Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
THE Tony Romo Thread

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 04:47 AM by ZNation484.)

[quote name="HandsomeRob86" post="902912" timestamp="1480398579"]

This post is just too magical. So I wanted to look at it more.

Lets start with the basics. (Let's see how basic this post really is)

Tony Romo when healthy

(love the "when healthy" caviat you tossed on there. Starting right out from a position of strength considering most of us here have to do some hard thinking to remember him not injured. When exactly is he healthy these days? The guy has been IR-rd three times recently)

is a much better QB than Cam Newton.

(Oh boy! So you're making a comparison of a QB's 10 year career to a QB's 5 year career and saying Romo is much better? Holler back when this is an apples to apples comparison and let's talk. I like my guy's chance, especially since his playoff record is already well past Romo's will ever be.)

Romos playoff record is an indication more of how his teams were than he was. 10 years ago in his first couple seasons he helped the losses but anything in the last 5 years has been in spite of him, not cause of him.

(Romo is 1-1 in the playoffs in the last 5 years. In the loss his team scored 3 points. So you're trying to tell me a QB leads his team to a whopping 3 points in a playoff loss but that was in spite of him? And seriously, one playoff appearance in five years isn't very good)

And lastly, Newton has very simular stats to Bortles this year outside of rushing.

(Newsflash: if you're going to evaluate a player based on stats you can't just take away one whole category that makes him one of the top QBs. His rushing stats count too. If you have to cherry pick to make a point then you're not really making a point. How ridiculously dumb)

very simular stats to Bortles this year outside of rushing. Is Bortles HOF worthy? Then how in the world do you think Cam is.

(And then of course the whole point, I never said anything about Cam being a HOF QB. You decided to make that up to talk trash. Clearly you were more interested in taking a shot and less worried about making any valid points. However, you failed miserably and should be ashamed.)

/quote]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You need to "start with the basics" of reading fundamentals.

What the hell is wrong with you? I never said anything about Cam Newton being HOF-worthy (please quote me if I did) in this post. I never even said anything at all about Cam in the post but you decide it's necessary to take a shot at me and my QB?

Furthermore....the points you are trying to make in your attempt to rip Cam and build up Romo are laughable.

Losing so much has really made a majority of you so quick to be unnecessary defensive
and it really makes you look dumb.
Oh the irony. I apologize tho, I shouldn't kick you guys while your down. But you are crazy about Cam. And obviously not objective about Romo. He is a borderline Elite QB when healthy. High completion percent, great YPA, great TD:INT ratio. Has really gotten good at 4th quarter comebacks (unlike say 8+ years ago).

Its amazing how many people think he sucks just because he got injured the last couple years, and/or remember him throwing game losing int in 2008 or before. The cowboys went from a 12 win team to a 4 win team when he missed most of last season. I mean that wasn't all him, DeMarco Murray leaving hurt too, but still. Give the man his due, hes good. Now do I want him on the Jags? Only with injury protections, cause he is injury prone.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:[quote name="HandsomeRob86" post="902912" timestamp="1480398579"]

Lets start with the basics. (Let's see how basic this is)

Tony Romo when healthy (love the "when healthy" caviat you tossed on there. When exactly is he healthy these days? The guy has been IR-rd three times recently)

is a much better QB than Cam Newton. (Oh boy! So you're making a comparison of a QB's 10 year career to a QB's 5 year career and saying Romo is much better? Holler back when this is an apples to apples comparison and let's talk)

Romos playoff record is an indication more of how his teams were than he was. 10 years ago in his first couple seasons he helped the losses but anything in the last 5 years has been in spite of him, not cause of him. (Romo is 1-1 in the playoffs in the last 5 years. In the loss his team scored 3 points. So you're trying to tell me a QB leads his team to a whopping 3 points in a playoff loss but that was in spite of him?

And lastly, Newton has very similar stats to Bortles this year outside of rushing. (But here's the thing, if you're going to evaluate a player based on stats you can't just take away one whole category that makes him one of the top QBs. His rushing stats count too. How ridiculously dumb)

(And then of course the whole point, I never said anything about Cam being a HOF QB. You decided to make that up to talk trash. Clearly you were more interested in taking a shot and less worried about making any valid points.)

/quote]
Now this is classic. Quoted for posterity.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Oh the irony. I apologize tho, I shouldn't kick you guys while your down. But you are crazy about Cam. And obviously not objective about Romo. He is a borderline Elite QB when healthy. High completion percent, great YPA, great TD:INT ratio. Has really gotten good at 4th quarter comebacks (unlike say 8+ years ago).

Its amazing how many people think he sucks just because he got injured the last couple years, and/or remember him throwing game losing int in 2008 or before. The cowboys went from a 12 win team to a 4 win team when he missed most of last season. I mean that wasn't all him, DeMarco Murray leaving hurt too, but still. Give the man his due, hes good. Now do I want him on the Jags? Only with injury protections, cause he is injury prone.

I wasn't talking about Cam to begin with, so what reason was there at all to "kick me" other than to be jerk?

I said the guy was an 8-12 range QB. But like you said that's "when health". Well he hasn't been healthy in a long time and he's 36.

But please....continue to make things up for your argument and keep talking about Cam for no reason. I do love some conversations about Cam

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 05:11 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Nope, no more on this one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!