Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Least Competitive Team In Modern History?

In all seriousness, I'm sadly asking the question after today. What are the chances we prove to be one of the (arguably THE) least competitive teams in modern NFL history?

28-2

19-9

45-17

34-3 (with a quarter to play)

That's 126 against in 4 games and only 31 for. That's in no way, shape, or form competitive after the 1st quarter (and that's even a stretch to say).

I am indeed in the club with the thought that we win 1-3 games for the mere fact that it's the NFL and to be horrible enough to lose 16 of 16 games isn't easy, but we aren't competitive at all.

I've looked up the expansion teams since 1995 as well as some other horrible teams that come to mind and counted the losses that were within 10 points (and thus can reasonably be assumed to have mostly been fairly competitive games).

The 2008 Lions went 0-16 but at least had 8 games within 10 points.

1995 Panthers 7-9, Jaguars 4-12.

1999 Browns 2-14 with 3 losses within 10 points.

2002 Texans 4-12 with 5 losses within 10 points.

A list of the worst seasons since the last expansion in 2002 - http://athlonsports.com/nfl/worst-10-nfl...-expansion

2009 Rams 1-15 with 6 losses within 10 points.

2007 Dolphins 1-15 with 7 losses within 10 points.

I'm this bored during the Jags game, yes. But seriously, while I am a realist that it's only 4 games into the season, that is now officially a quarter of the season we have not be hardly the least bit competitive and it's truly difficult to look at 1 quarter in any of these 4 games and say that it was a competitive quarter. I'm not becoming a discontented fan and I won't start screaming for anyone to be fired, but it is beginning to set in that we may hardly be competitive this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 04:07 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Sure the old regime is to blame for the bad shape the roster was in during the 2012 season.  The Jaguars entered the 2013 offseaon with a high draft selection and plenty of cap room. 

Caldwell:  Rookie Gm who came in wanting to build through the draft.   This team had critical issues before Caldwell took over.  The team was in dire need of an upgrade here and it did not happen.  They believed Gabbert could be the guy and decided to wing it and have no back up plan.  Gabbert never will be a starting QB in the NFL and all but the most blind fan should see that.   There were a couple of FA that could of helped this team but it was never reported the Jags made any big efforts to improve this roster.

Bradley:  Ok I like the Tony Robbins thing and the whole positive atmosphere.  This team clearly lacks direction and it nothing seems to be changing.  I would like to see some action and change instead of going with the same old game plan and getting destoryed every week.  Your OC is straight garbage but you continue to let him call the game plan.  Gus better fire him or he may lose his job too.

Fisch:  This guy sucks.  He puts together an awful game plan for the jagurs and puts them into position to fail.  His classic iso play up the gut on 2nd and long puts the team in posiiton to fail.  Lets also not forget the 5 yard slant on 3rd and long.  Yes the QB fails to execute but the game plan stinks anyway.  Just terrible.

Gabbert:  I am not blaming Gabbert.  Most of the world new he was trash before the start of this season.  Caldwell and the staff believed they could polish this turd and turn him into a good player.  He stinks and every game he starts is worse for this team.

Henne:  He is better then gabbert but it's almost impossible not to be.  He stinks it up and cannot be relied on. 

Oline:  We have the worst interior line in the nfl.  Defensive lines love to play this team because they are always going to have a big day.  This line can't run or pass block.  Hopeless

The Players:  Most of these players should be ashamed of themselves.  This team is so bad that the 2nd string unit is coming in and still beating the starting squad.  The offense has been terrible, the defense has been bad, and stupid penalities have hurt this team.  Just awful

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Wallbash They'll be a new #1 on that list after this season

;

;
<FONT face="Weltron Urban" color=#008080 size=7><I></I></FONT> 

I have had tickets since (before) day 1 and I am now ready to give them up, It is doubtful I will renew next year.  Embarrassing! What a joke. WE NEED A QUARTERBACK. Why are they (who is the holdout?) refusing to consider TEBOW?  I am tired of waiting (always the excuse: rebuilding team, etc., new coach, etc.).  We are ready NOW to make changes. NOW. NOW. NOW. Not later. NOW

Quote:I have had tickets since (before) day 1 and I am now ready to give them up, It is doubtful I will renew next year.  Embarrassing! What a joke. WE NEED A QUARTERBACK. Why are they (who is the holdout?) refusing to consider TEBOW?  I am tired of waiting (always the excuse: rebuilding team, etc., new coach, etc.).  We are ready NOW to make changes. NOW. NOW. NOW. Not later. NOW
I have never been a tebow fan but at this point I am all for it.  Some tebow magic would be good for this team.  Certainly better then what this team is doing now.  Atleast it would please some fans.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I don't care anymore, I'm going fishing or shooting next weekend this garbage isn't worth my time anymore.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

As much as I love bashing Gabbert, and as much as he loves showing me why, Fisch is horrible.  

