false. 

The intellectual minority will understand.

As for the rest.......

Derp!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Regardless of what we got, I'd like to say thanks to Monroe for his very solid play for us, even though we didn't do jack while he was here. I liked him as a player. Also seemed like a good guy in all the interviews I saw of him.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Any word on when the official picks will be released?