Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Least Competitive Team In Modern History?

Don't panic. The worse is yet to come. This team is destined to enter record book.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:People were ready to run Dirk Koetter out of town. All of a sudden he gets a real QB in ATL and he's getting HC interviews.

Fisch isn't the problem. Gus isn't the problem.

Gabbert is.

Caldwell deserves an equal share of blame for not even attempting to upgrade or add to the QB position all offseason. It frustrates me to see Geno, EJ, and now Glennon look like budding stars and competent NFL caliber QBs. Even guys like Alex Smith and even the lowly Matt Cassell has looked head over shoulders better than any QB on our roster. Every single QB I listed were available at one point in time this offseason and Caldwell hung his hat on Gabbert and/or Henne.

Fisch is NOT THE PROBLEM. The GABSTER is... Bill Walsh wouldn't score points with this guy.

He is not an NFL QB. Not a 2nd string, nor 3rd string. I don't even think he'd do good in the CFL.

The Gabster should play in a flag football league.
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

I thought the Jaguars improved the roster over last years through the draft, but if they did, the new coaching staff can't get them to play.

Quote:Shack Harris, Gene Smith, Wayne Weaver all culpable.  
Shack Harris gave us 3 winning seasons and 2 playoffs and a playoff win, I will take that any day over Gene's getting worst every year GM

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Attendance at the stadium is going to start to decline rapidly...

Yea, but then next year we will have the number 1 pick (presumably) and the scoreboards (will be neat to check out) and some free agents (we better).  I am sure Lamping and company will have something else up their sleeves to get butts in the seats.  That being said, the team also has a little leeway in sense that Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and NY Giants in town next year.  That buys team a year of ticket sales even coming off a few bad seasons, hopefully allowing team to start to be competitive.  Winning, of course, would help the most.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 04:53 PM by roycee.)

Combo of things: Shack Harris did play a hand with his bad drafting & FA signings, as did Gene Smith. Bad coaching decisions, etc. ALL set this team back from being a team that looked like a playoff contender, to being the team it is now. We haven't really hit on more than a hand full of draft picks/FA signings in the last 10 or so years so it's not surprising but sitting through a season like this does take a bit out of you. 

Quote:Shack Harris gave us 3 winning seasons and 2 playoffs and a playoff win, I will take that any day over Gene's getting worst every year GM
He did that on the strength of what Coughlin left him. Once Coughlin's guys started getting old it was over for the Jagaurs.

Smh

This team is bad. It's possibly bad in historic proportions. There's plenty of blame to go around, but seriously, was anyone expecting a good football team this year? I certainly wasn't. I was hoping for more competitive play, and we've seen that in spurts.

The defense isn't good, but they're the only thing keeping this team in games until they run out of gas.

The offense is terrible. Gabbert and He me are the same guy. There is no difference.

Cecil Shorts was pathetic out there today and seems to be regressing.

MJD is done. Stick a fork in him. There were a couple of plays out there when it looked like the wind tackled him. Absolutely none of the punishing style we've been a accustomed to over the years.

Denard Robinson is to offensive weapons what cork guns are to firearms. What a joke that is. He can't catch. Isn't wowing anyone with his blazing speed and supposed playmaking ability.

Ace Sanders never dropped a ball in college. He's making up for it now.

Marcedes Lewis? He should be packing it in with MJD. One series and he's back in street clothes.

I felt sorry for Gabbert at times today. They'd roll him out to let him do what he actually does well, and every time they did, not a single receiver was even remotely available. When he did throw it, it was just as likely to bounce off Shorts' hands as it was to batter the Gatorade coolers.

That rookie DE we've got who kept getting called for offsides? He needs to be cut. Oh wait. He's a seasoned veteran making idiotic play after idiotic play, hurting this defense when they occasionally do something well! Babin needs to go. Don't care if he's the best we've got. If he's making boneheaded plays like that, he's not helping anything here. We could throw a rookie in there to make the kind of mistakes he did today.

It's painful to sit through these games, especially knowing that the crowd showed up stronger than expected based on the bridge situation and a winless, crappy team to support. They were rewarded yet again with another embarrassing blowout loss.

The only silver lining in this whole situation is we're really proving ourselves deserving of the first pick in the draft. The problem with that is we'll find a way to squander that on a guy who is overhyped and not capable of living up to the press. Queue the rebuild that will begin again in 2015.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Somebody told me in school 'if you can't make it to the ivy league, at least leave some marks on the yearbooks.'

