Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 01:05 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

Quote:Brandon Albert who is better than Monroe and has a similar contract situation received a 3rd round pick as an offer from the most desperate GM in the NFL this past offseason.

All those who are blasting Caldwell for not getting value keep ignoring this fact.
Exactly.... thanks for proving my point. And no Albert is not better.

Quote:And it was debunked by the Jaguars beat writer for the T-U.
but talks never reached that stage:

Because the bum GM is just that...a bum.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I am making assumptions? No, that would be you. You are assuming Luke will be a good player based on his draft position.

So far, I am not impressed.

But we KNOW Monroe was a good player, still young, he was just expensive.

I would take the KNOWN quality of Monroe, rather than hoping Luke grows into a good LT, and also trying to

find a decent RT, along with Guard, along with Center....

They should have offered Monroe, and let Luke grow into a RT, that is supposedly why he was drafted.

He wasn't even doing that well, but let it play out.

The spin going on is incredible.

There is no reason to let a young good LT walk for money, not when we are millions under the cap.
Monroe was not even the best lineman on a weak unit. Call it spin all you want, but he wasn't playing well.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I'm not sure why some of you are getting so defensive. Caldwell made a bad move it happens. No one is even bashing him. Yet some of yall are getting legitimately angry. lol 

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

Quote:Monroe was not even the best lineman on a weak unit. Call it spin all you want, but he wasn't playing well.

Wait, what? Laughing talk about white washing history

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 04:19 PM by Ratix240sx.)

Quote:Wait, what? Laughing talk about white washing history
Rackley is clearly the best lol At this point I think they are just trolling for lulz.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

Quote:Rackley is clearly the best lol At this point I think they are just trolling for lulz.

I'm hoping I read that wrong or he typed it wrong? I'd be curious to know who he thinks the best lineman on that unit was?

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 04:40 PM by Setsuna00.)

I'm not angry Jags parted with Monroe, just angry at the compensation. As we saw in the Rams game, there wasn't that much of a difference to his absence. Joeckel's either. God help him to a speedy recovery.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 04:43 PM by Ratix240sx.)

Quote:I'm not angry Jags parted with Monroe, just angry at the compensation. As we saw in the Rams game, there wasn't that much of a difference to his absence. Joeckel's either. God help him to a speedy recovery.

oops i ment the people defending the trade lol

Quote:Yes, I understand that.....but you have to weigh that vs the options the Jags did have, like waiting and franchising him if need be, or trading him at that point....which would have still been an option. 

Jumping on a bad deal just because he wasn't in the future plans isn't the smartest way to do business. 

I'm just hoping the 3rd day pick thing is false. 

Bashes Jags for getting picks.

Quote:When you have the franchise QB already on your roster, its a lot easier to withstand wasted 1st round picks. 
Defends Colts for wasting higher picks.

How does that saying go? It speaks volumes.....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Bashes Jags for getting picks.

Defends Colts for wasting higher picks.

How does that saying go? It speaks volumes.....

LOL, yeah....just goes to show that people with an agenda will stretch anything to try and make their point. 

Nothing I said in what you had quoted was incorrect. I guess the truth hurts. The Jags quote was a "bash" to you? You must be thinner skinned than Jerry Jones after his 7th lift! and, if the Jags ever do get that franchise QB, I'd make the same comment towards them as I did with the Colts there.

See, because unlike some of you i,e, before trade "Monroe is a top 10 Tackle" , after trade "he wasn't even the best OL on our roster". my Jags takes stay consistent...

Oh, and by the way, you openly stated that you like the Texans....whereas I dislike ANY Jags division rival.  So, I'd get off that high horse. 

Anyone want to take a hindsight review of this thread?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It is funny how rollerjag said Monroe was not even the best lineman on a weak unit.

Monroe would likely be a Raven right now had we traded him or not. Also, Colvin!

I know it might make the board implode by revealing this....but I think both teams and the player got a good deal out of the trade. Everybody won.

I know that doesn't mesh with some of the agendas around here (which is probably why I feel that way to begin with), but I think it's true. It worked out in everyone's favor.

Quote:I know it might make the board implode by revealing this....but I think both teams and the player got a good deal out of the trade. Everybody won.

I know that doesn't mesh with some of the agendas around here (which is probably why I feel that way to begin with), but I think it's true. It worked out in everyone's favor.
No, most people here get that.  It's the segment that hated Monroe until he was traded, then suddenly he was the 2nd coming of Tony Boselli.  They will never agree to that mindset.  But, the Jaguars got something for a player they were likely not going to re-sign.  They parlayed that draft pick into a guy who looks like he's going to wind up being our long term solution at CB.  Baltimore got a starting LT who is better than average, although not nearly as good as some here are trying to spin him to be.  Everybody benefited. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The Ravens have taken Daryl Smith and Monroe. Whose next? Lewis?
we can only wish

Quote:I know it might make the board implode by revealing this....but I think both teams and the player got a good deal out of the trade. Everybody won.

So let me get this straight. We have a swiss cheese o line and somehow you think this trade worked out for us? Lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:So let me get this straight. We have a swiss cheese o line and somehow you think this trade worked out for us? Lol

Aaron Colvin is going to be a stud. Eugene would have walked anyways. Caldwell wouldn't pay him the money he wants with Luke in the wings.

One of Caldwells worse moves since he arrived, I don't care who tries to spin it as a win it wasn't.

I thought Roger Goodell mandated a statute of limitations on how long a trade can be discussed.

The time limit just expired. Time to get over it and move on. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.