Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
THE Tony Romo Thread

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016, 12:21 AM by GlockBortles.)

Alright since i feel like i keep having discussions about the possibility of Tony Romo in all these random threads all over the place i thought itd be best to have one thread for the discussion. I figure this will become more active when the seasons over but for now itll keep whatever contained. So lets use this thread for news and updates on Tony and his future within the NFL, and the prospect of him becoming a Jaguar Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You can lose your time just as easily with first round qb too. Unless hes a surefire hit from day one youre still going to lose games and wait for him to develop. And if he never develops then youve wasted this entire window of talent and then we'd really have to blow everything up.

Money isnt really a problem for us and its not like hes gonna ask for the farm anyway, at this point hes not playing for a check hes playing for a ring. We could easily stay within a healthy cap with his contract. And you dont lose the ability to develop a back up that can take over for romo, you can still have a qb sit behind him.

And our roster isnt as young and inexperienced as youre making it seem. What key players do we have that dont have enough playing experience that they would be lost in the playoffs? Most of the team is built off free agents that have already been in the league for quite awhile and the rest of our starters arent bushy tailed newbies like youre making them out to be. The allens, linder, telvin, cyp? all guys that have multiple years in the league and for the most part know what theyre doing. All that leaves is the last draft class and the next one but two of our first 3 draft picks that start already were top 5 talents and one of them has been performing like one since he stepped in the building. Jack and Yannick are the unknowns but every team has young players so i dont know why everyone else can manage but for some reason youre implying all of our players need to be 4 years deep in the league for us to have a chance at winning anything.

Romo isnt past his prime, that would imply hes worse than he used to be which just isnt true. Hes still the same player hes always been, which idk if you know this, but thats a really good quarterback. His health is the IF, an enormous IF that should rightfully make someone cautious about him, but its not much different than the concerns about peyton manning and that turned out alright.

This isnt that hard, you pay romo what you think he deserves, what you think is a fair amount of money to risk for the upside that he can offer. He can potentially offer two years of really great quarterback play alongside a *hopefully* better coached team of talented players. He can offer wins, WINS, you know those things we dont have, those things that help you get to the superbowl, those things our best player is literally in tears about on the sideline, WINS.

And if he doesnt? Well then we didnt really lose anything, since we dont have anything to lose in the first place.
Quote:We have a huge free agent haul coming up, basically all of our good players need to get locked down, but we havent given them a single thing that should motivate them to stay here.

These guys are literally wrecking their bodies every day to win, why in the world would they stay to be apart of this? We dont have time for another rookie qb to throw into the fire, we need to win now before we lose all the guys we drafted to other teams and were stuck doing this whole thing all over again.

Here here.

I'm indifferent on Romo. If we sign him? Cool. If we don't? Oh well. To me it only prolongs the inevitable. Eventually you have to find you a young gun who can take over the offense whether that be Bortles or someone else. But Romo is just a big fat bandaid.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Worst thing is if we sign him, we will be losing in the national spotlight. I prefer remaining irrelevant while losing. It is slightly less embarrassing.

Plus, Romo wants to win a ring. Jerruh Jones and the Cowboys respect Tony Romo and will give him input on where he will be traded. Why the hell would he pick Jacksonville?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Worst thing is if we sign him, we will be losing in the national spotlight. I prefer remaining irrelevant while losing. It is slightly less embarrassing.
acting pathetic is a pretty bad gimmick i think you should give it up

36 year old qb who's been IR'd 3 times in 2 seasons behind the best oline in football.

I'm sure he'd do way better in Jacksonville, even though Bortles has been the most sacked QB in the league over the last 3 years.

Our offensive line is absolutely godawful and is clearly the weakest link on the team besides QB. Tony Romo would be a waste of money here. Might as well give him a Broncos jersey now and get it over with.

Quote:36 year old qb who's been IR'd 3 times in 2 seasons behind the best oline in football.

I'm sure he'd do way better in Jacksonville, even though Bortles has been the most sacked QB in the league over the last 3 years.

Our offensive line is absolutely godawful and is clearly the weakest link on the team besides QB. Tony Romo would be a waste of money here. Might as well give him a Broncos jersey now and get it over with.

I mostly agree with this post.

I'm down for Romo being our QB.

Quote:I'm sure he'd do way better in Jacksonville, even though Bortles has been the most sacked QB in the league over the last 3 years.

This is only because Blake has the most pass attempts over the last 3 years. The oline has given up a sack on 5.25% of his drop backs, good for 15th in the league.

Combine that with our 17th best yards per carry attempt and I think it's safe to say that our oline is pretty much exactly average...far from absolutely godawful. 

No
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I know it's hard times down there but this isn't your answer.

And people complain about the underperforming free agents we currently sign? There's no chance Tony Romo ever plays for the Jaguars, but if he did every person who advocates for it today would have their torches and pitchforks out for the GM who signed him the minute he goes on IR again.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm down for Romo being our QB.

He'd be down too, probably a paraplegic.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016, 09:48 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Romo to Denver is basically a LOCK at this point.

John Elways entire successful GM legacy will be based on poaching former all-pro QBs who were replaced by young guys. God bless him

Quote:Worst thing is if we sign him, we will be losing in the national spotlight. I prefer remaining irrelevant while losing. It is slightly less embarrassing.

Plus, Romo wants to win a ring. Jerruh Jones and the Cowboys respect Tony Romo and will give him input on where he will be traded. Why the hell would he pick Jacksonville?

I feel bad saying this but I almost agree with everything you said.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

This.  No way JJ trades Romo to the Jags. He likes him too much.

I realize this is a Romo thread but they need to find someone younger like McCarron.  He played well in the playoffs when Dalton was out.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016, 02:52 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:36 year old qb who's been IR'd 3 times in 2 seasons behind the best oline in football.

a huge portion of those sacks came from seasons where the line was much worse than it currently is, on top of the fact that blake is throwing the ball a ton because our current staff cant be consistent with the running game. Also because blake sucks, cant get the ball out efficiently, or avoid sacks.

Quote:Romo to Denver is basically a LOCK at this point.

John Elways entire successful GM legacy will be based on poaching former all-pro QBs who were replaced by young guys. God bless him

I still believe that the Jets could be major competition for Tony Romo's services,  despite a roster that appears to be a long way off from Super Bowl contention.