Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tajh Boyd Vs. Teddy Bridgewater

Could Tajh surpass Teddy in the QB race down the line this season? He put on a very impressive performance today for the ones who doubt his arm.

Opinions?
Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bridgwater is typically more accurate and and has shown better pre snap reads. I have not seen anyone judging Tajh's arm strength. Guy has a cannon. It is just that he can have trouble putting enough touch on it and not hitting his windows perfectly. It is hard sometimes to judge Tajh given how good he receivers have been. Given the Jaguars current O-Line I would have more peace of mind with Tajh dealing with the hits than Bridgewater though.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 11:15 PM by J-Mizzal.)

T.Boyd is not a franchise top 10 type QB, there is nothing special about him

He is short, not explosive, and chubby

He has a decent arm, makes good plays in his system thats all

To be a top ten franchise QB teams fall in love with, you have to have some of these qualities, great size, arm strength, explosiveness, very productive, smart

How many 6'1 QBs you see going in the top 10? Mike Vick is all I can think of off the top of my head, but he was super fast and had a super arm and crazy explosive

I will keep saying this, just because a guy puts up great college numbers, it does not mean they can be NFL franchise QBs 

Are there good undersized QBs yes, Russell Wilson, Drew Bress, but nobody took them in the first round its risky, could somebody take Boyd in the 1st round YES but I doubt he goes in the top ten.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:T.Boyd is not a franchise top 10 type QB, there is nothing special about him

He is short, not explosive, and chubby

He has a decent arm, makes good plays in his system thats all

To be a top ten franchise QB teams fall in love with, you have to have some of these qualities, great size, arm strength, explosiveness, very productive, smart

How many 6'1 QBs you see going in the top 10? Mike Vick is all I can think of off the top of my head, but he was super fast and had a super arm and crazy explosive

I will keep saying this, just because a guy puts up great college numbers, it does not mean they can be NFL franchise QBs

Are there good undersized QBs yes, Russell Wilson, Drew Bress, but nobody took them in the first round its risky, could somebody take Boyd in the 1st round YES but I doubt he goes in the top ten.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 11:48 PM by vagrantwade.)

Boyd is going to be lucky to be taken in the first half of the draft. I like him but he has too many negatives. He also doesn't appear to have a very high ceiling.

TEST

MORRIS>THE OTHER GUYS

We already had a Tajh Boyd level QB here once, this team needs better than that at the QB spot.

Quote:We already had a Tajh Boyd level QB here once, this team needs better than that at the QB spot.

Pretty much. The reason why people aren't as high on him is because what you see is what you get. Skill development wise he has appeared to have peaked last season. I still think he can be good in the NFL if he gets drafted by a team with a bunch of good pieces around him.

TEST

Quote:Pretty much. The reason why people aren't as high on him is because what you see is what you get. Skill development wise he has appeared to have peaked last season. I still think he can be good in the NFL if he gets drafted by a team with a bunch of good pieces around him.
Yup he could be a good NFL QB just not a Franchise QB that you put all your marbles on and take in the top 10.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Boyd had a great game today. Can't go wrong with either, really. I feel comfortable knowing we're definiely getting one of the 2.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 05:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Nobody can pass Teddy, he is all ready the GOAT.  Best there is, was, and ever will be.

Teddy is offended their names are in the same sentence. Boyd is going to be a back end 1st rounder by time the evaluation process is finished...or as I said in another thread, not in the 1st round at all. He's jut not special in any way...back end starting QB in the NFL. But still better pro than Murray or McCarron!

I still don't get how ppl think this QB draft class is "deep". Only one great qb, and the rest are just so-so 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Quote:I still don't get how ppl think this QB draft class is "deep". Only one great qb, and the rest are just so-so 2nd and 3rd rounder.
Teddy, Mariota, Hundley, Mettenberger, and Bortles are legit 1st round talents. Boyd, Manziel, Logan and Carr are good 2nd day talents and one or two could go first round because QBs always rise. And then you have a ton of depth with Murray, McCarron, Fales, Smith, Matthews, Morris, Renner, Garaoppolo, Price etc.

I agree the top end of the class (AFTER TEDDY) is getting overrated, but there are a dozen legit draftable QBs that's very deep. 

*Obviously some of the above should and will stay in school. 

<sub>Boyd is the passer Syracuse has at the moment...</sub>

TEST

Quote:Teddy, Mariota, Hundley, Mettenberger, and Bortles are legit 1st round talents. Boyd, Manziel, Logan and Carr are good 2nd day talents and one or two could go first round because QBs always rise. And then you have a ton of depth with Murray, McCarron, Fales, Smith, Matthews, Morris, Renner, Garaoppolo, Price etc.

I agree the top end of the class (AFTER TEDDY) is getting overrated, but there are a dozen legit draftable QBs that's very deep.

*Obviously some of the above should and will stay in school.
The ONLY prospect that I'd worth a first round grade right now is Teddy (he's actually top 5 grade). Mariota and Hundley need to stay in school an extra season. If you think Bottles and Mettenberger are first rounders, you must be drinking something really strong!

Teddy is a significantly better QB prospect than Boyd. The only thing Boyd has on Teddy is athleticism. Teddy is better in every other category.

I'd rather have Watkins over Boyd. Watkins is going to beast in the NFL.
TEST

Quote:I'd rather have Watkins over Boyd. Watkins is going to beast in the NFL.
I'd be shocked if Boyd were drafted over Watkins so yeah I'd say that not at all a bold statement.

If the Browns can't land Teddy, they will mostly like trade up into the late first and take Boyd.