If 2013 Jaguars can't make the playoff, it's a very good thing to break some NFL records. E.g. least points for, most points allowed, lowest turnover margins, most blowout games, etc. It's weird but I do like this team a lot. Games are fun to watch because I am expecting bad things to happen. 

Go Jags!

The good news is that there is no "rebuild" to queue. I mean seriously, what is there to "re" build? Due to age/money/injury/whatever reasons, we have let some of our better (best?) players walk in the past year or two, or outright cut them. We're playing this year without, what, our top 4 or 5 CBs from last year? Not that all of them were GOOD, but... On the d-line, Alualu is the only starter remaining from the beginning of last season, coupled with the mid-season addition of Babin. Besides Shorts and Blackmon, all our receivers are new to the team. Same at TE behind Lewis, who we don't see play anyway. RB is the same after MJD. It's amazing the amount of turnover this year from last. So looking at all of that, coupled with the expected level of talent and the actual result being seen on the field, there is nothing to "rebuild" and "blow up" after this year. This truly is bottom of the bottom and thus simply a building project.

Now, that's not to say that every starter on this team needs to be gone. There's too much youth/inexperience being relied upon all at once and at no point with this amount of such can you expect all to be 1st/2nd-round instant-starter caliber. But there are some flashes out there that you hope will develop as the year progress. Not to say that we will be significantly better come year end, but there are some building blocks around the team. It's just that those blocks have to develop, and other strengths need to be added. I do indeed hope we are more of a player in free agency. We don't have to go sign the biggest names, but actively signing 2-3 starting-caliber players and a handful of known-commodity reliable backups would please me.

Quote:The problem with that is we'll find a way to squander that on a guy who is overhyped and not capable of living up to the press. Queue the rebuild that will begin again in 2015.

Dont worry, Teddy will save us. 

Quote:This team is bad. It's possibly bad in historic proportions. There's plenty of blame to go around, but seriously, was anyone expecting a good football team this year? I certainly wasn't. I was hoping for more competitive play, and we've seen that in spurts.

The defense isn't good, but they're the only thing keeping this team in games until they run out of gas.

The offense is terrible. Gabbert and He me are the same guy. There is no difference.

Cecil Shorts was pathetic out there today and seems to be regressing.

MJD is done. Stick a fork in him. There were a couple of plays out there when it looked like the wind tackled him. Absolutely none of the punishing style we've been a accustomed to over the years.

Denard Robinson is to offensive weapons what cork guns are to firearms. What a joke that is. He can't catch. Isn't wowing anyone with his blazing speed and supposed playmaking ability.

Ace Sanders never dropped a ball in college. He's making up for it now.

Marcedes Lewis? He should be packing it in with MJD. One series and he's back in street clothes.

I felt sorry for Gabbert at times today. They'd roll him out to let him do what he actually does well, and every time they did, not a single receiver was even remotely available. When he did throw it, it was just as likely to bounce off Shorts' hands as it was to batter the Gatorade coolers.

That rookie DE we've got who kept getting called for offsides? He needs to be cut. Oh wait. He's a seasoned veteran making idiotic play after idiotic play, hurting this defense when they occasionally do something well! Babin needs to go. Don't care if he's the best we've got. If he's making boneheaded plays like that, he's not helping anything here. We could throw a rookie in there to make the kind of mistakes he did today.

It's painful to sit through these games, especially knowing that the crowd showed up stronger than expected based on the bridge situation and a winless, crappy team to support. They were rewarded yet again with another embarrassing blowout loss.

The only silver lining in this whole situation is we're really proving ourselves deserving of the first pick in the draft. The problem with that is we'll find a way to squander that on a guy who is overhyped and not capable of living up to the press. Queue the rebuild that will begin again in 2015.

This might be the most honest post I've ever read on this board.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Or we'll pick the right guy but run him out of town before he truly gets into playing rhythm.  I know our Jacksonville.  Teddy Bridgewater may be accommodated in many towns and develop.  Jacksonville will eat him up prematurely and he'll be average before he grows.  Then we'll be back to rebuilding.  We are stuck in non-entity and I think we are scared to be anything else at this point.  #LosingIsContagious

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.