Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcedes Hurt Again....(((((((Shocker)))))))

Quote:Jinjo he dropped quite a few TDs with Blaine throwing him the ball 2011 was especially bad Marcedes can't throw himself the ball but he is responsible for catching it

Yeah he had some drops which happened to be in the endzone, Cecil has had problems with drops as well. The fact that he dropped some passes does not mean he should be cut. He is an asset to the offense if we had an actual QB. First of all, he improves outside zone runs exponentially, and we want to run those a lot. He also has his uses in the passing game, but is not an athletic type of TE, which is okay. Im not saying we are set at the TE position, we need to get a Joker type TE similar to Eifert/Hernandez. But Marcedes is a big target and that should be taken advantage of.

We havent even seen how Fisch wants to use him yet, so how about we hold off judgement on whether he should be cut or not until after the season. If he plays like crap this year, then he should go, but I dont think he will.

Quote:But you're getting all huffy at TMD for no reason. You actually agree with him in a sense that Lewis hasn't lived up to that monster contract. The only way to get rid of that contract is to cut him at the end of the season.

Cut Lewis after the season, find an offensive minded TE (apparently they are everywhere these days) and move on.

Im saying TMD is dumb for pointing to this injury as something that should have been expected, and a reason for him to be gone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is it possible to trade Maurice Jones-Drew and M. Lewis for a great qb and a draft pick?

If you consider Brady Quinn a great QB and a 7th Rd pick in 2020 worth trading for? lol

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I want to apologize, because I was saying we shouldn't trade MJD and Lewis last year. But, I was wrong. We should have traded them last year and gotten some value from them. :\ Oh well, too late now.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

As disappointing as Marcedes has been, and as bad as i want him to leave, he seems like he'd be the type to find success on another team with a good QB. Remember how good he was Garrard? Imagine how good Marcedes could be with an elite QB like Manning or Rodgers?

Dial it back... rewind last year. Blaine actually made a good read and hit Marcedes in the hands on a seam route. Stone hands drop! That plays out over and over. He developed his blocking not his receiving over these years with our time.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Is it possible to trade Maurice Jones-Drew and M. Lewis for a great qb and a draft pick?

What world do you live in?

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Quote:Dial it back... rewind last year. Blaine actually made a good read and hit Marcedes in the hands on a seam route. Stone hands drop! That plays out over and over. He developed his blocking not his receiving over these years with our time.

He has a lower drop rate than Cecil.

And before you make the argument "well cecil had to make more difficult catches!", drops are only officially recorded if the catch is uncontested. For example, the 1st pick Gabbert throw doesnt officially count as a drop for Cecil.

Im all for criticizing Marcedes for what he lacks, speed, after the catch ability, lapses in concentration, but to hammer one player on an issue and ignore it for another is a double standard and shows people's agenda.

The one thing that seems near certain is Marcedes Lewis won't be on the Jaguars roster in 2014 under his current contract terms.      The only way I can see him remaining in Jacksonville is if he restructures his contract substantially.      Lewis likely will be on an NFL roster next season and might even be a starter.      But the big paydays are very likely over for him.      

Quote:....and this colossal waste of money is someone that Caldwell singled out as one of the "building blocks" going forward. :wacko: :pinch: :unsure: :confused:

Gives me pause regarding Caldwell's decision making...because it was clear to most Jags fans that actually have been paying attention that Marcedes was overrated and should have been shown the door last offseason. 

Hopefully its just a blip on Caldwell's resume. 

You act as though Caldwell should have known Lewis would get hurt. Its not like we have anyone to replace him anyways. 

Follow me on twitter @Demetrius82

Quote:....and this colossal waste of money is someone that Caldwell singled out as one of the "building blocks" going forward. :wacko: :pinch: :unsure: :confused:

Gives me pause regarding Caldwell's decision making...because it was clear to most Jags fans that actually have been paying attention that Marcedes was overrated and should have been shown the door last offseason. 

Hopefully its just a blip on Caldwell's resume. 

I'm confident Caldwell decided to keep him here because of his blocking ability. Our best offensive weapon being MJD and the need to buy Gabbert more time in the pocket necessitated keeping a blocking tight end on the roster. As far as blocking tight ends go he is top of the list.

On the other hand, why let Greg Jones go if you are going to feature MJD for much of the offense.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 05:19 PM by roycee.)

Quote:He has a lower drop rate than Cecil.

And before you make the argument "well cecil had to make more difficult catches!", drops are only officially recorded if the catch is uncontested. For example, the 1st pick Gabbert throw doesnt officially count as a drop for Cecil.

Im all for criticizing Marcedes for what he lacks, speed, after the catch ability, lapses in concentration, but to hammer one player on an issue and ignore it for another is a double standard and shows people's agenda.

Marcedes does not have a lower drop rate than Cecil. If you compare 2012 Marcedes had a higher drop rate. 

link: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

Cecil dropped one more pass than Marcedes while being targeted almost 30 times more than Marcedes Lewis was. So while Cecil had a higher number of drops, the actual rate at which they dropped passes, higher for Lewis.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 05:19 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:Marcedes does not have a lower drop rate than Cecil. If you compare 2012 Marcedes had a higher drop rate. 

link: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

PFF's list had Cecil over Marcedes. I trust them over whatever site that is.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM by roycee.)

Quote:PFF's list had Cecil over Marcedes. I trust them over whatever site that is.

The site I listed just took stats from stats llc and put them in a sortable table.

Stats llc is the official stats provider of the NFL, NBA, NCAA, etc. 

Quote:I want to apologize, because I was saying we shouldn't trade MJD and Lewis last year. But, I was wrong. We should have traded them last year and gotten some value from them. :\ Oh well, too late now.

Marcedes had very little value last year and MJD has had none for the last 3.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Once he's healthy, cut him. 

Quote:As disappointing as Marcedes has been, and as bad as i want him to leave, he seems like he'd be the type to find success on another team with a good QB. Remember how good he was Garrard? Imagine how good Marcedes could be with an elite QB like Manning or Rodgers?

no he wouldn't. Wake up, he's simply not as good as you delusionally think he is. 

If he was on a better team with a better QB, he'd merely be holding them back from what they could be with his play that simply isn't all that and hasn't been with the exception of the one single outlier season. 

Bradley said in his press conference last week that they did an MRI on his calf and it showed some scar tissue. Obviously there's some damage that was done to his calf and its more than your run of the mill "strain".
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

I don't care what the injury is....

just give the guy an injury settlement and then release him. He represents failures of the past regimes and is not worth even a fourth of his salary. 

It's time for the team to move on from Marcedes. If he's here again next year I will be disappointed and a little discouraged with Caldwell. In this new era I have hope that players will be held accountable, injured or not, Marcedes has done nothing to indicate his level of play is worth the money he's paid. It's another mistake by previous management that Caldwell needs to let go and move on from.

Quote:I don't care what the injury is....

just give the guy an injury settlement and then release him. He represents failures of the past regimes and is not worth even a fourth of his salary. 

Unless Marcedes Lewis wants to go to a contending team to the extent that he would play for less money,    there's no reason for him to accept an injury settlement.     Lewis is a vested veteran.    As a result,   the Jaguars owe Lewis his entire 2013 base salary because Lewis was on the regular season opening day roster.