Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
@ Shannon Sharpe

Dan Marino: Jags need a QB

Sharpe: Josh Freeman is just a bit north of them.

I love going up north to Tampa. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder if Marino remembers his last game against us.

We apologize for that Marino.  Please ask the football gods to forgive us and give us a Franchise QB.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I don't understand how our coaches can constantly stand behind starting Gabbert every week. What can you say to defend that decision??

Quote:I don't understand how our coaches can constantly stand behind starting Gabbert every week. What can you say to defend that decision??

Blaine just wants to please everyone...

Quote:I don't understand how our coaches can constantly stand behind starting Gabbert every week. What can you say to defend that decision??
He's young and deserves a HOF roster surrounding him

Maybe they really do want to tank for Teddy.. seems unlikely but can a team offense really be this bad? (gotta give some credit to our D tho)

The best thing that could happen to the jags is Gabbert playing the qb position that would put us in a position for #1draft pick. I think that's what caldwell is trying to do.In the meantime they an build the secondary and other positions. if they can draft a qb and get some late round hits next year, we've a good chance to be better. Not awful like what we are now.

Quote:The best thing that could happen to the jags is Gabbert playing the qb position that would put us in a position for #1draft pick. I think that's what caldwell is trying to do.In the meantime they an build the secondary and other positions. if they can draft a qb and get some late round hits next year, we've a good chance to be better. Not awful like what we are now.
There is absolutely not reason in the world to think this for half a second. Any real Jaguars fan knows they must win every week and wants them to win every week. How is that hard to understand?

what is it that you want them to do? 

Quote:I wonder if Marino remembers his last game against us.

there is no doubt. watch him talk. he hates the jags.

ice cream

Quote:There is absolutely not reason in the world to think this for half a second. Any real Jaguars fan knows they must win every week and wants them to win every week. How is that hard to understand?

So you're saying that I am not a Jags fan? I'm realistic. This team isn't winning games this season. Period. We've been stuck in continual mediocrity for far too long. I will take a losing season for a shot at a potential high level QB if that's what results out of it. Of course nothing about any prospect is certain but next year our QB situation must be different. There's no other option at this point.

I want what I think is best for the future of the franchise JW. A 4-12 or 5-11 season isn't what's best for the team at this point. We've been through this before as a franchise and it cost us RGIII and Andrew Luck. I don't want to see that happen again.

The face that Shannon could only get into Savannah St because he plays football should tell you all you need to know about his IQ.

Although in his defense, most Americans are clueless when it comes to geography.

Quote:There is absolutely not reason in the world to think this for half a second. Any real Jaguars fan knows they must win every week and wants them to win every week. How is that hard to understand?
You're the "real" Jags fan? Every one else is just pretend? Just jumpin on that bandwagon, eh?

Quote:Dan Marino: Jags need a QB

Sharpe: Josh Freeman is just a bit north of them.

I love going up north to Tampa. 

I thought he was referring to Freeman being in London, England. Either way it was a ridiculous comment.

[Image: fark_fUaiY8tWcSeY9gWsFpKlkzzYVRk.jpg?t=Z...1381118400]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013, 04:38 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

Quote:So you're saying that I am not a Jags fan? I'm realistic. This team isn't winning games this season. Period. We've been stuck in continual mediocrity for far too long. I will take a losing season for a shot at a potential high level QB if that's what results out of it. Of course nothing about any prospect is certain but next year our QB situation must be different. There's no other option at this point.

I want what I think is best for the future of the franchise JW. A 4-12 or 5-11 season isn't what's best for the team at this point. We've been through this before as a franchise and it cost us RGIII and Andrew Luck. I don't want to see that happen again.

Hey, it worked somewhat for Detroit? Lol I agree with your reasoning. No reason to win 3 or 4 games and lose out on a possible Franchise QB. It doesn't do any good. Now, we must understand, they will never tell us, nor the players they are tanking the season. But I wouldn't put it past them. Honestly, I would rather go 0-16, then 4-12. There's no benefit to it; especially in the draft. None, what so ever. if you're gonna stink, stink it up all the way and benefit from it. BTW, saying these things, does not make a fan less of a fan. It actually makes them more visionary and reasonable. Smile

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Well, there are a number of ways:

first, consider that it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that we're in the market next draft for a quarterback. So Blaine is being developed, but he will be a backup quarterback. He is younger and stronger than Henne. There's nothing to lose by letting Blaine get some more experience and nothing to gain by playing Henne.

second, so what if we're playing Blaine? Henne is already as developed as he will ever be and is a known quantity; not so much so with Gabbert. But either way with Henne or Gabbert starting, the team is looking to finish in dead last place. We wish we were better, but we're not. Blame it on poor player selection for years by Gene Smith. Blame it on years of mediocre coaching from Del Rio. Blame it on the prior owner who allowed these slugs to stay here for too long and decimate this franchise! When you get right down to it, it's Wayne Weaver who allowed this team to become what it is now. He should have put it up for sale sooner than he did; maybe we wouldn't be in this situation now if he had...

So get over it; the team is what it is.... for now. The general manager, head coach, and owner know the team lacks talent and has too much inexperience in key positions. There's nothing that can be done about that in just one draft; the current staff was hamstrung by what was done by the previous GM. We (the fans) were being too optimistic (understatement) when we thought we might go 5-11; we've already played the most likely games we could win and got spanked. We are looking now at going 0-16 or (if we get lucky) 1-15. That's our present reality.

But there is a silver lining to this dark cloud; we now have a GM who seems pretty intelligent. We might have a head coach who is pretty good too (once he has some decent talent on the field). We have an owner who is willing to lay out some money to get talent (once it's available). The smart move, albeit painful to endure, is to resign ourselves that we are headed for finishing at #32 this year. So lets look for the younger guys to get some experience and real game development. And relax; enjoy the games. 

Ok; so we finish last place this year. We know what we need first; there are some good quarterbacks coming up this next draft (unlike this past one). We need to replace some offensive linemen (a center and two guards). We're still looking for that elusive pass rushing defensive end. We could use some linebackers. This can all be fixed, but it's gonna take some time (probably two more seasons until we're realistically competitive).

That's just the way it is.... for now.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

I've been a Jags fan since before they existed. I supported the original Touchdown Jacksonville effort and have been attending games from the start.

I want them to lose every stinking game this year. They're not good enough or deserving of a fluke win. I want them to earn the top pick in the draft in epically bad style so we can at least have a shot at landing a franchise QB.

Thinking this team has a chance to win every week doesn't make you a good fan. It makes you delusional.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I've been a Jags fan since before they existed. I supported the original Touchdown Jacksonville effort and have been attending games from the start.

I want them to lose every stinking game this year. They're not good enough or deserving of a fluke win. I want them to earn the top pick in the draft in epically bad style so we can at least have a shot at landing a franchise QB.

Thinking this team has a chance to win every week doesn't make you a good fan. It makes you delusional.

You took the words out of my mouth. 

OH MY GOD I HAVE AN IDEA TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEM!!!!

TIMMEH TEBOW!!!!!!!!! :MIND BLOWN: 

It really is sad how bad it is. I still like to get excited for the games and pay close attention and cheer when someone makes a play but holy cow I have never experienced something this low. They really just make me hate football to the point where I can't even get excited for the games anymore.

No pain, no gain.