"If you sign him, he will come"  Tebow billboard in Jacksonville. 

Quote:"If you sign him, he will come"  Tebow billboard in Jacksonville. 

Suuuuurreee you will. Freaking front runner fair weather fans of a PLAYER instead of the TEAM we don't want or need.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: billboard-600x450.jpeg]

As much as you think Tebow will help, he won't. We're going to have to bite the bullet as fans. Tebow's time in the league has come to an end. He'll likely move on to bigger and better things but he won't be a Jaguar. Ever. Give up on that.

Shack Harris, Gene Smith, Wayne Weaver all culpable.  

Gene's Myth

I think the Tebow thing is absurd and people who truly think he is a "fix" are blind and oblivious. A career 46% passer will never consistently/regularly be a winning quarterback in the NFL. He came on in 2011 as the new-hot-thing post-Wildcat era but pre-read option era.

Take a look. The wildcat was a short-lasting fad because defenses figured it out once a few offenses began using it regularly, and those offenses figured out that when the defense plays it honestly, the offense has few options out fo the formation. Then look at the current read-option fad. It's already being played less this year than last. Why? Partly because the young quarterbacks having run it have a year or two under their belt in the league now and have improved upon already solid passing skills, and oh yeah, you're putting your main guy at a higher risk for injury (see RGIII).

Let's get some honest, open-minded Tebow fans for a moment. Look at 2011. He came in and did unexpected things that had not been seen before. Then teams collected tape. Then there was a sample to study and see what he would do, how he would react, and the best way to defend him. And teams did so. And the Broncos limped into the playoffs by losing their final 3 games of the season.

Yeah, they beat the Steelers in the playoffs. A surprising win. And were then stomped the next week. It's the NFL. Theoretically even the worst can win on any given Sunday (except our team this year). That's what happened when the Broncos won a playoff game. The lesser team won. But Tebow lost 4 of his last 5 starts after the league figured it out.

He won't sustain it for any long period of time.

With that said... It truly couldn't be any worse and I wouldn't give two ***** at this point.

I have to admit that I was optimistic about Fisch and I am rapidly losing confidence in him.  He is incredibly handcuffed by the G/C play and the QB however - so it's hard to accurately evaluate him.    He'd likely do well with a better QB and an upgrade at LG and C. 

Attendance at the stadium is going to start to decline rapidly...

Quote:Attendance at the stadium is going to start to decline rapidly...

Can't even blame people.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 04:29 PM by knarnn.)

People were ready to run Dirk Koetter out of town. All of a sudden he gets a real QB in ATL and he's getting HC interviews.

Fisch isn't the problem. Gus isn't the problem.

Gabbert is.

Caldwell deserves an equal share of blame for not even attempting to upgrade or add to the QB position all offseason. It frustrates me to see Geno, EJ, and now Glennon look like budding stars and competent NFL caliber QBs. Even guys like Alex Smith and even the lowly Matt Cassell has looked head over shoulders better than any QB on our roster. Every single QB I listed were available at one point in time this offseason and Caldwell hung his hat on Gabbert and/or Henne.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We may beat the 1976 Bucs as worst team in NFL history...

Quote:Attendance at the stadium is going to start to decline rapidly...

Doesn't matter how much you spice up the situation off the field.  This is a football team, well, supposedly a football team.  Jaguars of 2013 are the worst team I've seen in 18 years of watching football.  

Gene's Myth

it's Dave Caldwell's fault for not attempting to field a competitive team.

I won't say it's okay to mail in an entire season before it starts, but at least attempt to improve parts of your football team. This doesn't make sense, and "rebuilding" is not an excuse for it.

I won't ever forget what Caldwell did to this football team this year, even if we become competitive next year. You don't purposefully subject fans to this type of lethargy and tell them to suck it up and expect them to go to games.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.