Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

I dont want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but Monroe to the browns doesnt really make sense. Isnt Joe Thomas the highest paid LT in the league? He makes over 11 M a year, the Browns wouldnt be able to match what the market would pay for Monroe.  The browns know that, so i doubt they would trade a 3rd round pick for a player they know is going to leave in 12 weeks for more money. Sounds like theyre going for some good PR to make up for the Richardson deal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We can't average 21 points the last two years. No nothing better would of came.

Nice avi....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:...for a lesser player, playing a non premium position, I'd agree

and, Once approached, wouldn't it have then been good to do some due diligence/ shopping of the player at that point - to try and up the ante?

I find it hard to believe that they didn't...

For everyone who thinks they have it figured out, and Caldwell jumped on the very first offer he got without speaking with anyone else -- maybe it is not NEARLY as cut and dry as you all think it is.

Or maybe Monroe's value has been grossly overstated on this board.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran‏<span style="color:rgb(187,187,187);">@ryanohalloran</span></a>
</div>
<p class="" style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif;font-size:22px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:For everyone who thinks they have it figured out, and Caldwell jumped on the very first offer he got without speaking with anyone else -- maybe it is not NEARLY as cut and dry as you all think it is.

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;margin-left:58px;">
<div>Ryan O'Halloran‏<span style="color:rgb(187,187,187);">@ryanohalloran</span>
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif;font-size:22px;">Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called #Jaguars before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.

</div>
Well that should cause some pause for these know-it-alls.

Quote:Nice avi....

Thank you
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:For everyone who thinks they have it figured out, and Caldwell jumped on the very first offer he got without speaking with anyone else -- maybe it is not NEARLY as cut and dry as you all think it is.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">45]
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran<span style="color:rgb(187,187,187);">@ryanohalloran</span></a>

Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'><span style="color:rgb(102,181,210);">#

Jaguars</a> before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.
</span>

/grabs popcorn

Quote:Well that should cause some pause for these know-it-alls.
No no, that wont fit into the propaganda they are trying to give out.

To really think that they didnt shop him around and the Ravens were the only team that was talked to is crazy.  He assumes Monroe is automatically going to sign with the Ravens, but he isnt smart enough to think the Jaguars shopped the offer around to anyone else?  Guy is laughable.

I ain't dealin with Lombardo

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 11:47 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

People over value our players. But hey I am one to do that as well. I think Blackmon will be the closest thing we can come to Jimmy. And hope Jimmy makes Hof.

#Gojags

Quote:Thank you

yeah, I always liked that avatar. Now your sig......needs work....

<div style="font-size:14px;margin-left:58px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
<div>Ryan O'Halloran‏<span style="color:rgb(187,187,187);">@ryanohalloran</span>
</div>
<p style="font-size:22px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif;">Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called #Jaguars before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.

</div>

Good catch

;

;

<div style="margin-left:58px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">
</div>
<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif;font-size:22px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called #Jaguars before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.

</div>

almost everyone was suspicious of the report yesterday as to why the browns would even be interested seeing as they have a franchise LT and just drafted an RT early, and with that in mind, the browns offering less than the ravens isnt really that surprising. im curious why the browns are sending false reports though.

Quote:almost everyone was suspicious of the report yesterday as to why the browns would even be interested seeing as they have a franchise LT and just drafted an RT early, and with that in mind, the browns offering less than the ravens isnt really that surprising. im curious why the browns are sending false reports though.

Suspicious of the report that an offer was made -- yet apparently that suspicion may have been misplaced, if O'Halloran's correct. 

Regardless, this shoots a hole in the theory that Caldwell dealt solely with one team without speaking with others.

But here's what I do know:

There are so many various reports circling out there that anyone who thinks they have it all figured out actually has no idea of what really went down.

On Wisconsin.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 12:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Suspicious of the report that an offer was made -- yet apparently that suspicion may have been misplaced, if O'Halloran's correct. 

Regardless, this shoots a hole in the theory that Caldwell dealt solely with one team without speaking with others.

But here's what I do know:

There are so many various reports circling out there that anyone who thinks they have it all figured out actually has no idea of what really went down.

were you drinking the teal fireball shots last night, carly?... :whistling:

Quote:were you drinking the teal fireball shots last night, carly?... :whistling:

Actually, beer at the Coyotes season opener. 

I learned the hard way that Thursdays and Fireball don't mix as well as I want them to.

On Wisconsin.

Anyone defending this move is a complete maroon.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Anyone defending this move is a complete maroon.

:whistling:
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:yeah, I always liked that avatar. Now your sig......needs work....

No that's the name of my show. Never be number one. But fact we can help people and reach out. Is all that matters.

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 01:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Actually, beer at the Coyotes season opener. 

I learned the hard way that Thursdays and Fireball don't mix as well as I want them to.

Heck, Thursdays?.........

they also don't mix too well on Sunday-fundays, either.....as I have found out the hard way for early Monday AM, for work....ugh....