Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
THE Tony Romo Thread

We need him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: I still believe that the Jets could be major competition for Tony Romo's services, despite a roster that appears to be a long way off from Super Bowl contention.
I think the Jets will make a strong push cause they want to sell tickets. Their roster is real bad though.

Quote:I think the Jets will make a strong push cause they want to sell tickets. Their roster is real bad though.

Agreed,  

In addition,  Woody Johnson has never been comfortable with the type of rebuilding that the Jets need.   Johnson seems far too affected by what the co-tenant Giants do,  instead of doing what's in the best interest of the Jets.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2016, 12:16 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Romo is a really good qb.  So if he could be had ya take a flier on him.  If nothing else he can mentor Blake to be 100 times better then he is now.   However a healthy romo is much better then blake. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Romo is a really good qb

You lost me right here

Quote:Romo is a really good qb. So if he could be had ya take a flier on him. If nothing else he can mentor Blake to be 100 times better then he is now. However a healthy romo is much better then blake.

Healty Romo is as common as the Yeti, Loch Ness Monster and the Unicorn.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2016, 11:13 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:You lost me right here

If you don't think Romo is a good QB, the you haven't been watching a lot of football over the past 10-12 years, the guy is a Superbowl win from being HOF worthy

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2016, 12:42 PM by ZNation484.)

Quote:If you don't think Romo is a good QB, the you haven't been watching a lot of football over the past 10-12 years, the guy is a Superbowl win from being HOF worthy
I have been watching a lot of football for the last 10-12 years and I don't think he's much more than an average or slightly above average QB. Super Bowl win? How many playoff wins does he even have? And at age 36 coming off those injuries he's definitely not the answer.

Seriously....the guy is 2-4 in the playoffs and you think he's HOF-worthy? Just wow....

Quote:If you don't think Romo is a good QB, the you haven't been watching a lot of football over the past 10-12 years, the guy is a Superbowl win from being HOF worthy

The question then becomes,  is Tony Romo still a good QB?  

Wear and tear,  plus age,  are huge concerns with Romo moving forward.   Because of injury alone,  he missed more games in 2015 and 2016 than he played.   This happened behind arguably the best Offensive Line in the NFL.   

HOF for what?  Countless chokes in the playoffs?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Sign him, don't sign him, either way Bortles will be the starter by week 2 when Room is down for the season. May as well keep Bortles as the starter

So is there actually talk about Tony Romo becoming a Jaguar, or is it just something that some fans like the idea of?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:So is there actually talk about Tony Romo becoming a Jaguar, or is it just something that some fans like the idea of?

There has been at least some media speculation about the fit between the two parties:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footba...-1.2876095

Quote:So is there actually talk about Tony Romo becoming a Jaguar, or is it just something that some fans like the idea of?
Hes most likely not going to be on the cowboys after this season.

Ahh, so there's no official talk, just a bit of speculation. That's cool.. we don't get all the news over here so I go by what's on this message board and or Twitter.

Thanks.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Ahh, so there's no official talk, just a bit of speculation. That's cool.. we don't get all the news over here so I go by what's on this message board and or Twitter.

Thanks.

My pleasure.

Another writer brought up the possibility but he's more skeptical of the fit:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_...bs-in-2017

Romo gets hurt too often...no thanks.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I have been watching a lot of football for the last 10-12 years and I don't think he's much more than an average or slightly above average QB. Super Bowl win? How many playoff wins does he even have? And at age 36 coming off those injuries he's definitely not the answer.

Seriously....the guy is 2-4 in the playoffs and you think he's HOF-worthy? Just wow....
Lets start with the basics. Tony Romo when healthy, is a much better QB than Cam Newton.

Romos playoff record is an indication more of how his teams were than he was. 10 years ago in his first couple seasons he helped the losses but anything in the last 5 years has been in spite of him, not cause of him.

And lastly, Newton has very simular stats to Bortles this year outside of rushing. Is Bortles HOF worthy? Then how in the world do you think Cam is.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I would love Romo here, but we need serious protections from injuries tho. He would surely make us a playoff team tho if he could stay upright.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 04:12 AM by ZNation484.)

Quote:Lets start with the basics. Tony Romo when healthy, is a much better QB than Cam Newton.

Romos playoff record is an indication more of how his teams were than he was. 10 years ago in his first couple seasons he helped the losses but anything in the last 5 years has been in spite of him, not cause of him.

And lastly, Newton has very simular stats to Bortles this year outside of rushing. Is Bortles HOF worthy? Then how in the world do you think Cam is.
You need to "start with the basics" of reading fundamentals.

What the hell is wrong with you? I never said anything about Cam Newton being HOF-worthy (please quote me if I did) in this post. I never even said anything at all about Cam in the post but you decide it's necessary to take a shot at me and my QB?

Furthermore....the points you are trying to make in your attempt to rip Cam and build up Romo are laughable.

Losing so much has really made a majority of you so quick to be unnecessary defensive and it really makes you look dumb.